Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,860,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningNorm View Post
Absolutely. Good developments for downtown! Anyone have any info on this project?
I know this much...the same property management company in Raleigh that manages First Street Place Apartments is listed as the property manager for Georgetowne.

Gallery | East Carolina University Off-Campus Student Apartments | First Street Place | First Street Place

If true, it may be this type of development. If so and it will sit on that hill, we may be talking about a significant building that rises to the sky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
A friend shared the following with me today, "There is a huge student housing (private) complex about to go up across the street from ECU. It’s directly across from the CRW and Campus Towers – the old Georgetown apts. I don’t know the company’s name, but it shouldn’t be difficult to find out; I’ll ask around."

Does anyone have any information on who is building this, the company name, etc.? Thanks!!!
Yeah, it is the project I've wrote about on here. The boundary is Reade Circle, Evans, 8th, Cotanche. I've heard rumblings of a mix-use part, along with upscale student housing.

I know the Ward family is doing something with it. But I haven't heard if THEY are doing it, or bringing in a student-housing company to do it.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:31 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,262,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
If so...that would be a major downtown project....that is sorely needed for that area. Seems the "college housing" community is figuring out that redevelopment of close by housing is where the market is now, rather than these bus and ride communities that became all too prevalent during the last decade.

Note that ECU has planned a College of Business Building on the block between Cotanche and Evans fronting 10th Street and the City will be streetscaping Evans very soon between 10th and Reade....would be a perfect time to redevelop the block between Cotanche and Evans fronting Reade Circle....maybe some mixed use?
They always knew that. But it is a pain in the butt to buy up individual parcels of land, to get an area large enough for student housing.

Look at the recent past. The Province took over Kings Arms and Green Mill Apartments. First Street Place used one large parcel of land.

Outside of a group of people owning adjacent land (the proposed project parcels are owned by three groups) it is a long process to buy out each one. It is a heck of a lot easier to buy farmland from one person and build.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 AM

45 posts, read 75,192 times
Quote:
A friend shared the following with me today, "There is a huge student housing (private) complex about to go up across the street from ECU. It’s directly across from the CRW and Campus Towers – the old Georgetown apts. I don’t know the company’s name, but it shouldn’t be difficult to find out; I’ll ask around."

Does anyone have any information on who is building this, the company name, etc.? Thanks!!!
This really doesn't answer your question but definitely confirms something is being planned. Looking at the Greenville City Council agenda from yesterday there was a request to close that part of 7th Street that runs between the properties held by Income Investments LLC (Taff Office)& Ward Holdings LLC (Hams). Those two companies in combination with Georgetown Apts will combine their parcels to form one unit or at least that's my understanding of the situation. Feel free to read for yourself...

(http://www.greenvillenc.gov/uploaded...h_4_Agenda.pdf) Item #2

Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM

286 posts, read 653,483 times
If any of you are downtown today and can drive by, there is a huge banner on the Cotanche side of the building with the new development name and a website address. I can't recall what it is.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 AM

45 posts, read 75,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
If any of you are downtown today and can drive by, there is a huge banner on the Cotanche side of the building with the new development name and a website address. I can't recall what it is.
Just came thru and there is a banner but its for the new Heritage complex at Arlington & 5th. It was for sure that one because part of the banner reads "a 2 minute walk to the medical campus."

Old 03-05-2013, 12:27 PM

286 posts, read 653,483 times
Well darn. I've never paid much attention to the banner other than noticing its presence.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:01 PM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
Is Dave & Busters coming to Greenville? Saw this on Monster.com:

Quote:
Job Title: Greenville Dave & Buster's is hiring Restaurant Managers

Company: DAVE AND BUSTER'S

Employee

Job Category: Food Services/Hospitality

I imagine this is a typo & they meant Greenville, SC. I'll be shocked since the only place i know of one is Charlotte...but they'd do hella good here in my opinion as there is zero competition for something like that & a college full of kids to fuel it.

http://www.daveandbusters.com/locations/default.aspx

Last edited by jpirate; 03-05-2013 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: tr

Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 PM

893 posts, read 1,344,049 times
after further review I'm pretty certain this was meant for Greenville, SC^ Oh well...wishful thinking.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 PM

36 posts, read 63,403 times
The Dave and Busters is a typo...on their site they have jobs posted for G'ville SC...not here unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina