Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:31 PM

22 posts, read 148,304 times

Advertisements

Out of these majors: Accounting, International Business (by itself or with Chinese as a second major or minor), Dietetics, Nursing, Philosophy, or Real Estate, what would you guys choose? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 07:57 PM

987 posts, read 3,817,726 times
Hmmm.. good question. If you were me, what would you choose?

Old 10-28-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post
Hmmm.. good question. If you were me, what would you choose?
Actuarial Science?

Old 10-28-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureincumbent View Post
Actuarial Science?
Good idea. Applied Mathematics. Go for it!

Old 10-28-2007, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Good idea. Applied Mathematics. Go for it!
Are your posts trying to help the cause, or are they merely efforts to bring about an underlying message? I wasn't joking when I wrote this thread, I could use the additional feedback from various members.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:07 PM

The question is so out of the blue. What would you choose? The question really is what should you yourself choose. But suppose you got an answer from me saying I'd choose Philosophy. I even give you reasons. Then the question remains, what would you, futureincumbent, choose? Can the answer to your question be found by asking the same question of others? You are not me, and if you were able to enter my brain and become me, the question cannot be asked of me anymore, since we are the same.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:05 PM

673 posts, read 3,145,219 times
Well, I think the question is, what would you like to do for the rest of your life? Maybe not even the rest of your life but a good part of your life? School is an investment in your future, so you need to pick something that suits you. Personally I'd pick a medical field major because the options are so wide open everywhere, you can move anywhere because health care is everywhere. I'm going for IT but hope to get into the medical field because of the options.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:11 PM

Quote:
The question is so out of the blue. What would you choose? The question really is what should you yourself choose. But suppose you got an answer from me saying I'd choose Philosophy. I even give you reasons. Then the question remains, what would you, futureincumbent, choose? Can the answer to your question be found by asking the same question of others? You are not me, and if you were able to enter my brain and become me, the question cannot be asked of me anymore, since we are the same.
That's where I thought you were going with this. The ultimate question, here, is what should I choose. However, I am asking others, of my narrowed choices, what they would choose, to help but not solely determine, which major I will declare. I'm a man of feedback, I like receiving opinions and guidance from sources outside myself to help give me a more clear direction. I do not want to end up like the next guy who decided to major in English and is living on $30k income because he wanted to do it.

I was hoping for responses such as, "I'd go with Accounting because it guarantees a job upon graduation, and has long-term salary increases higher than plastic surgeons. Or, "I would pick Philosophy due to the fact that it will change the way you look at life, and also is very marketable because of the writing and speaking skills one would gain."

Old 10-29-2007, 01:42 AM

606 posts, read 698,741 times
none of the above...does this option count?
Chinese language is very difficult,don't try it unless you already know something about it or you are really good at learning foreign languages.

I think math will be the best major. With strong math background,you'll find it pretty easy to pick up business or finance.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:03 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,978,916 times
Accounting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities