Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2017, 03:14 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy8006 View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Home Goods going where Lowes Food used to be? I have never heard this but my friend just saw a Home Goods truck parked behind the building. Thought that was interesting. I know there have been a ton of rumors about that space and really wonder what will go in its place. Seems really large for a Home Goods.
Haven't heard anything, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to split up the former Lowe's into 2 or 3 units. Home Goods would make a nice anchor in that shopping center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2017, 07:36 AM

112 posts, read 136,339 times
I was really hoping the rumors of Guitar Center going in the old Lowes Foods were true.

Old 02-11-2017, 08:38 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
Home Goods would be awesome !

Old 02-11-2017, 10:13 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michealbond View Post
Love this quote:

Mary Snow Hill, President of the Shamrock HOA,
says the homeowners association has spent nearly $10,000 on the berm along the Shamrock subdivision
$10,000 is nothing. I spent almost that much just removing trees at my previous house.

Old 02-11-2017, 10:20 AM

2,309 posts, read 6,103,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty Drummer View Post
I was really hoping the rumors of Guitar Center going in the old Lowes Foods were true.
First I've heard of this. Tell me more...

Old 02-12-2017, 06:29 AM

112 posts, read 136,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Martin View Post
First I've heard of this. Tell me more...
I wish I had more I could tell you, but unfortunately that is it. It was when the building was first vacated and someone on this forum said that guitar center was interested in the property.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:32 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,552,876 times
City launches a new website:

City launches economic development website - Daily Reflector

Quote:
The city's Office of Economic Development has launched a website — Growgreenvillenc.com — to help Greenville continue the economic growth it has experienced in the past few years, the city’s economic development manager said.
"This website will appeal to site selectors and investors," Greenville Economic Development Manager Roger Johnson said. “This is part of the city’s new economic development strategy.”

Greenville’s 2020 Strategic Economic Development Plan, developed to promote investment in the city, includes strategies to recruit new businesses to the area, promote entrepreneurship and attract new private capital investment.
The new site is separate from the city’s website, greenvillenc.gov, and includes a design that will employ search engine optimization, Johnson said.

“Before, the Office of Economic Development site was a subpage on the city’s website,” Johnson said about the website that launched last week. “This helps to get us out there, and the search engine optimization helps keep this site near the top of the page when someone does a search for economic development in Greenville.”

Johnson said the website is designed to be responsive, meaning it is formatted to be viewed on a mobile device as well as on a computer monitor.

“It’s an adaptive site, which makes it more user-friendly,” Johnson said. “Data shows that about 47 percent of the time, people use a mobile device to look at a website or email, and this site is designed to allow that.”

The website provides information about the city's demographics, quality of life, major employers, grants and incentives for businesses, and links to local economic development partners, Greenville’s economic development liaison, Christian Lockamy, said.

“When businesses or site selectors wanted this type of information they would have to contact our office,” Lockamy said. “Now that information is much easier to for them to access. It also provides links to our economic development partners and helps get them more exposure as well.”

Lockamy said the website also contains a searchable database that promotes buildings and sites that are available for prospective businesses that are looking for locations with specific square footage or zoning requirements. This will help the city to attract four target industries to the area — high value office/headquarters, artisanal manufacturing, healthcare information technology and digital media/software/simulation.

“These are the industries we are looking for in Greenville,” Lockamy said. “This helps us by letting these businesses or industries know that Greenville is the right match for their companies.”

The site also provides a link to the Office of Economic Development's new virtual building, a 30,000-square-foot design that could be expanded up to 90,000 square feet and be ready for a business within 10 months. The city has two prospective sites for the virtual building.

“These sites already are properly zoned for the types of businesses we are trying to attract,” Lockamy said. “Once we have a site, it will be shovel-ready, and a business can have its building constructed in less than a year. This is a program we are really excited about.”

Johnson said that the city recently sent out more than 900 emails to high-level corporate executives and corporate site selectors to let them know about the new website.

“We are getting the word out about our new site and we have got a lot of positive feedback about it so far,” Johnson said. “And we will continue to add new features to the website and will make sure it stays at the top of a Google search when people are looking for information about what is going on in our city.”

Old 02-15-2017, 06:48 AM

893 posts, read 1,343,310 times
That is a well done website!

Old 02-15-2017, 08:26 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirate View Post
That is a well done website!
Agreed. It looks great!

Old 02-16-2017, 12:16 AM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackmjjd View Post
Noticed two signs up on corner of Arlington/Dickinson Ave today showing Contract Pending.
Drove by there tonight. There is construction vehicles out there now, and they appear to be in use on that site.

There is also some kind of development happening on the southwest corner of Frog Level and Davenport. Only about 60% of the open land on this corner is fenced off, seems rather small for a housing development. Is commercial/retail permitted in that area? The only non-housing out there are schools and churches. I doubt it's for one house. A church maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina