Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 11:07 AM

356 posts, read 810,120 times

Advertisements

Just letting you know...

I checked my school's handbook.

A B- is a 2.67 and a B is a 3.0...so with a 2.91 I have like a B/B- average in that range. I can do better, but thats OK. It could be MUCH worse

Old 02-17-2009, 12:22 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,572,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesGiantsRangersNYK View Post
What? You think I'll do bad on the ACT/SAT?
Yes! First, you said you aren't doing well in English and math. Guess what? English and math are a major portion of the tests. Your performance on the tests will reflect your knowledge in these areas which by your own statement, you are struggling in them. Just wanting to, won't make you understand them any better.

Your statements on the time off reflect where your mindset currently stands. If you were serious about improving, you would have talked to your teachers, gotten extra credit work to improve your grades and then worked at it during your time off. Instead, you decided to relax and do nothing. What this shows us is that you're not willing to put in the effort needed to improve your grades.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:26 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,572,153 times
Quote:
Just letting you know...

A B- is a 2.67 and a B is a 3.0...so with a 2.91 I have like a B/B- average in that range. I can do better, but thats OK. It could be MUCH worse
Again, this is just an excuse for you not to work at it. "I have a 'B' grade, so I don't need to do that much," is probably what you're thinking. What it comes down to is that a 2.91 is still a 2.91 and no college is going to pay any attention to the fact you think you have a 'B' grade.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:54 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,936,244 times
Quote:
Just letting you know...

Whether your school considers it a B or a B- is a non issue.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:25 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,340,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampwolf View Post
You don't have to be bilingual in America, but those who are bilingual will have a distinct advantage over you if your're not.
Olla Senor!

Its an illusion. I can go anywhere in America or Canada or Mexico and be understood. I can go to Europe, Belgium, Amsterdam, Netherland, Hong Kong, and Russia and be understood. The aliens that flood our counntry, that refuse to learn English are not smart enough to understand THEY are the disadvantaged ones because their language is not global and not inderstood throughout the world as is English, nor is it taught from Kindergarten throughout the world as is Englisn. The only place where bilingual is an advantage is in a multinational business setting where fluency is a requirement - and I do not mean McDonald's or Jack In The Box. in El Paso.. .

My parents were bilingual. I worked for employers who were bilingual. I taught American grammer to an Israeli who is now a Hebrew to English translator of legal issues betweem companies in Israel and America.

I regularly correspond with Europeans who are multi-bilingual. I envy my fluent friends, but not enough to leaarn a language that is the equivilent of pigeon English. Oday ouyay etgay tiay?

Last edited by linicx; 02-17-2009 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-17-2009, 03:05 PM

13,255 posts, read 33,600,902 times
linicx and skipcromer - Start a new thread please if you want to talk about the importance of being bi-lingual. You can do it in the education forum.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:28 PM

45,600 posts, read 60,912,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
Whether your school considers it a B or a B- is a non issue.

Correct, most colleges would consider that a "C" or at most a "C+". Sorry, but true.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:52 PM

356 posts, read 810,120 times
My school looks at is as a B/B-...

thats what counts

Old 02-17-2009, 07:56 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,223,064 times
Ok, you have us convinced. Let us know when you are accepted at the university of your choice.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:09 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,936,244 times
Quote:
My school looks at is as a B/B-...

thats what counts
Ya, Universities really care what your high school considers to be an A or a B. They just look at the GPA and ACT.

You think your extracurriculars are going to save you. Im afraid you are going to be disappointed. Dont get me wrong, there are four year schools that will take you, but you are not going to have your pick of top schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities