Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:28 PM

30 posts, read 76,483 times

Advertisements

Bring on P.F. Chang, Dave & Busters & Bass Pro Shops!! I'm wondering how one can effect persuasion on the powers at be to survey our market on these new businesses? Recently heard on the news about a "new national restaurant chain" coming to Columbus. Got real giddy - "OH BOY!! IT'S P.F. CHANG!" only to discover it's Bojangles. Not to impugn Bojangles - it's a great fast-food chain - but was saddened to hear it wasn't one of those on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 09:05 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Heard tonight that Infiniti is looking at the Columbus market. Fingers crossed!

Old 06-15-2014, 02:31 PM

967 posts, read 1,072,206 times
Some of the rumored locations I've heard..

Aldi - A while back there was a post that showed a picture of Aldi in a plan for a development on Veteran's not sure if the picture was what they were trying to attract, a best guess, or perhaps a retailer they are in talks with. It sounds like a likely future tenant.

Costco - From what I've heard they have been looking at our area for a long time, possibly at the Old Swift Mill location. I've also heard they weren't looking at the Columbus area for a while. Let's hope that doesn't turn out to be the case.

Bass Pro - This seems likely soon, I've heard they are really looking at the area, possible north on 185 which would be great since it would spur more development up that way. I've also hear mention of the Riverchase development in Phenix City be a possible site.

Gander Mountain - I've seen it mentioned a few times, including earlier in this thread. I think I heard the new section of CPC mentioned as a possible location.

Academy Sports - I've heard this mentioned a lot, I'm not sure but this one may be confirmed as coming sometime soon. I really hope so since I love going to the one in Auburn. I've heard mention of it going on Veterans.

P.F. Changs - I think this one was rumored as possibly coming to Peachtree Mall a while back. It might have been just one of the ones the mall owner was hoping to attract. I've heard some mention of it recently too. Has anyone heard if they are looking in the area? I have a feeling we may see one sometime soon, possible in the CPC area.

Dave and Busters - I remember a while back, like maybe in the mid 2000s a lot of my friends said they were coming to Columbus but it fell through. The rumor back then was they were going to build where the Nissan dealership is on Whitesville. It seems like they would locate near a more touristy place, but perhaps this is one of the areas where Ft. Benning would really help with the number of military passing through looking for entertainment. Just an observation, but I noticed most video gaming places such as the one that was in Peachtree mall attracted a lot of young military.

Cheesecake Factory - I remember there were rumors mostly going along with the Peachtree Mall owner wanting to attract one. I've heard some mention of it though. I'd love to see one but I kind of doubt we will see on outside of the Atlanta area in Georgia anytime soon. I'm not sure if it's any indication, but I have seen it promoted some around the area.

Banana Republic - I've heard this mentioned a possible tenant of the new CPC expansion.

J Crew - same as with B.R. possibly in the new CPC expansion

Apple Store - It seen it discussed on here a lot, perhaps in the new CPS expansion

Whole Foods - I've heard they were planning on locating here soon. Perhaps they are waiting of the right location. Does anyone know if they are definitely looking at Columbus?

Trader Joes - I heard this often in conjunction with Aldi. If we get Aldi this seems likely too based on what I've heard.

H & M - I've heard the are planning on coming to Peachtree Mall, I think in place of NY and company? Considering there was even a location tied to this one it could likely happen soon.

Forever 21- I've seen it mentioned as looking at Peachtree Mall, but I haven't heard much of this recently.

Super Target - It's been mentioned a few times, possibly in the Gateway area. I doubt if they would locate in the shopping center right adjacent to Wal-Mart, but it possibly could happen near that area as development continues.

Macaroni Grill - This seems like a possibility and I've heard it mentioned a few times. I just heard that Johnny Carino's closed, so I don't know if that would be a good or bad thing when it comes to M.G. possibly locating here. It would mean less competition in the area of Italian chain restaurants.

Well those are the places I've heard mention of. As with any rumor not all will turn out to be true or were just rumored, but I'm willing to bet several of them have a good basis in reality. Anyone have any other rumors they can add to the list? I thought this thread could use a good update.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:25 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,842,470 times
Here's my opinion on the location.

Aldi- Columbus Park Crossing

Costco - Midland

Bass Pro - Phenix City

Whole Food - North Veterans Parkway

Super Target- Victory Drive

Old 06-16-2014, 09:53 AM

69 posts, read 121,313 times
Bass Pro has already committed to Harris County (185/317 intersection) along with Publix. This is from the county commissioner's mouth, but it was about a year or more ago that he told us.

I'm in Smiths Station, so anything that's in Auburn/Opelika gets my business before Harris County because it's closer for me. But I'm all for expanding the area - anywhere.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Rose View Post
Bass Pro has already committed to Harris County (185/317 intersection) along with Publix. This is from the county commissioner's mouth, but it was about a year or more ago that he told us.

I'm in Smiths Station, so anything that's in Auburn/Opelika gets my business before Harris County because it's closer for me. But I'm all for expanding the area - anywhere.

I hope we hear something soon, I'm looking forward to seeing it when it gets here. I'd be happy seeing it in either location.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:40 PM

427 posts, read 549,871 times
COSTCO (and an Apple Store) above all else!!! We need to let costco know that we want them in Columbus!!!

Old 06-18-2014, 10:45 PM

147 posts, read 232,446 times
I hate to sound bitter and negative, but honestly, with the rumors of Costco evaluating Columbus having been circulated since ~2010, I think it's a given that they've considered establishing a location here. My question is, if there are people who are still convinced that they're going to come here eventually... what's taking them so long? Most "chain" corporations perform 6-12 months of market, demographic, and other associated types of research, and then they make their decision. I hope I end up being proven wrong, but I have a feeling that Columbus hasn't even shown up as a "blip" on Costco's radar.

Old 06-19-2014, 09:53 AM

I did find this article posted last year http://supermarketnews.com/membership-warehouse-clubs/costco-plans-150-new-stores-5-years It sounds like they are in the process of expanding and will be over the next few years. I'm not saying they are definitely coming, but if they are, they may have been doing research in multiple areas prior to rolling out this 5 year plan listed in the article

Last edited by DWColumbus; 06-19-2014 at 10:22 AM..

Old 06-19-2014, 10:19 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Costco will come with time. We are way too large of a market to not have one. Problem with Columbus is that we are running out of desirable developable land. Muscogee is a small county geographically. Everyone wants to be on the northside where land is scarce. There are only a handful of developable tracts left, with Old Town being constructed on the best/"largest piece. It will come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA