Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 01:07 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,930,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesGiantsRangersNYK View Post
yeah yeah calm down i was pissed when I said that...when I get pissed I loose my mind (up in here, up in here).
lose...not loose.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:15 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,070,102 times
Quote:
Thats how my school SHOULD do it.

I'm always so confused to how I'm REALLY doing. I always THINK i'm doing well but then I find out I'm not doing as well as I had hoped.

If I knew how I was doing every day instead of only at progress reports and report cards I bet I could be doing a lot better.
So track your own grades, it's easy to do. DS does this with a spreadsheet he made, Assignment, date assigned, date due, date turned in, date returned, grade. He knows the status of each of his assignments and there are no surprises on progress reports or report cards.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:15 PM

356 posts, read 809,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
lose...not loose.
Big deal??

I misspelled a word on a message board while I was high. Is that REALLY a big deal?

PS: Totally kidding. I wasnt high. Gotcha!

Old 02-19-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Big deal??

I misspelled a word on a message board while I was high. Is that REALLY a big deal?

That wasn't a misspelling, that was a misuse of a word.

But no, its not a big deal. To be honest, I was just hoping you knew the difference.

Im curious, you say you are a gifted writer, correct? Any chance you can share a sample with us?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:50 PM

272 posts, read 730,823 times
Do you think you could get your parents to post on here?

That would have to be interesting, and informative.

Old 02-19-2009, 04:05 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,258,266 times
Quote:
I will try and talk to her on Monday.

Like I said, she was out for about 2 1/2 months and the substitute kind of went of course. Then after she came back she went out for another 3 weeks or so. It was a confusing class. I didnt really learn anything about Journalism i didnt really already know.
When I was in high school, taking French II, the teacher was out for a month during the semester. We had the same sub the entire time that the teach was out. When she came back she made the assumption that the sub did a terrible job and raised everyone's grade by a whole letter. I still don't understand how or why she made that conclusion and we all (the students) thought that the sub did a good job and was pretty cool, but none of us dared let the teacher know that.

Old 02-19-2009, 05:30 PM

356 posts, read 809,481 times
Yeah the teacher was kind of the same.

She assumed the sub did a bad job

Old 02-19-2009, 05:43 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,556,700 times
Quote:
Big deal??

For one who claims to be gifted in English, you would think he would make efforts to place his best foot froward or at least spell correctly and use correct grammar.

Yes, it's just a forum. It's not important and we're all strangers. When I leave posts, I try to use correct English and spelling. I don't always succeed, but I do my best. One reason I do it is to not develop bad habits. The more you let mistakes go, the more you'll find them in your everyday work that does matter.

To date, you haven't shown the potential you say you have in you. If anything, you've shown that the motivation is just not there.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:02 PM

573 posts, read 1,691,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
For one who claims to be gifted in English, you would think he would make efforts to place his best foot froward or at least spell correctly and use correct grammar.

Yes, it's just a forum. It's not important and we're all strangers. When I leave posts, I try to use correct English and spelling. I don't always succeed, but I do my best. One reason I do it is to not develop bad habits. The more you let mistakes go, the more you'll find them in your everyday work that does matter.

To date, you haven't shown the potential you say you have in you. If anything, you've shown that the motivation is just not there.
Hey akck, I just want you to know, I ran the spell check and had an English Professor check out your post. You are gifted! I bestow upon you the Crown of Gifted Writer Person!! Rejoice! May you enjoy many years at prestigious Ivy Leagues!!! You can look forward to a future of awesomeness, kick butted fanfare, and certain groupie followings! I bow down to you!

I'll just sit here and wallow in self-pity over my crappy community college degree.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:49 PM

I really want the OP to show us a sample of his writing. Maybe something you wrote for the school paper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities