Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 AM

73 posts, read 187,123 times

Advertisements

I would recommend The Parc at Briargate until you can find a place. Great area and nice apartment complex to get around and feel like a home.

Old 01-26-2012, 04:49 PM

1,455 posts, read 1,860,003 times
We have yoga, we have stores that sell food, we have museums, we have polically-charged situations, we have shopping, we have restaurants, we have monuments, we have fundies, we have not-so-fundies, we have everything in between the fundies and the not-so-fundies, we have all that, and a bag of chips. Oh, and we mountains. big ones.

Old 01-26-2012, 06:09 PM

251 posts, read 572,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
We have yoga, we have stores that sell food, we have museums, we have polically-charged situations, we have shopping, we have restaurants, we have monuments, we have fundies, we have not-so-fundies, we have everything in between the fundies and the not-so-fundies, we have all that, and a bag of chips. Oh, and we mountains. big ones.

Miss Pikes Peak and the laid back hippie vibe of the tiny mountain town we used to live in. I pray often we are able to move back. Until then, using every opportunity I'm given where I'm at to grow.

Last edited by Trinitylove; 01-26-2012 at 06:30 PM..

Old 01-26-2012, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdensbcs View Post
I was going to respond to this, but after living in Colorado Springs for almost 10 years, its almost as if I can't bring myself to feel anything anymore, good or bad. Foods I used to enjoy now taste bland. The hundreds of miles of trails easily accessible from my house ... I just ignore all that. My kids' developmental accomplishments (learning to walk, talk, read, etc.) that may have interested me had I lived any other place ... yawn. Meeting new friends ... bleh. Only when I travel with my zombie-eyed spouse up to Denver does a tiny flicker of life rekindle in our parched, deadened souls. Only then do the sunsets over the mountains have any beauty. Back when I was capable of independent thought (before the megachurch implanted a repetitive loop of monotone anti-obama phrases into my brain) I believed Colorado Springs might, just might, be a more affordable, less congested alternative to Denver, where one could live in the foothills and commute to a downtown office in 10-12 minutes rather than the 45-60 such a commute would routinely take in Denver. DENVER! Glorious DENVER! A place I now realize, too late, was my only hope to avoid the fate of the other undead who surround me here in the Springs. Quickly, quickly now, before all is truly and forever lost, get me to a Trader Joe's or to a town with even a single piece of original art or for the love of all mercy at least give me one earbud tuned to NPR, but on the lowest possible volume so my unfeeling Springs-infected brain does not explode from the shock.
Yikes. This makes me sad, only because I can relate. I once had the same attitude about where I currently live. I don't love it, but I made up my mind to make the best of it and "bloom where I'm planted."
This sounds like an internally sourced issue you should probably deal with. It honestly doesn't sound like anywhere you GO will "fix" your attitude or mindset.
It sounds like a YOU issue. And YOU are going to be wherever YOU go.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:07 PM

Default Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitylove View Post
Yikes. This makes me sad, only because I can relate. I once had the same attitude about where I currently live. I don't love it, but I made up my mind to make the best of it and "bloom where I'm planted."
This sounds like an internally sourced issue you should probably deal with. It honestly doesn't sound like anywhere you GO will "fix" your attitude or mindset.
It sounds like a YOU issue. And YOU are going to be wherever YOU go.
Yeah .... well said - I had the same thoughts.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,853 times
I believe poster smdensbcs, merely crafted a very fine piece of sarcasm in response to a previous post that described people in Colorado Springs as "emotionally dead." If you look at his post in context of the other, it's genius!

Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 AM

Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
I believe poster smdensbcs, merely crafted a very fine piece of sarcasm in response to a previous post that described people in Colorado Springs as "emotionally dead." If you look at his post in context of the other, it's genius!
Well - maybe you're right, though I usually recognize sarcasm. I just reread it, and its hard to tell - it was a bit over the top. Perhaps they'll enlighten us.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
Well - maybe you're right, though I usually recognize sarcasm. I just reread it, and its hard to tell - it was a bit over the top. Perhaps they'll enlighten us.
agreed....my first reaction was that it was a sarcastic response, but it's it's really unclear to decipher if it was merely a sarcastic response or sarcastic AND indicative of sincere feelings.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:07 PM

812 posts, read 1,470,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terytee View Post
Indeed. I prefer to think of it as "satire" rather than "sarcasm," though it's possible I lack the mental firepower to properly grasp the distinction. I have, after all, lived in the Springs for almost ten years now and have likely become as emotionally-dead as everybody else around here.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:19 PM

Glad that's cleared up ... I was losing sleep over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs