Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:55 AM

4 posts, read 6,110 times

Advertisements

there was no spoon involved. gloved hand into the BBQ, placed on the plate. same gloved hand taking my cash. probably an honest mistake. folks think they are "sanitary" because they are wearing gloves, not realizing the cross contamination they may be creating. seems picky, but cash is the dirtiest thing out there folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 12:07 PM

1,977 posts, read 4,206,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flickering View Post
there was no spoon involved. gloved hand into the BBQ, placed on the plate. same gloved hand taking my cash. probably an honest mistake. folks think they are "sanitary" because they are wearing gloves, not realizing the cross contamination they may be creating. seems picky, but cash is the dirtiest thing out there folks.
Did you wash your hands after paying with said cash and before eating said BBQ that you just paid for?

Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM

3,145 posts, read 5,956,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flickering View Post
I can not, and will not, argue this point with you. I do not like gloved hands in a food service environment. There are a few specific tasks that I condone the use of gloves, but once that specific job is complete I like to see the gloves come off and the hands washed.

As a food service professional I do not wear gloves and recommend all of my employees to follow the same rule. People become complaisant when wearing gloves. They start to think that just because their hands are covered they do not have to wash them. I like for them to "feel" just how dirty their hands are. My belief is that if they feel or see grime, they will wash their hands. I advocate against gloves in favor of regular, and often, hand washing.

Sorry to derail the thread!

Last edited by cape_fisherman; 05-13-2011 at 12:27 PM..

Old 12-10-2011, 06:41 PM

606 posts, read 730,170 times
Whatever happened to "Hog Heaven" just east of Greenville?

Old 12-11-2011, 06:15 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,896,349 times
I'd have to vote for Skylight as well. There BBq has a subtle sweetness to it, without the addition of any sauce.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:58 AM

327 posts, read 602,737 times
Had to revive this thread. I tried Morris BBQ over in Hookerton this morning and it was absolutely delicious. Highly recommended. They're only open on Saturdays though, which is a shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina