Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2010, 04:48 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,683,244 times

Advertisements

Also, I kind of think Michigan State is getting hosed this year, if they finish in a 3 way tie.

They beat Wisconsin head to head and should be ranked above them in the Big 10 standings. They haven't played Ohio State so that's a wash, but Wisconsin did so they should be above Ohio State.

Instead, Michigan State is getting left out because of their Iowa loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 04:51 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
Do you have enough plutonium to get the DeLorean back from 2009?

That s**t was funny!

Old 11-20-2010, 05:29 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,708,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Did anyone see the game between WAC team Nevada vs Pac-10 team Cal?

The same Cal that should have beat Oregon if their kicker would have made a chip shot. Either Cal blows, or Nevada is pretty damn good. They are ranked 18 after all.
The Stanford game today is further proof that you can't compare two teams based off of how they performed against a common opponet. Everyone shows up and matches up differently for each game.

LSU with another heart attack win...they remind me of Iowa last year. Kind of an uninteresting day all around in college football as far as big match-ups go. Next week should be pretty damn good, though.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan88 View Post
Oh stop. Fans bring up the past ALL of the time, especially with regard to Boise State. And we're talking last year and two, not two decades ago.

The Boise State team that played Oregon last year is almost to a man the same team, sans Kyle Wilson and Richie Brockel. The guys are a year older, more experienced, and better. It's not a stretch to say Boise is a better team than Oregon, based both on last year and this year.

That said, I do think Oregon has proved themselves this year to be the #1 team in the nation thus far. I don't think their O is as impressive as made out to be, but I think their D is better than thought too. Their SOS sucks, but is still better than BSU and TCU, so here we are.

I just hope we get to play you in the NC.
I have no problem with BSU playing for the NC game this year if Auburn loses, which I think they will. I don't think this year's Oregon team is anywhere near the same team BSU played the last two seasons. Yes, many of the players are the same but the system is now in place at Oregon and they seem to be running it to near perfection (most of the time) and there's been basically two full seasons played since they've last met...a lot changes in that time. With that said, I don't think BSU makes the NC game but I hope they at leat get to play a real opponet in the BCS rather than the Big East champ or some garbage at-large team.

Just wish that you were in the Mtn. West this year so we could settle the ambiguity with TCU.

Last edited by truckingbronco; 11-20-2010 at 05:45 PM..

Old 11-20-2010, 05:52 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,128,325 times
Right now i would rank the ACC as the number 3 conference. Yes, no clear winner or clear loser. They battle week in and week out.

Good not great passing or running games but for me thats what its about. OK offense with the one play defense to win it.

Who with me??

Old 11-20-2010, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Right now i would rank the ACC as the number 3 conference. Yes, no clear winner or clear loser. They battle week in and week out.

Good not great passing or running games but for me thats what its about. OK offense with the one play defense to win it.

Who with me??
I'd put the SEC, Pac 10, Big X, and Big XII all above the ACC. Although the ACC is miles ahead of the Big East this year.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:46 PM

977 posts, read 1,957,258 times
How about that screw job against Nebraska tonight? Worst officiating I have seen since last year's Cotton Bowl. I hope the Big 12 investigates that crew.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:58 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,128,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
I'd put the SEC, Pac 10, Big X, and Big XII all above the ACC. Although the ACC is miles ahead of the Big East this year.
Big 10 and yes SEC would be my 1 and 2. But I enjoy teams battling week in and week out. But ur opinion is noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
How about that screw job against Nebraska tonight? Worst officiating I have seen since last year's Cotton Bowl. I hope the Big 12 investigates that crew.
Yeah some of the calls where ????? hmmm thinkers. But Nebraska didnt seem to have any consistancy on offense. Well they still can make the champ game. However I now believe OSU is gonna win the conference.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:03 PM

977 posts, read 1,957,258 times
Difficult to have any consistency when every decent offensive play was called back for some nonsense. That "roughing the passer" call, which was directly responsible for the gamewinning field goal, is possibly the worst call I have ever seen.

My conference power rankings:
Big 10
SEC
PAC 10
Big 12
MWC
ACC
WAC
CUSA
Big East
MAC
Sun Belt

Old 11-20-2010, 11:40 PM

4,081 posts, read 5,610,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Not so much.

Maybe the game itself, but to GET to the game is left up to voters and computers. And I don't care how much you may support the system. It's still stupid and corrupt.
Holy crap bro. If I hated College football as much as you did, I surely wouldn't watch it.

None of this (BCS) is new.

fwiw, I don't "support" any system. I watch every OU game, that is all. I wake up looking forward to it. It makes my day. I get pumped, excited, and smiley all at once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football