Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2016, 08:29 AM

178 posts, read 209,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
I agree completely, this will be a huge hit. Excellent location and use of this building. The fact they chose Columbus first says a lot.
You have no idea what a huge hit is and your batting average has not been good on the forum.
When a company choses Columbus last what does that mean then?
No doubt this is a nice place/company but will not survive over the long haul in Columbus.....sorry folks.

Last edited by Citizen Reporter; 02-13-2016 at 08:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 08:35 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,643,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Reporter View Post
You have no idea what a huge hit is and your batting average has not been good on the forum.
The location is not that good either.
When a company choses Columbus last what does that mean?
No doubt this is a nice place/company but will not survive over the long haul in Columbus.....sorry folks.

Old 02-13-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick&I101 View Post
It will bring people to that area of downtown. It may not be anything luxurious, but it will create new jobs and it could bring other developments. New development is always a positive thing. Stop being negative about the situation, something positive could come from it.
Nick,
Come back down to earth my friend.
A Dollar Store in uptown is not a forward move but rather someone who is desperate to lease their property to anyone they can get.
What in the world could possibly come positive from it?
A handful of minimum wage jobs.

Last edited by Citizen Reporter; 02-13-2016 at 09:03 AM..

Old 02-13-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
rofl.....I figured you would answer that way.
Very predictable.
Better answer than we all got when the Mayor made recent announcement about the city woes recently.
I assume it just slipped your mind..

Old 02-13-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
rofl.....I figured you would answer that way.
Very predictable.
Better answer than we all got when the Mayor made recent announcement about the city woes recently.
I assume it just slipped your mind..
Lol

Old 02-13-2016, 06:46 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,850,394 times
Quote:
Zoo City was overtaken by rowdy unsupervised teens from around the city and literally destroyed from the start.
I knew the business partners and they DID get along....totally wrong.
It never had a chance due to troublemakers as will eventually be the case with Stars and Stripes..it ALWAYS ends that way.
Look at the restrictions they have at Chuck E Cheese which severely limits the business income to this day.
I knew the business partners too, and Arlen tried to buy out Brett within months because of their different management styles, later to successfully do so, and it ended up shutting down once money ran out from investor.

Discovery Zone shut down nationwide, and I think it's hard to judge 80s/90s attractions such as Gopher Fun Park or Putt Putt. Hollywood is still around and they had to change with the times, arcade games are back now but they realized birthday parties and laser tag could generate much more money.

All in all, who really cares? It's not my or your $7 million their investing in our community. What would you suggest they do with the building? It doesn't fit in with the area as an industrial use.

Old 02-14-2016, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
I knew the business partners too, and Arlen tried to buy out Brett within months because of their different management styles, later to successfully do so, and it ended up shutting down once money ran out from investor.

Discovery Zone shut down nationwide, and I think it's hard to judge 80s/90s attractions such as Gopher Fun Park or Putt Putt. Hollywood is still around and they had to change with the times, arcade games are back now but they realized birthday parties and laser tag could generate much more money.

All in all, who really cares? It's not my or your $7 million their investing in our community. What would you suggest they do with the building? It doesn't fit in with the area as an industrial use.
Great post. Even better you actually know the people unlike this guy. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post

If anyone really cared then why was it brought up at all?
7 million is not that much money for a start up(it would have been much more if structure had to be built)
Selling alcohol in place like that is a big no no for local conservative crowd especially with children around and am surprised this would even be supported.
I was offered the head position in arcade setup/repairs at Zoo City when it was being built(I declined as I had other business obligations at the time) and can tell you the issue was not management but the unruly crowds with fights etc even with security as it was at Hollywood among others.

Old 02-14-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Great post. Even better you actually know the people unlike this guy. Thanks for setting the record straight.
I knew them both when they were setting up the business as well as owners in many of the others over the years.
How about setting the record straight for us all about other issues like the mayors state of the city you supported so much or are you going to post a silly smile or laugh maybe.
Your credibility is lacking on many local issues and certainly shows.
Tell us how wrong the mayor and city councilors are on Columbus please.
We are all waiting for your response....and please no more smiles and lol"s

Old 02-14-2016, 09:26 AM

463 posts, read 518,953 times
Is there anything that you ever say a positive comment about? If you hate Columbus so much, move! No one is forcing you to live here. Why continue to waste your time posting on a forum about somewhere you despise so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA