Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 04:07 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,948 times

Advertisements

It was where the Dillingham St Bridge is now, the first was destroyed by a flood a couple decades after being built, but King rebuilt it within months. He also built the railroad bridge just downstream of it.

I'm not sure who the builder of the first 14th St bridge was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 11:54 AM

967 posts, read 1,073,995 times
Peachtree Mall looks to fill empty store spaces in JCPenney wing | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

They will be filling in some of the vacant store spaces outside JC Penny's at Peachtree Mall

Most interesting was

Quote:
“When you walk out of JCPenneys, to the left, it’s going to take up everything from JCPenney around the corner to the back of Ruby Tuesday,” said Rice, who will soon name the tenant, which she said will be a well-known brand that should generate some excitement for shoppers.

“We have a lot of leases that are being signed for those spaces,” she said of the eight or so empty storefronts in the wing, which is punctuated by a large carousel in its center area. “The two (spaces) that are closer to Lids, the leases are out. The only space in the building that I don’t have a lease for is when you walk out of JCPenneys, the space to your right. Every other space is under final revisions of a lease.”
I'm not sure what they would consider "generating excitement for shoppers". Any guesses as to what might be filling in?

Old 03-28-2018, 12:32 PM

297 posts, read 260,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
I'm not sure what they would consider "generating excitement for shoppers". Any guesses as to what might be filling in?
I’m not sure either. But I’ve been hoping for Express, Banana Republic, and DSW personally!

Old 03-28-2018, 12:37 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,855,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungProfessional View Post
I’m not sure either. But I’ve been hoping for Express, Banana Republic, and DSW personally!
DSW would be a good fit for that big of a space BUT... the demo isn't great for DSW. There are tons of low-cost shoe stores in the mall, they'd be a better fit at CPC.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:28 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,165,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
Peachtree Mall looks to fill empty store spaces in JCPenney wing | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

They will be filling in some of the vacant store spaces outside JC Penny's at Peachtree Mall

Most interesting was

Rue 21

Old 03-28-2018, 01:30 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,855,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
Rue 21
They just closed 420 stores, I wouldn't think they would be opening a store after they just closed CPC store.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:37 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,165,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
They just closed 420 stores, I wouldn't think they would be opening a store after they just closed CPC store.
Good point.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:19 PM

463 posts, read 520,275 times
Could it possibly be an Apple store? I know General Growth Properties has a relationship already with Augusta Mall.that actually would be exciting!

Old 03-28-2018, 02:38 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
Could it possibly be an Apple store? I know General Growth Properties has a relationship already with Augusta Mall.that actually would be exciting!

I would be shocked, I don't think the mall's economic demographics (really even the city's) come close to what an Apple store would require.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:44 PM

967 posts, read 1,073,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post

It would be more likely to go in the CPS area or North Columbus, but it would bring some more variety to the mall and a much wanted store to Columbus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA