Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 06:08 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,872,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Clemson beat LSU. Bigger bowl win than any Big12 team.
Ga tech beat USC.
Va tech beat Rutgers.
FSU won their BCS bowl.

Now let's look at the Big12
OU got violated in the cotton bowl.
ISU lost to Tulsa.
WVU got beat down by Syracuse.
TCU lost to Michigan State.
KState got blown out by Oregon in their BCS game.

The Big12 was downright pathetic last bowl season. I cannot say the same for the ACC.
Yes like I said only Clemson beat a good team and they all had cupcake schedules the whole conference. Even with cupcake schedules only half the teams were bowl eligible which is pathetic. Every ACC bowl game was pathetic except Clemson, who only a year before suffered the worst defeat in bcs history. Last year was not the big 12s best year I'll give you that but it isn't fair to compare them to the ACC yet. They would have to suck for 10 years for that to happen and have only a few teams who are bowl eligible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 01:30 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,500,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
No one fan was worried we were getting as bad as the ACC. Perhaps that is true but one year of being bad doesn't make a conference ACC bad who has a worst record than even the big east. No a conference must suck year after year for many years to be ACC bad.

No doubt last year was one of the worst years in WVU history , however it still did better than half of the ACC. That just puts into perspective how bad the ACC is. The same WVU team last year that also did terrible was good enough to beat Clemson, who had the worst perfermance in BCS history. Same couch and players. Just goes to show how truly pathetic the ACC is as a conference.

Face it you are a bottom feeder conference. If you don't like this reputation start playing good football. One year isn't enough to erase a decade of failure.
That is true.

But the Big XII is losing credibility fast.....with Texas down it really hurts our conference. Also, the fact that we're the only major conference without a conference championship game really lowers our perception in the national media's eyes (the guys with the most power).

Old 10-02-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
That is true.

But the Big XII is losing credibility fast.....with Texas down it really hurts our conference. Also, the fact that we're the only major conference without a conference championship game really lowers our perception in the national media's eyes (the guys with the most power).
Big 12 is still nowhere near account bad.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:56 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,450,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Yes like I said only Clemson beat a good team and they all had cupcake schedules the whole conference. Even with cupcake schedules only half the teams were bowl eligible which is pathetic. Every ACC bowl game was pathetic except Clemson, who only a year before suffered the worst defeat in bcs history. Last year was not the big 12s best year I'll give you that but it isn't fair to compare them to the ACC yet. They would have to suck for 10 years for that to happen and have only a few teams who are bowl eligible.
In case you weren't aware UNC and Miami would have been bowl eligible but they both self imposed bans to bowls because of their ongoing NCAA investigations. That would push ACC up to 8. Though again... it isn't about who makes it as it matters who WINS their games.

Quote:
No one fan was worried we were getting as bad as the ACC. Perhaps that is true but one year of being bad doesn't make a conference ACC bad who has a worst record than even the big east. No a conference must suck year after year for many years to be ACC bad.
Big 12 is worst than the American Atlantic. Yes I said it. If I was Oklahoma and Texas, I would jump off the sinking ship.

Quote:
No doubt last year was one of the worst years in WVU history , however it still did better than half of the ACC. That just puts into perspective how bad the ACC is. The same WVU team last year that also did terrible was good enough to beat Clemson, who had the worst perfermance in BCS history. Same couch and players. Just goes to show how truly pathetic the ACC is as a conference.
West Virginia would have been hammered by Clemson last year. Too bad they didn't play, BCS game was in 2011 season. Last year you guys got beat bad by Syracuse (ACC now). This year they were good enough to lay an egg against Maryland (ACC) this season. Must be sad to know your team can't beat teams from the conference you continue to homer on. Geno Smith left and there went the offense. Defense didn't exist last year too. West Virginia is pure garbage and doesn't look like it is going anywhere soon. Glad our leftover at least helped you get a score finally.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
In case you weren't aware UNC and Miami would have been bowl eligible but they both self imposed bans to bowls because of their ongoing NCAA investigations. That would push ACC up to 8. Though again... it isn't about who makes it as it matters who WINS their games.

Big 12 is worst than the American Atlantic. Yes I said it. If I was Oklahoma and Texas, I would jump off the sinking ship.

West Virginia would have been hammered by Clemson last year. Too bad they didn't play, BCS game was in 2011 season. Last year you guys got beat bad by Syracuse (ACC now). This year they were good enough to lay an egg against Maryland (ACC) this season. Must be sad to know your team can't beat teams from the conference you continue to homer on. Geno Smith left and there went the offense. Defense didn't exist last year too. West Virginia is pure garbage and doesn't look like it is going anywhere soon. Glad our leftover at least helped you get a score finally.
Lol, talk is cheap. Fact is 50% of your conference wasnt even bowl eligible. WVU sucked last year still did better than most of your conference. ACC is pure garbage and doesn't look like it is going anywhere soon, ACC sucks so much a team as bad as WVU would be one of the best in your pathetic conference. Must be sad to get no respect and be a joke of a conference.

ACC sucks and everyone knows it. Ragging on WVU wont get the ACC or your FSU any more credibility. I realize you have nothing to boost for them so that is all you have, but it just proves my point. You are a shrimp who wants to be seen as a shark, but everyone sees you as a shrimp. Deal with it.

Stop being such an ACC homer.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:18 AM

18,209 posts, read 25,843,605 times
I'll re-open this thing but I see a bunch of posts that need to go that I'll get to later. This is a discussion about the Big XII Conference, can we make it a civil one? And from what I've read here I don't believe the status of the Atlantic Coast Conference teams have a lot to do with this thread.

Thread re-opened.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 10-03-2013 at 08:12 AM..

Old 10-03-2013, 01:31 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,500,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
I'll re-open this thing but I see a bunch of posts that need to go that I'll get to later. This is a discussion about the Big XII Conference, can we make it a civil one? And from what I've read here I don't believe the status of the Atlantic Coast Conference teams have a lot to do with this thread.

Thread re-opened.
Thank you, Double H. Agreed 110%

Old 10-03-2013, 09:05 PM

811 posts, read 809,856 times
Texas wins
Good job I thought only SEC officials were experts at handing out tainted Ws

I hope Oklahoma hangs 250 on the steers

Old 10-03-2013, 09:15 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,389 times
Lol, at piggy fan thinking Texas fans actually wanted this win.

I was hoping Iowa State would win.

Wouldn't be surprised if Stoops keeps it close next week just to make sure Mack says. What a dumpster fire!

Old 10-03-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Lol, at piggy fan thinking Texas fans actually wanted this win.

I was hoping Iowa State would win.

Wouldn't be surprised if Stoops keeps it close next week just to make sure Mack says. What a dumpster fire!
Why wouldnt you want a win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football