Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 12:34 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,794 times

Advertisements

Wow, Might be leaning towards Ocean Ridge Plantation after reading this......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 12:57 PM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscman View Post
Wow, Might be leaning towards Ocean Ridge Plantation after reading this......
Don't forget the Brunswick County Parade of Homes is this month!! Their website finally put the homes that will be spotlighted into the website....Floor plans, prices if for sale, and what builder they are. Most of the Brunswick County plantations will be featured....!! PS - things are quiet in ORP - I don't see much of any kind of bickering that I see at SJP - wow !!

Old 10-09-2014, 01:34 PM

45 posts, read 177,919 times
I think any time you get 4,000+ residents in one area, you're probably going to get some differences of opinion on how best to maintain and grow the community. While I'd just sit this issue out personally, I have no doubt that there are a bunch of Type A personalities in a population that size that are pretty passionate about their stances on all things St James. On top of that, as retirees, many of the folks have all the time in the world to focus on issues like these and get wrapped up in the sentiment. It seems like most issues are handled proactively and in a congenial fashion. But it doesn't surprise me that things escalate and can turn a bit nasty from time to time.

Heck, in my neighborhood of 144 homes here in Cary, we've had neighbors openly slam the HOA board on message boards for planting the wrong type of flowers at the entrances or adding too much lighting to an entrance sign, etc. One guy even started a campaign to pave over the neighborhood pool because it was too costly and attracted too much "riff raff". (keep in mind that Cary is one of the lowest crime areas I can think of, and HOA dues are a whopping $600 per YEAR!)

For Legacy Park, I can't tell what's fact and what's not on this issue (and I think it's not all black or white, so much of the reasoning is in the eye of the beholder). I just hope cooler heads can prevail. Maybe just a necessary speed bump in the road that serves to get the community more focused on the development's future?

Old 10-09-2014, 02:03 PM

23 posts, read 56,247 times
Default facts vs rumors

I can back up every one of the items in the reponse I posted

Old 10-09-2014, 04:42 PM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
Yes... Shep is obviously one unhappy camper. Before reading his tear laced dissertations and hearing the other negative tidbits from those Southport papers I actually thought I was having a nice life here.... but, apparently not. As a member of the planning board in my town in NJ for 6 years I actually thought that the very same things, politics, arguing, backbiting and accusations of everything from murder to spitting on the sidewalk... and on each side of every disagreement, happen with every town government/planning board/town council in everytown USA.... it certainly did back "home"..... but apparently I am wrong again.... only in St James and nowhere else. As I drive past the Legacy Park gate several times each day I actually commented many times on how nice it looked to me and apparently to all the people that have reserved the lots in there... apparently it isn't. ANDDDDD the actual nerve of the place requiring and enforcing a speed limit for the safety of it's residents and golfers..... that is really disgusting.

So.... I now realize what a hell-hole we all must be living in down here..... my advice, as the St James ship is "obviously" sinking quite rapidly, is to stay away, please, really, stay away. There are so many other places that you can retire to that have none of these life threatening arguments and situations.... after all, Biscy is quite correct, you do not need this stuff in your life..... please do not come here, if you have a visit planned, cancel it, get a refund before it's too late.... I will hold down the fort down here as long as I can, single handedly if I must, so you can all get away safely and warn everyone else to steer clear of the dump we live in.... the sooner people stop getting their hopes up that this place is even liveable the better.... IMO.

Last edited by Stonecreek67; 10-09-2014 at 05:07 PM..

Old 10-09-2014, 06:05 PM

93 posts, read 207,569 times
Gotta love dripping sarcasm, well done Stoney.

Gatorbyter

Old 10-09-2014, 06:06 PM

38 posts, read 84,067 times
Attaboy Stoney!! Nice to have to have you back!

Old 10-09-2014, 06:52 PM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
Well, it simply shows to go ya how stupid we all are at St James. While they're building over 250 homes in this dump at this very moment, which accounts for over 65% of al the building permits in Brunswick County and over 70 lots sold to more unsuspecting simpletons from up north in the last six months.... much more than any other plantation anywhere near St James, here we are having quite a happy life with all of our new friends and neighbors, getting ready to move into our newly constructed home in about a month and all the time my wife and I not knowing just how terrible it really is here. I feel ashamed and a bit duped.... I wish I had known about the terrible goings on sooner, you know, before we ordered furniture and all, now we're just stuck..... how simple we are to be going around this seemingly lovely place and being completely unawares as to the extent of terrible, terrible things going on that are sure to doom us all.

Oh woe is me........

Old 10-09-2014, 08:39 PM

383 posts, read 891,465 times
Just a note on the Reserve setbacks. I know in our area of the Reserve setbacks on the golf course were 40ft. but were changed about 1.5 years ago to 30ft. I am not sure if the setbacks differ in different parts of the Reserve, but in my section they are 30ft.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:13 PM

23 posts, read 56,247 times
Default setbacks

Why yours would go from 40 to 30 is baffling are you on the golf corse?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina