Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 09:34 PM

10,963 posts, read 21,976,886 times

Advertisements

Heritage Farms is a great setup/community plan. As far as I know it's done well so far. In terms of DR Horton, google them and see what type of comments are floating around out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 07:36 AM

3 posts, read 7,681 times
Default Lexington High School

Can anyone tell me if there is a problem with overcrowding in the Lexington One High School? We are thinking of moving from NY. Any other info on the area that you can give me would be much appreciated!! thanks

Old 10-25-2007, 10:01 AM

I would rather some parents with children in LHS give their input on the size of the school. Parents?

Old 10-28-2007, 08:35 PM

639 posts, read 1,915,971 times
Lexington 1 is very very overcrowded. They use lots of "portables" or small double wide mobile homes for classes for this very reason.
Not sure about the DR Horton people but last year we were trick or treating in Lexington off HWY 6 behind the Piggly Wiggly in Colony Lakes sub-divison and there were huge signs in the people yards about their homes and all the trouble they were having. And it wasn't just one family it was like 15+ so you may want to ride by there and see who their builder was because that is scary. One person had on their sign that their french door and frame came loose from the wall and fell out. One said their sheetrock had fell off the wall.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:18 AM

1,172 posts, read 2,531,392 times
One of my co-workers bought a home in Heritage Farms, and likes it. I think DH Horton, had problems with some of their subcontractors, in certain areas.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
One of my co-workers bought a home in Heritage Farms, and likes it. I think DH Horton, had problems with some of their subcontractors, in certain areas.
Primarily the subs that did the work in Chelsea Park. I have not heard of any problems from Heritage Farms yet, but it is much earlier there than it is in Chelsea Park.

Old 10-29-2007, 08:09 PM

3 posts, read 7,681 times
thanks so much for your answers! With the overcrowding issue, is there ever a time when my child would be sent to a different school in another town? I know that happens in other areas and my high-schooler is worried about that. Anyone with more info on Lexington High, please let me know.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:57 PM

293 posts, read 826,623 times
I've never heard of them ever making a child go to another school because of overcrowding. But then again most of my family went thru either Richland 1 or 2 school districts. I sure that someone going to Lexington High wouldn't end up at say Brooklyn Cayce. But i know that if it's more than 1 high school within your area they allow you to go to anyone within that district as long as you have a car ride to get there. It's just that the school bus will take you to the one you are zoned for. I remember being closer to Richland Northeast High school but i was zoned to go to Spring Valley....so the school bus would take us all the way to SVHS but it was an option that if we caught a ride to RNE, then could attend with no issue....that was over a decade ago so it may be different now.....but once again....i've never heard of someone being displaced from one school to another.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:53 PM

639 posts, read 1,915,971 times
My kids are in Lexington schools and I have never heard of them sending a student to a different school because of being crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area