Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 05:47 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times

Advertisements

people are just trolling now.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:16 PM

123 posts, read 524,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Oh my. I 100% know that you do not represent the people of Colorado at all.
I 100% know he does.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM

123 posts, read 524,938 times
Ok, Ok, lets run with this:

Q> What is the difference between a texas beauty and a hereford?
A> oh, about 10 lbs.

If God had wanted texans to ski....
1 - He would have given them a mountain.
2 - He would have made BS white.

Q> Why is New Mexico dry?
A> BECAUSE TEXAS SUCKS!!!

Texas: Where a man is a man...
but always seems to have to prove it again and again.

Texas: It's a great place to be from... away from.

A man walks into a restaurant and asks for a sheeps head.Certainly sir,how would you like it done.Texas style says the man,Texas style exclaims the waiter.Yep, take the brains out.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:11 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,970,319 times
I've visited San Antonio, San Marcos, andAustin. I've visited Estes Park, Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs, and Canon City. I have never lived in either state. Here's my take on the differences. Texas has a lot of regular sprawled cities. There is plenty to do in them, but most of them typify the American suburban sprawl mindset- driving everywhere, eating, getting fat. America's fattest cities seem to keep coming in with Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio near the top of the list. The clear exception is Austin and the Hill Country, which is more urban and eclectic and intensively focused on outdoors activities/recreation and music. Colorado is the polar opposite of Texas. Most of the state is focused on outdoor activities and recreation and a more urban feel. Boulder and Denver have pedestrian malls. Denver, the only big metro city in Colorado, has town centers springing up everywhere in its suburbs. In other words, its suburbs have within them an urban core. Colorado is always one of America's fittest states, if not THE fittest state.

So the whole philosophy and way of life in the two states is the polar opposite. The exception, again, is Austin and the Hill country, which is QUITE the same in mentality and philosophy as Colorado. And while people can easily understand why one would want to leave a suburban sprawl mentality for an outdoorsy recreational urban mentality, it's not as easy to understand making the opposite move. And unless you're talking about Austin, moving from Colorado to Texas is making the opposite move.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:00 PM

1,225 posts, read 4,922,788 times
Please, someone make this thread go away

Old 01-23-2009, 07:02 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
agreed

Old 01-23-2009, 07:11 PM

24 posts, read 137,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COflower View Post
DUDE, you are FINE. seriously, a thread like this pisses me off because it's WRONG. Please do a search and you will find that's it's not the Colorado natives like myself that have this unwarranted hatred, it's the buttheads that move here and want to close the doors behind them.

My best friends came from Texas. they lived across the street from me and I miss them sooooooo much. They moved back to TX and I have never missed a family so much in my life.

I can't wrap my brain around this and this is why it ticks me off. this thread is the suck. I hate it because it's not how real Coloradans are.
You have hit the nail on the head. In this age that we live in with migrants coming into certain states from all over the rest of the country, how can one say that people from Texas are a certain way, or people from Colorado are a certain way? There have been so many people come in from other states that it is no longer possible to determine this. I have lived in the Dallas area my entire life and I can tell you that there is a huge portion of the population from other states. Where I grew up out in the country, all the native Texans are gone, replaced by migrants from the northern states mostly. How can anyone get a feel for how a "Texan" is or how people from Colorado are when the population of those states have been almost replaced by migrants? When I was growing up, people would wave at each other as they passed each other on the Texas roadways. Not anymore, now you get the finger instead of a wave. A true native Texan is warm, friendly and will give a stranger his last dollar if in need. I am sure that native Colorado folks are the same way. I have been there a few times, and I never had any problems.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:21 PM

24 posts, read 137,198 times
PatriotFound, do you have an opinion on this topic? Dang, take a breath, have a cold drink and take a pill or something. It's only life man, don't take it so seriously, you'll live longer.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Our pastor, newly arrived from Texas, gave a sermon about discrimiation last Sunday, the day before Martin Luther King day. He specifically mentioned discrimination against Texans. Apparently it's still out there.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:03 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,685,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
I've visited San Antonio, San Marcos, andAustin. I've visited Estes Park, Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs, and Canon City. I have never lived in either state. Here's my take on the differences. Texas has a lot of regular sprawled cities. There is plenty to do in them, but most of them typify the American suburban sprawl mindset- driving everywhere, eating, getting fat. America's fattest cities seem to keep coming in with Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio near the top of the list. The clear exception is Austin and the Hill Country, which is more urban and eclectic and intensively focused on outdoors activities/recreation and music. Colorado is the polar opposite of Texas. Most of the state is focused on outdoor activities and recreation and a more urban feel. Boulder and Denver have pedestrian malls. Denver, the only big metro city in Colorado, has town centers springing up everywhere in its suburbs. In other words, its suburbs have within them an urban core. Colorado is always one of America's fittest states, if not THE fittest state.

So the whole philosophy and way of life in the two states is the polar opposite. The exception, again, is Austin and the Hill country, which is QUITE the same in mentality and philosophy as Colorado. And while people can easily understand why one would want to leave a suburban sprawl mentality for an outdoorsy recreational urban mentality, it's not as easy to understand making the opposite move. And unless you're talking about Austin, moving from Colorado to Texas is making the opposite move.
Um, no, I'd have to disagree. I've lived all up and down the eastern half of Texas and in Denver. I've visited all the major cities in Texas (lived in two of them), numerous small towns (lived in two of those as well), along with Boulder, Colorado Springs, Parker, and Golden. I didn't find Denver or Colorado in general to be that much different from Texas in any way actually. The food was a bit bland and the people a little more reserved, but that was about the only difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado