Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2006, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,118 times

Advertisements

my husband and I recently moved to N.C. from R.I. and want to be near the coast, looking in the $200,000 range for a small home to retire to.We are also interested in homes that are part of a close community, consider ourselves to be openminded,interested in the arts and community service. We are familiar with New Bern, but were wondering if there were other communities we should investigate--any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2006, 10:16 AM

94 posts, read 345,260 times
I suggest looking into Beaufort and Morehead City. Bayboro is nice too.. but rather remote.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

fern

Old 12-20-2006, 11:28 AM

505 posts, read 2,543,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn B. View Post
my husband and I recently moved to N.C. from R.I. and want to be near the coast, looking in the $200,000 range for a small home to retire to.We are also interested in homes that are part of a close community, consider ourselves to be openminded,interested in the arts and community service. We are familiar with New Bern, but were wondering if there were other communities we should investigate--any suggestions?
Bayboro is not the town to look in. It is not located on the water. In Pamlico Co. you should look in Oriental and Minnesott Beach.

However, there is supposed to be a major revitalization of Bayboro to take place in the future. A complete revamp and additions to downtown. This will be down the roads away. All the towns in Pamlico are very rural. They are along ways out from any kind of shopping, other than food. A nice laid back area in my opinion.

Old 12-20-2006, 01:18 PM

421 posts, read 348,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn B. View Post

Check into Emerald Isle.

Old 12-21-2006, 07:53 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,030,354 times
The average sold price for a home in Carteret County (Where Em.Isle is located) for the year is $255K. The average sold price for a home in Pamlico County (Where Bayboro is located) this year is $195K.
The average sold price of a residential property in Emerald Isle for the year is $594K.
Real estate-especially coastal real estate prices are local-VERY local. One of the main reasons why is that the coastal region (Both inner and outer) is not highly developed and in fact-Can be very isolated. I know that goes against the grain of popular thought.
Emerald Isle is one of the most expensive places along the NC Coast- taking a back seat to Wilmington-That's the most expensive place to live in in the state!!
But there are pristine waterfront areas of Carteret County that are some of the least expensive as well. This great disparity in price exist in all communities up and down the coast.
I own a real estate company that concentrates our efforts along the SOBX (Southern Outer Banks)and the IBX (Inner Banks).
Moderator cut: Removed
Bill

Last edited by xxman777; 01-06-2007 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina