Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 09:41 AM

41 posts, read 22,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncboundfromnj View Post
Anyone have an update if property at north ridge are being purchased yet? Still in the dark on when I can start the purchase process.
North Ridge Phase I has not opened yet. Due to some infrastructure that still needs to be completed and inspected. I get my information from the Planning Board since I never hear directly from CP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 05:10 PM

59 posts, read 49,952 times
@ncboundfromnj

Do you mean "closings" on NR properties? Or the deposit, promise to buy? Because there are still properties available in this section. Last update is things are delayed again, but the South end is just waiting for return in paperwork from the County. North end is finishing the last pond, the water and sewer are tied in, storm drains are in, and curb and gutter in the next 2 weeks or so... Supposedly all is a go over the next 45-60 days!

That's good, hopefully whatever seems to be holding things up gets out of the way!

I've just inked a lease on an apartment to hold us over while the place gets built, I hope the 12 month lease is all I'll need and honestly expect to eat the last two months when we occupy our new home! Very exciting times!

Old 01-26-2024, 10:33 AM

41 posts, read 22,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncboundfromnj View Post
Anyone have an update if property at north ridge are being purchased yet? Still in the dark on when I can start the purchase process.

Also meant to let you know as well that there are 20 properties still available in North Ridge without a deposit. Steve gave me the number of lots and the numbers when I saw him at the Ideal Living show recently. There may be less now since I spoke with him at the start of the show. I was surprised there were so many left since there were about 12 left towards the end of last year. He said that a few people backed out since they didn't want to wait anymore, which is understandable. When I put my deposit on the land in March 2023, I was told the closing would be August 2023.

Old 01-28-2024, 06:52 AM

15 posts, read 6,931 times
Yes, yes what I meant was closing of the properties. We were at the home show in Parsippany New Jersey and was told that they were 12 to 20 lots still available. Those lots were not the nicest lots. I can understand why some people were pulling out of the purchasing because of the time delay. So happy that we have some people on this site that are in our situation. As of now, we also are still possibly looking for other properties that might fit or needs. CP seems to check all of boxes on what we want at this time.

Old 01-28-2024, 09:23 AM

In addition to those lots maybe available in the new section, other lots seem to pop up here and there. It may be worth making sure a CP rep is aware of what you're looking for. One advantage to an existing lot is not having to wait for the county sign-off and construction to begin, in addition to not having construction around you for years forward. We had seen one lot show up on the radar that was very nice, and as such, went very quickly. An opportunity missed as it was a huge lot compared to what's not available.

Bottom line is if you're interested, being aggressive will help. Stay engaged and stay informed.

Good Luck

Old 02-05-2024, 04:35 PM

2 posts, read 895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briannatyler View Post
Totally agree on getting a lawyer. I would never get sign any legal document without having a lawyer review it.

Ncboundfromnj - it was great speaking with you this past Friday to compare notes. Excited to be future neighbors!
@briannatyler - we are coming down from Long Island, NY and agree with you about having an attorney review the closing documents. Could you provide us a recommendation?

Old 02-07-2024, 05:29 AM

Got an update from CP, basically that lots 43-62 are a week or so away from being able to close on. North section now being noted as March closings... So they're moving along, good news all-in-all.

Curious as to what Lot #'s are still available? Mind posting here? I know it updates with sales, but curious

Old 02-12-2024, 06:30 AM

2 posts, read 895 times
As of 2/9/2024, the following are still open:

3, 4, 5, 12, 26-29, 58, 63-64, 67-68, 78-79, 81-82 and 86.

I also heard that (loosely), they are targeting the end of March for completions for the North section with closings expected in the few weeks following that. Let's see if that happens.

I hope this is helpful.

Old 02-12-2024, 09:40 AM

All those lots have been stagnant... We know price entry point has been high. There are other developments in the area opened new lots are at the same level ($) so I would only imagine that inventory is driving market pricing. Especially in certain developments. But those lots are the smallest of the bunch. Anyways...

So who here is looking to begin construction in 2024? Just curious... If necessary send a message if you want to maintain privacy

All the best!

Old 02-12-2024, 06:56 PM

15 posts, read 6,931 times
Default Hagood homes

Does anyone have anything to say on this message board about the builder Haygood homes. How are they looked at in the community since they built many of the homes in timber, Ridge. Any feedback will be helpful. The waiting for the properties to be released to the public is a pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina