Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 08:59 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,531,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf_Rocks View Post
Did anyone catch the Cap One Bowl??? Man that field was terrible...bush league stuff. I loved the shots of the "turf guys" scurrying onto the field to put a huge chunk back in place and stamp on it...yeah that really helped!

Disgraceful.
That was the worst field as far as playing conditions are concerned. Why did they have so many high school games played there when the "promoters" knew there were two Bowl games afterward; did the high schools need that big a stadium? I don't know, but that field sucked.

Yeah PENN STATE,finally some respect and hats off to LSU on a great game......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 09:00 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,024,137 times
I like Cincy, but yea the ranking is unfounded. Top 25 sure, but lower half of that.

Man, I really feel for the people in Cincy. I mean this was over before it started, the beatdown from Florida is inhumane.

That being sad, you cannot say Cincy is bad, far from it. They are a solid team worthy of respect.

Northwestern couldn't put it away against Auburn when it should have, embarrasing given the great things Fitzgerald has done for the program.

Nice job Penn State beating LSU and Ohio State against Oregon. All four teams should look to improve in the coming years. Real props to Oregon despite loosing the bowl made it there under Coach Kelly's first year. Good things in store for the Oregon program.

And how about them Seminoles?

Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Notice what happens when you schedule those walk-thru teams at the beginning of each year? Nebraska is blindsided by conference play and drops a quick 3 games.

I don't think playing push-overs at the beggining of the season helps anyone. If your going to lose any games, do it and do it quick.
Everyone really knows this, but you are not gonna get rid of it unless we have a playoff system. It is laugable that teams regardless of talent try to pad their schedule with cupcakes.

It only further clouds your claim to being number whatever in the nation.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:04 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,539,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1coolcustomer View Post
Bad day for the SEC haters, except for LSU
Including the anticipated Florida result, the SEC is 3-3 in bowl games thus far. Hardly dominating.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:29 PM

223 posts, read 577,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
That was the worst field as far as playing conditions are concerned. Why did they have so many high school games played there when the "promoters" knew there were two Bowl games afterward; did the high schools need that big a stadium? I don't know, but that field sucked.

Yeah PENN STATE,finally some respect and hats off to LSU on a great game......
Seriously, it looked like any family's backyard after Thanksgiving!

Even my wife, who is so disinterested said "what the heck is wrong with that field."

Glad that PSU pulled it off...Go Nitts...it was a fun game to watch.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Including the anticipated Florida result, the SEC is 3-3 in bowl games thus far. Hardly dominating.
Really there only a couple of SEC games that I think mattered. Florida, LSU, Tennesee, Georgia and upcoming Alabama.

Florida as expecting is slaugtering UC. LSU is still good but that clock management issue is gonna haunt Les Miles. Tennessee is one of the best unranked teams but still evidently need work. Georgia took care of buisness though.

Alabama will be key, I favor them but it is Texas you know.

I'll be a monkeys uncle if Ole Miss, Kentucky or Carolina games say butkis about the conference this year though. All range from average to painfully mediocre.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:30 PM

Kudos to Cincy.........for becoming a decent program. I think even level headed Bearcat fans knew that they were not number 3 in the country. Florida was and most likely will be again after the BCS Nat Champ game in the polls. Cincy should focus on beating Ohio State first.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:19 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,952,271 times
Tebow will be a second string running back in the NFL. He might be good enough to make first string if he works at it. Perhaps he will have a better chance if he cries enough, lol.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:30 AM

749 posts, read 2,439,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
OK, but let's look at the 3 losses:

1)Clemson (6-2 in ACC)- Kentucky (3-5 SEC)
2) Virginia Tech (6-2 ACC)- Tennessee (4-4 SEC)
3) Penn St. (6-2 Big 10)- LSU (5-3) SEC

Put a 6-2 SEC team up against the 6-2's of the other conferences and then see what you get.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:01 AM

With certain exceptions, Nobody knows butkis until teams square off.

As for the Big East, well what can you do. If you do not win a national title or even get close to it, no one will give the teams any time.

Let alone the fact that only certain teams can reasonably and realistically be in the running for such a title every year. Nor the fact that even the football factories needed time to buildup to such success.

Florida was a given, one of the best classes the school ever had. Cincy was overrated there is no getting around that. If they had Brian Kelley with them, they MAY have at least made it a game.

Could any school make a run? Pitt did it before (in it's indie days) L'Ville went as high as six (Charlie Strong should do wonders for the program).

Only problem I have is with people saying that Cincy, Pitt and WVU are BAD teams. Hardly so. Cincy just went up against PHENOMENAL competition, if Butch Jones continues to recruit well and maintains the love of the City, Cincy will come back.

Even with parity though, it unfortunetly won't be like the NFL where any team has a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football