Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 02:40 PM

45 posts, read 177,891 times

Advertisements

Seaside definitely has the most family activity. I imagine the Members Club indoor pool in the summer isn't crowded with kids, and I doubt the other pools are either. Seaside's zero entry pool, the splash zone, and the snack bar are all kid magnets.

On the other hand, my girls (ages 6, 8, and 10) like to go to the Members Club indoor pool in the winter during free swim hours. They're well-behaved kids and we try to stay in one small section of the pool. That said, a few of the members didn't take too kindly to having to share the pool with kids. Even contained to the small area we tried to swim in, we could hear some of the seniors complaining and one of them decided he'd swim laps right through us regardless of how little room we were taking up. And who said St James was full of friendly neighbors?! Ha ha. I guess that doesn't apply to everyone.

We'll try again this winter. I'm sure that was just bad luck and timing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 04:16 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
That't the problem with pools. They are multi-functional and the uses don't always coexist well. Obviously the kids, and a lot of adults just want to splash, float and generally use the water as a play ground. On the other hand, others like to use it for exercise, water aerobics, swimming laps etc. Its tough to swim laps in-between kids playing Marco Polo. Non the less, if you pay for the privilege of using the pool, you have the right to use it in your own way. Scheduling blocks of time for certain activities is about all you can do. If you go during free swim and expect to swim laps, you are just being an arse if you complain.

Old 09-25-2014, 04:16 AM

23 posts, read 56,247 times
Default interesting website

www.saintjamesinsider.com

Google Terry Reilly of Star News and read some of his articles

Old 09-25-2014, 06:08 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep2014 View Post
www.saintjamesinsider.com

Google Terry Reilly of Star News and read some of his articles
Interesting ... in any good size town, there will always be issues. It gives people something to do and something to talk about.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:50 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
All fair points. A few couples i am friendly with came back and were somewwhat dissapointed that SJP focuses their advertising to Retiree community but when the went down there they mentioned the pools were flooded with kids. As the saying goes, you can't please everyone.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
That't the problem with pools. They are multi-functional and the uses don't always coexist well. Obviously the kids, and a lot of adults just want to splash, float and generally use the water as a play ground. On the other hand, others like to use it for exercise, water aerobics, swimming laps etc. Its tough to swim laps in-between kids playing Marco Polo. Non the less, if you pay for the privilege of using the pool, you have the right to use it in your own way. Scheduling blocks of time for certain activities is about all you can do. If you go during free swim and expect to swim laps, you are just being an arse if you complain.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:36 AM

32 posts, read 72,538 times
Can anyone tell me approx. what the yearly property tax bill would be on a $425K home in SJP. Thanks!

Old 09-25-2014, 11:42 AM

59 posts, read 137,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsef View Post
Can anyone tell me approx. what the yearly property tax bill would be on a $425K home in SJP. Thanks!
We were told to estimate about $500 per $100k.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:49 AM

93 posts, read 207,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abby310w View Post
We were told to estimate about $500 per $100k.
Very accurate to my knowledge

Old 09-25-2014, 01:55 PM

12 posts, read 32,508 times
Default Gators!?!?!?!

GATORS in SJP? I asked several in real estate and our builders if there were any and was given reassurance there weren't gators in SJP.
PonyPride,When you say the lagoon by Beach club, is that on Oak Island?
And when you say in ponds, could you please be more specific? Like what pond exactly?? Any in Sea Side?
Gatorbyter, in the pond by your home in SJP?
I am from MI, NY, DE and PA and have only seen them in SC when visiting my sister on Harbor Island and that was close enough for me.
Will need to add more flood lights cause my dog has to go out before retiring for the night. Either that or teach him to use the toilet. He is pretty smart!
Am researching the habits of gators now....

Old 09-25-2014, 02:29 PM

45 posts, read 177,891 times
Definitely a gator or two in the pond behind the Harbor Walk Condos (near the marina). We never fail to see one each time we're down. There was a very large male in the pond this spring, but I think he left. The one I've seen more frequently is only 3 feet or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina