Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 08:37 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,741,218 times

Advertisements

ii dont think collge is worth the money you pay. all i can say is good luck spnding the rest of your life paying off a $80,000 student loan

people like me cant afford to go to tcollege anyway and historically college was reserved for mostly tge rich people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 08:45 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,530,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
ii dont think collge is worth the money you pay. all i can say is good luck spnding the rest of your life paying off a $80,000 student loan

people like me cant afford to go to tcollege anyway and historically college was reserved for mostly tge rich people
The average is around 20k so the 80k comment makes little sense.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
you obv havent seen "art instute" tuition cost have you

Old 12-23-2011, 09:08 PM

9,015 posts, read 13,859,350 times
You have to pick a worthwhile major.
Look at the classifieds.

What jobs seem to be advertised the most?
One that's experiencing a shortage?

(Please don't say nursing,we have too many nurses and not enough jobs)

Old 12-23-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatornation View Post
There are Pell grants,scholarships,even community colleges.
There are also trade schools.

Not attending some sort of post secondary school is asking for poverty.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:12 PM

i am not going to sit in a dumb classroom & study something stupid that i dont even like or car about. with a bunch of stuck up rich people

most manager positiions dont care about college degree and a lot of people mae more than ppl who waste time in college

Old 12-23-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
i am not going to sit in a dumb classroom & study something stupid that i dont even like or car about. with a bunch of stuck up rich people

most manager positiions dont care about college degree and a lot of people mae more than ppl who waste time in college
Guess what?
When you apply to a low wage job,you will be competing with a lot of other people with no skills,esp illegal immigrants.
Unskilled labor outnumbers skilled labor.

More than likely an illegal alien will get the job before you,because they work for lower wages.

Or

Someone who actually is a college grad will get the job before you.

Either way you are SOL.

In my area you need a Bachelors to work at the group home,work at Enterprise Rent a Car,become a supervisor at UPS, drive the Fed Ex truck,become a corrections officer,beome a shift manager at any retail store making 13.00 an hour.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Guess what?
When you apply to a low wage job,you will be competing with a lot of other people with no skills,esp illegal immigrants.
Unskilled labor outnumbers skilled labor.

More than likely an illegal alien will get the job before you,because they work for lower wages.

Or

Someone who actually is a college grad will get the job before you.

Either way you are SOL.

In my area you need a Bachelors to work at the group home,work at Enterprise Rent a Car,become a supervisor at UPS, drive the Fed Ex truck,become a corrections officer,beome a shift manager at any retail store making 13.00 an hour.
really? i am glad i live far far away from your area

there a lot of jobs people can do w/o going to expensive college

Old 12-23-2011, 10:04 PM

77 posts, read 199,976 times
Quote:
really? i am glad i live far far away from your area

there a lot of jobs people can do w/o going to expensive college
TreasuredJewel, meet school. School, meet TreasuredJewel.

TreasuredJewel, meet spellcheck. Spellcheck, meet TreasuredJewel.

If you're going to rip college grads, at least understand what a spellchecker is. Everytime you post, you are embarrassing yourself with your spelling errors and illogical reasoning.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:06 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,326,244 times
I just started college this past August and honestly, no I don't think college is worth it. It's a waste of time and money. I'm just being taught stuff I already know about. Why can't I just do whatever career it is I want already? Why do we have to spend thousands of dollars to be "taught" stuff we already know and then leave with thousands of dollars in debt to find out we still can't be hired? It makes little to no sense to me whatsoever.

I know how to use a computer, I can read, write, talk, and I have a high IQ score. I also have good work ethics. That should be good enough.

I'm tired of school, writing essays and spending money I don't want to spend.

College just delays and even prevents people from doing what they really want. I don't want to be in college. I already want to have a career, my own home, be married with a baby on the way. I feel ready for these adult milestones. But no... I have to spend another 4-6 years in school. I'm only in school to satisfy my family.

College is just an excuse to allow adults to extend their immature teenage years. People ARE be able to work and do things on their own by the time they're 18 if people let them. But society has babied them and made them incompetent of using their maximum potential.

College IS a rip-off. Why do you think they charge people outrageous prices? To gain profits of course. Plus most people drop of college anyway. So why put so much emphasis and concern on college when most people drop out?

Last edited by 90sman; 12-23-2011 at 10:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities