Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 01:20 PM

23 posts, read 143,322 times

Advertisements

I hope this does not sound rude, but it's one of the last places in colorado I'd like to live. There is nothing unique about it as far as I can tell - might as well be in Kansas. It is like everywhere else nondescript in the U.S...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 01:49 PM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times
Wow! There's an opinion. Is your ex-Mother-in-Law from there?

I drove to Boulder the other day for the first time in about 5 years and I thought I was on another planet. I lived in the metro area for 15 years and that place has just exploded. With Interlocken and all. It looks like the direct Center of the Universe to me. It looks like a place where people with good jobs and Rock Stars would hang out.

Jefferson Academy is a pretty nice charter school that I think is in that area. I know nothing about the other schools there, except that they are probably a lot nicer than Westy, Northglenn, Thornton, etc. Now there goes my opinion.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:53 PM

287 posts, read 769,305 times
Default So if the job is in Boulder (definitely don't want to live there!)...

do you have any suggestions? Less than 30 min commute, good schools, interesting things to do and see? Also we'd need to be in the $350,000. and under housing range for a 4-/5 bedroom, 3000 sq ft. home.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
I think Broomfield would be just fine for you. There is a nice sense of community there. My kids did gymnastics at Broomfield High for 7 yrs, so I got to know the place fairly well. In your price range, you'd be more likely to find a place in Broomfield than many other places within a 30 min commute of Boulder.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:18 PM

23 posts, read 143,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Wow! There's an opinion. Is your ex-Mother-in-Law from there?
ha ha, no - i just thought i would give my honest opinion. i realize it might not be everybody's opinion...

how about Golden? that's about 30 min and has some character and scenery. and why not Boulder? It's not a bad place to live at all and saves the commute...

Old 08-16-2007, 08:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
There would be nothing in Boulder that would fit your price range and your criteria.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:36 PM

18,046 posts, read 27,501,143 times
Mine neither. I'd agree about Golden. I stayed with my cous for a couple of years in Arvada. It was near Ward road and just a stone's throw away from 93. It was over by Cobe Labs and a lot of development was going on north and west of there. I wonder if there are any affordable places in that area. It has a nice view of the mountains.

Old 08-18-2007, 04:35 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,413,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally123 View Post
I hope this does not sound rude, but it's one of the last places in colorado I'd like to live. There is nothing unique about it as far as I can tell - might as well be in Kansas. It is like everywhere else nondescript in the U.S...
I agree partially; Broomfield, for years was just a bland suburbs of Boulder and Denver with nothing that was anything different. It straddled three counties but was mostly under the rule of Boulder County. However, it was sucessful, in establishing itself as a separate county, through a state referendum. a couple of years ago. This has caused The City and County of Broomfield to have full control over the destiny of the area and the only other City and County in the state is Denver.

It has developed a very large park system, new library, new recreation center and has started to develop an individual identity. It is also over the new Flatirons Mall area with some great shopping, distinctive development and a beautiful business park called Interlocken which are all linked together with a free Zip shuttle. See this good website Zip Shuttle, FlatIron Improvement District, Broomfield, CO.

It has a great older established neighborhood, around Midway Blvd. with a beautiful meandering park. It is successfully developing large city center off of Main Street in an expansive park. It has nice new developments north in the County.

It is developing great public transportation with the development of the Bus Rapid Transit system along hwy. 36 and a commuter rail line that will run through the city.

A big project is the Arista development along hwy. 36 and Hwy. 121. This is development is around the new Broomfield Event Center. This will include shopping, lofts. with a transit oriented development which is now being built one of the largest park-n-rides in the area and a commuter rail station, See
the website Arista.

So has Broomfield changed--you bet. It is a nice place to live with a future.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 PM

9 posts, read 53,992 times
Default do you have children?

We are actually here looking into Louisville and Broomfield. We are also Jewish and want to know what it is like here. Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micktooth View Post
My family and I recently moved to Louisville (near Broomfield) from New Orleans. We had considered moving to Atlanta as well. I really think you can't compare the two. Colorado is truely awesome. The family lifestyle is great. There are many young active families in the area. Commuting shouldn't be a problem, there are plenty of places to live in the area. A nice community in Broomfield is the "Broadlands", you can look it up online. I am not fond of the southern lifestyle and I find that this area is laid back and tolerant of all religious beliefs (we're Jewish). I would say that the Denver area is definately more liberal than the South. Colorado Springs is more conservative than Boulder, but I kind of like the tolerant and accepting way of life we didn't find down south. The Denver area is one of the higheast educated areas of the country. Most people are wise and artsy. Of course with any city, there are those with financial difficulties. I think Boulder and Denver offer a wide variety of nitelife and activities. Broomfield is in between and gives you the best of both worlds. Gas seems a little higher but utilities seem less than New Orleans well worth the tradeoff. We used North American Van Lines and were very happy with our move. But I've heard it's really the local people in Atl and Den that make your experience a good one. Bottom line, this is the best move we ever made, I wish we had done it sooner, you will love CO!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 02:13 PM

11 posts, read 39,317 times
Default Broomfield,,,,,,,family oriented?????any info....

Does anyone live in Broomfield that can give me some info on it...Looks real nice........have 3 kids...looks like schools pretty good........recreation center .etc.........husband will be working in denver,,,18 miles south.........
looked at parker,,,liked it alot.......but just wondering if anyone has some information on Broomfield,,,,,,,,,Parks/ schools/ just everyday family living...family oriented............thanks for any info!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado