Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 10:06 PM

5 posts, read 11,405 times

Advertisements

Dreaming,

Thank you for the response. I was hoping to figure out the garbage situation before moving out there, but perhaps it will have to wait. Then I can ask a few neighbors first thing when we drive up to our new home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 07:18 AM

2 posts, read 5,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemental View Post
As one who spent a lot of time driving around Broomfield when making the final decision on where to relocate our family from Long Island, NY, I can firmly say that it has great housing, excellent neighborhoods with a large number of active families and if you go north of 144th, ant east of Lowell, you will find homes with acreage. I predict that the area north of the broadlands will become a very upscale neighborhood supporting homes that reach $2 million or more. For 1/4 of that just across 144th, you will find beautiful homes.

It is definitely a buyers market and we found many homes were vacant, thus ensuring a great bargaining position.

We cannot speak to the political or theological makeup of the community.

With regard to Anthem Highlands, the homes represent a nice value but the taxes in the area are rather steep and would likely give someone from ATL sticker shock. Broomfield is it's own county and there are areas called "special tax districts" which should be considered when making a decision.

We are looking to escape the Jones' as well while remaining cognizant that they have successfully infiltrated every socio-economic layer of society.

Good Luck.

I'm from Long Island and considering relocating. LI is way to expensive, and I feel I can enjoy more out of life in CO. How are the schools in Broomfield?

Old 07-22-2009, 06:59 PM

3 posts, read 8,006 times
Default Broomfeild, safe to walk?

Hi there,

So I'm new, but I couldn't figure out where to put a question about Broomfield. So if its not supposed to be in here, I am super sorry and feel free to move it.

Anyways, heres my question, I am moving out of my house, which is a good thing, logn story, but its healthier for my mental and emotional health. Anyways, I work in Louisvile, Colorado, but my new place is in Broomfeild and I am dependant on the RTD.

Now I am a young women, 18/19. I will have to walk back to my place on saturdays, if I work past 7 pm and cannot get a ride, which is a 44 minute walk according to Google. Now, I looked at the crime rate and it seems pretty safe, and my two roomamtes said it was as well, however they are men. I also carry a pocket knife on my person. On normal days its about a 15 minute walk back to my place, so its shorter. However, Saturdays is the only day it changes.

I won't be out later than 10:30 pm. So with that background info: is it safe for me to be walking that far? I think it is, but i have been raised in a very, "everyone in the world is out to get you" household, so advice would be great.

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:20 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,407,333 times
Are You telling me that you are going to walk on H287 from Lousville, and perhaps Empire Rd. to Broomfield.?? Or any other road to Broomfield from Louisville????

That would be crazy and extremely unsafe for anybody and certainly for a young woman. Live in Louisville and work in Louisville or Live in Broomfield and work in Broomfield. Forget the Pocket Knife. The job your are talking about is probably a lousy job--you can find those anywhere.

Livecontent

Old 07-22-2009, 07:25 PM

Well, I would be in broomfeild, when I started walking. I would catch a B bus, and then take a 76 bus to main street and walk from there. I wouldn't be walking from Louisvile to Broomfield, I would be walking from area a to broomfeild, to the apartments I live in in broomfeild.

I am attempting to find a job closer, however, I am havign a hard time.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,407,333 times
Main Street in Broomfield runs North and South Parallel to 287, so you must be walking west to east on another road. I would bet you are working off the Superior Exit in Louisville and taking the B bus from there and connecting with the 76 at the Broomfield Park n' Ride. You could check out the call n' rides for Broomfield and Louisville which may help you. In addition you can get a bike, load it on the bus and ride home from your last stop in Broomfield.

Depending on the road you walk, east and west, there is some difference in Safety. I would have less problem with Midway (Is this the road you mean). There are some east to west buses that run through Broomfield that may help and get you closer. I would have serious issues with the Broomfield Park n' Ride late at night. But really, these types of jobs are not worth the effort, just look harder.

If fact forget about all those crappy service jobs in Louisville. If you are living in Broomfield, you can easily work in Downtown Denver in an Office, Mon-Fri, and take a commuter bus quicker to Downtown and back home. You will learn a new skill and get yourself some good experience. There is also a market for young office workers downtown. Work Temporary, if you must, just to get your foot in the door and learn some skills--the pay and the environment will be much better. In addition, you will be working sane hours and have time to live.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 07-22-2009 at 07:55 PM..

Old 07-22-2009, 07:52 PM

Thanks, yeah, I agree. And I would be walking into the Highlander apartments on Midway. So I would be going along Midway, and i am bringing my bike, to cut down travel time both ways. (And to get my butt in shape.) And I won't be out past 10:30 pm, its late but not as late as it could be.

And i never thought about the call-n-rides. I would only need it on saturdays... I'll defently look into that, I never thought of those...

Old 07-22-2009, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 4,312 times
just stay out of the denver montbello area

Old 07-23-2009, 10:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Broomfield is located in about five different school districts, the result of political compromise when Broomfield seceeded from Adams, Boulder, Jefferson and Weld counties and became a separate city/county. The NW part of Broomfield is in the Boulder Valley School District. The NE parts are in Adams 12, St. Vrain Valley, and I believe Brighton SDs. SE is Adams 12. The SW part of Broomfield is Jefferson County SD. You can google these districts and look up their stats. Most kids in Broomfield go to Boulder Valley, Adams 12 and Jefferson County schools.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,677 times
Default Moving from Seattle to Broomfield, CO... Help with schools?

My family and I are moving from Seattle to Broomfield, CO. My husband will be working in Broomfield and it seems like a great town to live in as well.
I have 5 boys - 6th grade, 4th, 2nd, Kindergarten & preschool age. I am trying to find the best school for them. Help?

I've searched a few schools in both school districts BVSD & Adams 12...
BVSD - Aspen Creek K-8, Kohl, Superior & Coal Creek elem, Broomsfield middle & broomsfield & Monarch High
Adams 12 - Coyote Ridge & Meridian Elem, Westlake & Rocky Top middle & Legacy High

I would love some input on these schools. I found 2 nice neighborhoods... Broadlands & Anthem but I want to make sure I am making a good choice of schools for them. Thanks for any input!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado