Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 04:30 AM

5 posts, read 11,623 times

Advertisements

We have a lot on Covedale in the Reserve. Our builder has broken ground and our foundation is in! We were lucky and our home sold in about a week in January.

The moving truck comes today along with a snow storm that arrives in the Baltimore area tonight/tomorrow. Can't wait to finally become a St James resident. Thank you all for the last few years of following this forum, reading Cat Tales, and of course, reading Ask Judy, too!!!

Stoney, we would love to meet up with you.....my husband is the one who grew up in Union, NJ!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 AM

805 posts, read 2,005,905 times
Shosid, even smaller world, I'm building the house almost next door to you, the big one on the eyebrow when you turn right off Ridgecrest. Your house sold, movers coming, it's all over for you except the shouting now.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 AM

14 posts, read 54,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Beautiful home and decorated professionally. I am shocked it is still on the market. Great price too.... I'm probably being to nosy but why are you leaving? I'm dying to get down there and this house would be perfect for us....I'm fed up with New Jersey after living in Charlotte for 20 years. Longest 6 years of my life, not to mention the 1:45 hr commute each way to the Big Apple....

Oh well, turn 59 St Pattys day, 3 more years of misery unless I hit the lottery.....

Once again, very nice home.

Thanks, Biscman! Really one reason we want to sell, we downsized too far too fast. The house does not fit our lifestyle as we want to have large family gatherings with our kids and 6+ grandkids. We bought the house because my husband took a job in Wilmington after retiring from a large corporation. We loved the fact that it was close to the gate, fitness center and grocery store and that it was low maintenance and lawncare was provided. After less than a year (and before I could close my business and get down there) the project he was hired for ran into patent legal issues and his job no longer existed in Wilmington. We then found ourselves in Houston. We have never lived in the house and feel very fortunate that we bought there instead of somewhere else in St. James. We love the house and especially the neighborhood. The neighbors are the most awesome ever. Very active and very close. We do many things together when we are back in RL. The cohesiveness of our neighborhood is unparelleled. We have had a couple of offers but have not been able to come to an agreement. We are motivated sellers but not desperate. It is difficult to get people to see the value of this house over the sizzle of the newer ones. Ours has superior features such as a crawl space, front porch with nice entry, hand-crafted hardwood floors - the list goes on and on. The builder cut back on these features to reduce the price of the new homes in the neighborhood.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM

14 posts, read 54,653 times
Yes, ESN, the homes do look similar. They are becoming a little more diverse as the neighborhood becomes built out. Some like that concept, some don't. It didn't bother us when we purchased - we are way past the point of trying to impress anyone from the outside As far as getting lost trying to find our house, we have never had that problem. I guess after having one too many, one could stumble into a neighbor's house. You can be certain though that you would be welcome - probably would even have a key! Its that kind of community.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:10 PM

158 posts, read 345,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shosid View Post
We have a lot on Covedale in the Reserve. Our builder has broken ground and our foundation is in! We were lucky and our home sold in about a week in January.

The moving truck comes today along with a snow storm that arrives in the Baltimore area tonight/tomorrow. Can't wait to finally become a St James resident. Thank you all for the last few years of following this forum, reading Cat Tales, and of course, reading Ask Judy, too!!!

Stoney, we would love to meet up with you.....my husband is the one who grew up in Union, NJ!
@shosid...hello, if I'm not being too personal, I was wondering if you will be storing your furniture until your home is completed.

We are also planning a move to the area and will need to store furniture etc during the construction of our home. We are having trouble finding air conditioned and humidity controlled storage warehouses. I know the self storage spaces are usually air conditioned, but we have too much to fit in the self storage.

I would appreciate any help you or anyone can offer. We are, unfortunately, only too familiar with what uncontrolled humidity can do.

Thanks....

Old 03-05-2013, 01:46 PM

5 posts, read 11,623 times
Default Storage

We have rented an unfurnished home, so we do not have to use a rental storage company. I really wanted to sleep in my own bed for the time that it takes to build. It's a small home and plan to keep most of our things boxed for the next move!

They have just finished loading and told me that they will see me on Friday morning.....if only it wasn't going to snow here!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 PM

158 posts, read 345,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shosid View Post
We have rented an unfurnished home, so we do not have to use a rental storage company. I really wanted to sleep in my own bed for the time that it takes to build. It's a small home and plan to keep most of our things boxed for the next move!

They have just finished loading and told me that they will see me on Friday morning.....if only it wasn't going to snow here!
Thank you and good luck with everything. Snow coming my way also....5-8 inches !

Old 03-05-2013, 07:31 PM

383 posts, read 892,508 times
Shosid,

My home is also being built in the Reserve and our construction is at the same stage as yours. I look forward to closing about June. It will be nice to have you as my neighbor.

Pony

Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,505,719 times
Great news and good luck to all of you guys. Snowing in Washington DC as we speak and heading up 95 North.

I'm fed up with winter. People on the Jersey beaches going to get blasted again, 15 fot waves off shore with 3 high tides/

Poor people...........

Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,423,993 times
How about loading the Feb and March Cat Tales onto the POA website?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina