Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 05:07 AM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times

Advertisements

What would you like to know that has not been said ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 02:34 PM

43 posts, read 112,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caco54 View Post
I hear you but when I was looking at Ocean Ridge I thought they had square footage minimums depending on the "neighborhood". They didn't want small and large next to each other no matter how "nice" it was.

Same thing in Sea Watch. If you have a lot in a certain "neighborhood" you must build a certain type house with a certain square footage.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:31 PM

Yes.... it takes me a while to "get it"... but there ARE minimum square footages for each neighborhood, to protect the values. But they are not anything to worry about, for example the one neighborhood we looked at had a minimum house size of 2200 sq ft, which is smaller than almost all the houses in the neighborhood.

Old 01-06-2011, 04:06 PM

OK... so we must be doing something right in our lives, after 8 months on the market we just got a contract on our house that we can live with. So our return trip to St James in March has a new impetus as we are going to be shedding the NJ dust off our tails even sooner than anticipated. I hope that this next trip is a repeat of the last one as we shall need a place to lay our weary heads come June / July.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:45 PM

720 posts, read 1,708,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecreek67 View Post
OK... so we must be doing something right in our lives, after 8 months on the market we just got a contract on our house that we can live with. So our return trip to St James in March has a new impetus as we are going to be shedding the NJ dust off our tails even sooner than anticipated. I hope that this next trip is a repeat of the last one as we shall need a place to lay our weary heads come June / July.
Congratulations!! We're 27 monthes and counting until retirement and, hopefully, on to Brunswick county. Been going there since 1989.
Snow tomorrow and into Saturday.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:10 AM

Poodle... snow, yes we are very familiar with that particular phenominon of nature ..... soon to be a part of our "past" !

Old 01-07-2011, 12:49 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
Talking House Sale

Stoney

This is great news and congrats to you and your bride. Are you suprised on the 8 month timeline? That actually sounds pretty good considering the status of todays Real Estate Market.
Anyway, I am so glad for you guys!!!! This is great news and when our time comes I hope we can sell in under a year as well.

Maybe things are picking up in Real Estate in New Jersey after all.

Happy hunting down yonder!!!!

Old 01-07-2011, 12:58 PM

1,530 posts, read 2,415,635 times
Good for you Stoney. Now we will get real on the scene reports. There is a beer with my name on it at Tommy's keep the inventory turning as it will be 4 more years for me.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 PM

OK, by the numbers.... we shall endeavor to keep the booze supply fresh and moving at Tommy Thompsons, nothing worse than stale beer.

Regarding our house being 8 months on the market, I am not surprised at the length of time..... however.... the "price" I had to accept on this contract is a different matter, I just checked and thank goodness our health insurance plan ( a Caddillac plan of course ) covers the necessary visit to the proctologist tommorrow to remove said contract so it can be delivered to my attorney for review.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:23 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,132 times
Sorry to hear that Stoney!! My buddy who lives up in Warren has a 1.2 mill house and he knows the proctal exam is coming as well. Positive side is prices are real low in Charlotte as well so he will be able to buy a great house that used to be as expensive for much less.

I'm still real happy for you that you can get out of this crazy state and weather. Big one coming Tuesday night into Wed. Another Coastal Storm.

I'm toast city!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina