Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2009, 05:11 AM

13,255 posts, read 33,610,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
I really want the OP to show us a sample of his writing. Maybe something you wrote for the school paper?
If I were the OP, I would avoid that suggestion like the plague.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-20-2009, 07:23 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,937,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
If I were the OP, I would avoid that suggestion like the plague.
Fair enough.

Some of the smaller liberal arts schools I applied to asked to see a writing sample as part of my packet.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:30 AM

13,255 posts, read 33,610,253 times
I can see Yankee posting something that's he's written if he wanted an objective critique of his writing, but I don't see that happening here.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:52 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,574,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovebdj View Post
Hey akck, I just want you to know, I ran the spell check and had an English Professor check out your post. You are gifted! I bestow upon you the Crown of Gifted Writer Person!! Rejoice! May you enjoy many years at prestigious Ivy Leagues!!! You can look forward to a future of awesomeness, kick butted fanfare, and certain groupie followings! I bow down to you!

I'll just sit here and wallow in self-pity over my crappy community college degree.
Thanks ilovebjd. I'd say your writing is up there too.

I know you were being sarcastic, but there is nothing wrong with a community college degree. I have two sons who have gotten them. One just graduated with a fireman/paramedic degree from a community college that has to be one of the top programs in the nation (they had to meet standards above the norm).

From your prior posts, you have accomplishments that should make you proud. Putting yourself through school with no debt while maintaining a 4.0 is impressive. It is I who bows down to you!

Now, if the OP could get just half your attitude, he'd have no problem getting into a college.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:02 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,574,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
I can see Yankee posting something that's he's written if he wanted an objective critique of his writing, but I don't see that happening here.
I disagree. True, he's irked many here, of which some will focus on minor errors, but I think there are others who'll give an honest critique of his writing and helpful suggestions.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
I disagree. True, he's irked many here, of which some will focus on minor errors, but I think there are others who'll give an honest critique of his writing and helpful suggestions.
I agree. Im fascinated by this kid. Im very curious to see if he is actually a gifted writer.

I dont really have a high bar for writing. If I thought it was good I would be the first one to tell him so and congratulate him.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:21 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,305,218 times
Posts of the OP remind me of those posted by Casey Serin on his now infamous blog, IamFacingForeclosure.com

This guy is playing everybody...

Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 PM

356 posts, read 810,352 times
I'm not going to post my work. But its all legit. I edit/write for the school paper and I write for the local paper for baseball, football, and basketball. Its all legit.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeesGiantsRangersNYK View Post
I'm not going to post my work. But its all legit. I edit/write for the school paper and I write for the local paper for baseball, football, and basketball. Its all legit.

We dont doubt that. We were curious to see if you were in fact a 'gifted' writer. Guess we'll never know.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:42 AM

356 posts, read 810,352 times
I dont think I'm gifted.

Its what somebody said to me once. I think I'm good. Its something I like to do. I've had some good accomplishments while writing.

My editor may be gifted.

If I said I'm gifted its cause I say certain things when I'm angry. Most of which I dont mean.

Last edited by YankeesGiantsRangersNYK; 02-21-2009 at 11:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities