Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 02:23 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,847,800 times

Advertisements

CPK Heritage Park training PK/FR - YouTube

Columbus, GA Georgia | Convention & Visitors Bureau | From the Past to the Future at Heritage Park - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 02:26 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,847,800 times
The riverwalk itself is a park.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:56 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,095,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Well I am sorry you don't live within walking distance of a park. How about moving closer to one since it sounds like you enjoy them? There are over 40 parks in Columbus that vary in size and what amenities they offer. Most people have to drive to a park, it's just the way it is. Most people who live ITP in Atlanta have to drive to a park. Look at Piedmont Park for example, if you don't live in Midtown or the Virginia Highlands area, you will more than likely have to drive to the park. Buckhead is the same way. Yes, you have Chastain and Lenox Park (if you even want to consider it a true park). The vast majority still have to drive.
Don't feel sorry because you think it's realistic that everyone can just buy a house where they'd please. Not everyone has that luxury, and I'm sorry that I have to live in a city where they see living near such a simple thing as a park is a luxury. I don't see what Atlanta has to do with Columbus, but points out the lack of foresight present in many cities in Georgia.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:07 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,659,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Don't feel sorry because you think it's realistic that everyone can just buy a house where they'd please. Not everyone has that luxury, and I'm sorry that I have to live in a city where they see living near such a simple thing as a park is a luxury. I don't see what Atlanta has to do with Columbus, but points out the lack of foresight present in many cities in Georgia.
Your argument here is starting to break apart and not make very much sense. Are you insinuating Columbus should build a park for you? Or one near your particular location? Wonder if your location isn't feasible for a park or might not be in a location worth the investment? Not exactly sure what you are trying to get at here...

Old 04-02-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Your argument here is starting to break apart and not make very much sense. Are you insinuating Columbus should build a park for you? Or one near your particular location? Wonder if your location isn't feasible for a park or might not be in a location worth the investment? Not exactly sure what you are trying to get at here...
Are you that dense? This isn't an argument towards some park built just for me, but not enough parks for the residents of Columbus as a whole.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Are you that dense? This isn't an argument towards some park built just for me, but not enough parks for the residents of Columbus as a whole.
Explain how 40+ parks aren't enough??? How many is a good number in your mind??

Old 04-02-2014, 03:17 PM

40+ parks with the majority of them in the older neighborhoods on the southside? That's convenient to the majority residents of Columbus, how?

Old 04-02-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
40+ parks with the majority of them in the older neighborhoods such as the southside? That's convenient to the majority residents of Columbus, how?
What's that have to do with anything??? There are plenty of parks are the north end of town.....

Old 04-02-2014, 03:21 PM

Quote:
What's that have to do with anything??? There are plenty of parks are the north end of town.....
Apparently not, you have neighborhood parks in the older neighborhoods this city's predecessor's who had the foresight to properly plan and allocate the land for them, compared to a cluster of larger parks on the north end of town that for those that don't live directly near them, are required to drive to.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Apparently not, you have neighborhood parks in the older neighborhoods this city's predecessor's who had the foresight to properly plan and allocate the land for them, compared to a cluster of larger parks on the north end of town that for those that don't live directly near them, are required to drive to.
Well I have 3 options for. 1) move closer to a park 2) stop being lazy and drive like the vast majority of people 3) build your own park. Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA