Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2021, 10:36 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Everything I wrote is correct. I'm tired of you calling me a liar every time we disagree about something.

ETA - Outside specific articulation agreements as noted by Dingo Gibby - within every decent school's transfer protocol will be a committee or group that reviews classes taken per rigor. If the group doesn't like your class, well you have a problem.
I’m not calling you a liar, I’m saying I think your mistaken in my opinion, and asked for something to show what you based it on. I have never heard of a college that specifically states they won’t take community college transfer classes. That is hardly the same as calling you a liar. Let’s just agree to disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 10:40 AM

50,820 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Yes, EDS is correct. The key point isn't that a university won't accept CC credits. The question is whether those credits will apply toward a specific degree program. Esp when you are talking high end science and engineering programs. It's not like you take two years of Gen Eds in CC and then start your major in Junior year. In those programs you start your major day one of freshman year with weed out courses.

After you finish CC, you are still going to have to go back and take those weed out courses. That's why many schools that do have transfer agreement into engineering school have 2+3 program because it's going to take at least 5 to 5 1/2 years to complete the 4 year program.

And yes, in these fields, the better R1s and R2s do carry a greater career advantage than Local State Tech Community College.
I never denied that the classes must meet their criteria, my point was that it doesn’t matter if you took those classes at Rutgers or Camden county college the only thing that matters is whether the class meets their criteria. It makes no difference where you took a class that doesn’t or does fit their criteria. I have never seen a college that states that even if a class meets the requirements, they won’t accept it if it’s from a community college which is what that poster was stating.

And as I stated before, you do not have to guess all of this information is available. You can find out before you register for your classes at community college, whether that class will be accepted by the schools you want to transfer to. I was to able to do this part of the criteria of 3 different colleges 25 years ago, it is even easier to do it now that everything is online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities