Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2023, 04:07 PM

59 posts, read 49,574 times

Advertisements

Recent article on the development across the street

https://www.starnewsonline.com/story...e/71238444007/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2023, 07:22 AM

15 posts, read 6,766 times
Any word what happen at the development meeting!

Old 11-10-2023, 08:46 AM

39 posts, read 22,248 times
One of my friends who lives in CP did not attend the CP Annual meeting but gave me some items that were discussed which she pulled from social media:

--Renaissance reviewed the budget and it was approved.

--The area to the left of the East entrance will be gifted to the HOA. (From all the comments, land doesn't seem usable since it is under high voltage power lines.)

--West Gate will get a light with a Michigan turn going East on 74/76 in 6 months time. (This is good since this is 1 of 2 requirements the DOT needed in order to approve C/O for both North Ridge and Safflower in Timber Ridge).

--East Gate will get a Michigan turn similar to West Gate, closer to the entrance than the current one in about 1 year.

--Many committees presented reports. (No specific information was provided on any of those reports.)

--Emergency vehicles can golf course if wooden bridge access in Highland Forest/Timber Ridge not accessible (I am not sure what this means but simply sharing).

--No plans for Renaissance Lifestyle to build any amenities on the West side of CP or do anything with Latitudes. (Latitudes is owned by Renaissance Golf Club.)

--CP is currently run by the MOA. There was a question as to when CP would be turned over to the residents. The response was that it had to be 80% of 5,800 homes since that was what was in writing. The follow up response from Steve Triola was there was no way 5,800 homes will be built. When pushed on how many, Steve said maybe 2,400 - 2,500. One post from one resident said Steve said an estimated 3-5 years.

I'm sure a lot more was discussed but none of the people/friends I have in CP attended the meeting. Perhaps someone who did attend could share more information. I do have a call in to 2 other friends so i I learn anything else, I will share.

Old 11-22-2023, 03:51 AM

49 posts, read 50,017 times
Default More Development ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannatyler View Post
Mike - you are correct. Don't rely on the salespeople which is why I speak with the Planning Board. Here's what I know: there are no planned west amenities as per the Planning Board. DOT is in talks with Renaissance right now to fix the west entrance which is a mandatory to get certificates of occupancy for North Ridge. There is potential land/lots that may be developed from North Ridge to Timber Ridge which the Planning Board has required. However, they also said they may not require it if Renaissance comes back and negotiates which they have not yet as of this past Thursday.

Your November meeting with Renaissance will prove be very interesting. Renaissance can exit CP in terms of being your MOA (1) when all the lots are sold (2) the year 2065 (3) at their discretion. It's not very comforting if you ask me.

This coming weekend is the CP showcase to try to sell the last of the North Ridge lots. They are offering free accommodations so they must be desperate to sell. According to the Planning Board, the developer has not submitted any plans to develop behind North Ridge, even thought the land allows for additional development. Should be interesting to see what happens next.

My reply......deforestation has begun directly across 74 from Compass Pointe west gate.....several acres already cleared literally over the last week.....there was a tiny sign a few weeks ago that indicated a zoning change....there has also been "gossip-talk" about another (unaffiliated to current Compass Pointe I hope) "Compass Pointe" development on the opposite side of 74....

Old 11-22-2023, 05:51 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRetired View Post
My reply......deforestation has begun directly across 74 from Compass Pointe west gate.....several acres already cleared literally over the last week.....there was a tiny sign a few weeks ago that indicated a zoning change....there has also been "gossip-talk" about another (unaffiliated to current Compass Pointe I hope) "Compass Pointe" development on the opposite side of 74....
Mike - Do they allow open burning of the stumps in Brunswick Coounty? I hope the developers would try composting instead.

Old 11-23-2023, 09:02 AM

This is for those of you who have lot deposits on North Ridge.

Since my CP broker had not called me with a status update since March when I put down a deposit on a lot in North Ridge, I called her. She said I am in Phase 3 of North Ridge and estimated February 2024 as the closing date.

I also informed her of the 2 requirements the Planning Board/NCDOT have which I've mentioned here. She was not aware and so she brought it up at the Sales Meeting on Tuesday. She said her Sales Manager knew about it and there are "discussions" that are happening. She said she would get back to me next week on the outcome of those discussions. If I learn anything, I will post here. I find it interesting...she said none of the brokers were aware of the requirements.

Old 11-25-2023, 05:55 AM

Is funny... But what two questions?

Also, I've gotten updates often, from my builder, more than the CP sales associate. But have gotten a few from CP (sales) about progress. Not sure why you're not getting them, ie, in regards to progress along the South and then North sides of North Ridge.

Keep us in the loop on what ya hear!

All the Best

Old 11-26-2023, 11:40 AM

I had not received any information at all on North Ridge from the CP salesperson or the builder until 2 weeks ago when the builder sent a video with a timeline. I sprung into action and called some people I met during the March sales event and a few here on City Data and learned they have plans already which I did not realize would happen before the sale of the land. I've bought new construction the last 4 times but it was a very different process and they were co-ops and condos.

I now have a meeting with the builder on Wednesday. I assume after my conversation with my salesperson last week that I will be kept in the loop from now on.

Old 11-26-2023, 02:12 PM

That's not good... Sorry to hear that. I've gotten occasional updates from CP but definitely more information from the builder. Glad to hear they'll now keep you in the loop!

In a different direction... Found an interesting article regarding the river and PFAS. In all probability, will install a RO system because I'm not entirely confident or trust the powers that be, to deliver safe drinking water

https://www.wect.com/2023/11/24/un-a...l-protections/

Old 11-26-2023, 07:45 PM

I've always had an RO system in every place I've purchased since I was in my early 20s, when I lived in NYC where they have the best water. It's just something I do. I became comfortable with it. So even if they "fixed" whatever they were supposed to fix in NC, I would never go without my RO system. I highly recommend it. I like my system a lot.

The question for me is is whether it should be whole house or not. I have always purchased the RO for my sink (separate faucet) and connected it to the frig/freezer for the water and ice cubes...and that's it. I've never considered a whole house RO. Not sure what I will do in NC yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina