Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 05:11 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,270,843 times

Advertisements

I lived in Colorado for 22 years of my life. Every time i would mention a possible move to Texas, everyone would thumb their nose and ask why?
Once i told them Houston, they looked at me like i was crazy.

The four years i've been here in Houston, i tell people i grew up in Colorado, i rarely hear any negative comments. They're always saying its such a beautiful place and would love to visit. But Texas doesn't get the same love from its nothern neighbors.

I think i already know why. It's because of the way the media portrays TX and Colorado just jumps on the bandwagon with the rest of America and falls right into the stereotypes. But i want some other guesses too other than the typical Texas bashing.

Please note that Texas is the fastest growing state and the second largest in population after CA, and the best place for corporate relocations so it can't be too bad.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:22 PM

719 posts, read 2,617,851 times
C2H man, that's old news. For the past 20 years the Calis have taken the scapegoat platform here in CO. Relax and wax poetically about Texas all you want!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:48 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,124,581 times
Possibly because we Coloradoans love CO so much that we can't imagine living anywhere else?

Old 05-12-2008, 08:26 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
I don't know why Coloradoans dislike Texans (or if it is true). What I don't understand is why so many Texans are rumored to have moved to Colorado. Now I can see Californians moving to Colorado because in many ways Colorado has a lot of what California has (jobs for example; sunny acceptable weather for another) for about 1/3 the cost and less traffic. This makes financial sense (and is one reason why I moved here). But Texas isn't any more expensive than Colorado; what is the big driver other than climate?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:00 PM

48 posts, read 313,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
What I don't understand is why so many Texans are rumored to have moved to Colorado...what is the big driver other than climate?
I would like to point out that I'm not a "Texan" and would never refer to myself as such. I'm originally from the Chicago area. I'm moving to Colorado basically for three reasons. 1. Climate (you guessed that right- I miss snow). 2. Outdoor recreation (I miss mountains). 3. I can transfer with my job.
I'm already approved to be up there. I just have to sell my house first.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
I am a Texan and have lived in both states. I don't feel any antipathy toward Texans here at all. Colorado is a friendly place. Knowing Houston well I don't want to live there for several reasons, but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, so I'll just say I much prefer Colorado Springs. I will cite the obvious and uncontroversial: traffic in Houston is hell and the weather is hot and muggy. Having said that, Houston is Houston. There are many pleasant places in Texas to live.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:19 AM

507 posts, read 1,659,684 times
I love Texas! But im adding to the rumor because I will be moving to CO Springs in 2 months. But i would ultimately move back to Texas

Old 05-13-2008, 09:05 AM

719 posts, read 2,617,851 times
For those of you who haven't been here long, Texans were 'goated quite a bit in the 70's and 80's. It was mainly because of the resentment by locals of all that oil money moving into resort communities like Vail, Dillon, Aspen, Durango, and the like.
Then came the 90's until present, where many long timers and natives regard the incursion of Californians like a swarm of locusts.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:00 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,051,162 times
Hail the size of softballs would be at the top of my list. Ouch!

All kidding aside, I don't know why, other than perhaps the person in question just couldn't imagine leaving Colorado for anywhere else. Personally, Texas wouldn't be my first choice if I relocated again (I'd go to the eastern seaboard), but I've met some very nice Texans in my life, so the state's all right in my book.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:05 PM

1,312 posts, read 7,915,731 times
Look it up...Geezus kriste I have told people millions of times what it stems from and WHY.

Frickin heck, look it up.

We don't hate Texans or Califorians or anyone for that manner. It's the boneheads that come here and want to shut the gate to new comers because they "discovered" this place and don't want anyone else to sully it.

Seriously, do your research.

Jazz You need to read this post and plop that into your lame posts thread.

I would be nicer but this has been covered a hundred times about Texans and Californians here.

< head plant >

If you are living in Houston, why would you even care? Geezus. Posts like this make me mad because YOU ARE WRONG. Do some research.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado