Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 03:29 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,093,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Well I have 3 options for. 1) move closer to a park 2) stop being lazy and drive like the vast majority of people 3) build your own park. Lol.
Typical response from a closed minded local, it's your fault there aren't parks, and it's your fault for buying a house in a development that the developer didn't build a park for. Laziness from not wanting to drive isn't the issue, it's the laziness on part of the locals who think everything is peachy in a town ranked as being one of the most miserable cities of its size in the country, and expect outsiders to fix all of their damn mistakes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 03:32 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Typical response from a closed minded local, it's your fault there aren't parks, and it's your fault for buying a house in a development that the developer didn't build a park for. Laziness from not wanting to drive isn't the issue, it's the laziness on part of the locals who think everything is peachy in a town ranked as being one of the most miserable cities of its size in the country, and expect outsiders to fix all of their damn mistakes.
Closed minded? I've lived all over this country and spent significant time in Asia and Europe. Studied abroad for grad school as well. Closed minded? You wish. Your argument has imploded on itself and isn't worth my time.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:33 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,093,827 times
Quote:
Closed minded? I've lived all over this country and spent significant time in Asia and Europe. Studied abroad for grad school as well. Closed minded? You wish. Your argument has imploded on itself and isn't worth my time.
You're taking it very personal, so the answer is pretty clear.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:37 PM

102 posts, read 166,481 times
Quote:
Well I have 3 options for. 1) move closer to a park 2) stop being lazy and drive like the vast majority of people 3) build your own park. Lol.
Wow.You seem way too serious about this. It was just an opinion given about Columbus not having enough parks. If thats what that person thinks,then so what. Its just an opinion,and clearly you have a different one,but there is no need to be rude to others just because they don't agree with you. You don't seem to be open whatsoever to any opinions thats Columbus has room to improve, and it clearly does.

Old 04-02-2014, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising-Star View Post
Wow.You seem way too serious about this. It was just an opinion given about Columbus not having enough parks. If thats what that person thinks,then so what. Its just an opinion,and clearly you have a different one,but there is no need to be rude to others just because they don't agree with you. You don't seem to be open whatsoever to any opinions thats Columbus has room to improve, and it clearly does.
Oh I'm not being rude. I was trying to help the poster out. Gave several examples to help him/her out. Trying to point out the varying options that are available. They started taking it personal and automatically pulled the closed minded card. The poster was talking as if it is an absolute shame that there isn't a park on every corner for them to have access to. Not sure what they were getting at...

Old 04-03-2014, 07:37 AM

178 posts, read 209,621 times
Quote:
Oh I'm not being rude. I was trying to help the poster out. Gave several examples to help him/her out. Trying to point out the varying options that are available. They started taking it personal and automatically pulled the closed minded card. The poster was talking as if it is an absolute shame that there isn't a park on every corner for them to have access to. Not sure what they were getting at...
Finally got someone to give me the lowdown on this guy.
Got a couple of emails that he posts and argues on several local newpaper discussions(uses the same aggressive tactics too) and they say his name is Chris.
Best to ignore his posts and move on as he obviously has some kind of personal issues.
Hopefully he can iron them out and get back on board with us as it is becoming a bit of a joke.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Reporter View Post
Finally got someone to give me the lowdown on this guy.
Got a couple of emails that he posts and argues on several local newpaper discussions(uses the same aggressive tactics too) and they say his name is Chris.
Best to ignore his posts and move on as he obviously has some kind of personal issues.
Hopefully he can iron them out and get back on board with us as it is becoming a bit of a joke.
Not true at all. I haven't posted on the LE website in years. Don't even subscribe to the online addition. As far as your emails, totally bogus. By the way, my name is Bryan.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:57 AM

178 posts, read 209,621 times
Constant denial from you day after day.
You would never give your real name on this forum either as you have everything else blocked.
Emailers even had posts with same dialogue as you use on citydata....almost to the word.
Who is really bogus Chris?
There are just too many people that disagree with you about local issues and have lost respect for you.
Move on please and let the rest of us carry on.
Thanks

Old 04-03-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Reporter View Post
Constant denial from you day after day.
You would never give your real name on this forum either as you have everything else blocked.
Emailers even had posts with same dialogue as you use on citydata....almost to the word.
Who is really bogus Chris?
There are just too many people that disagree with you about local issues and have lost respect for you.
Move on please and let the rest of us carry on.
Thanks
Alton, come on.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:57 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,174,876 times
I just think that people want a more well-rounded and realistic view of Columbus or any city on here for that matter. The fact of the matter is some people do over hype Columbus (as some do all the cities in GA). I remember being surprised last year when my Uncle (from Columbus) came here to visit my grandmother and he mentioned he was going to look for him a Lexus while he was in town...I didn't think much of it, just thought he couldn't find one he wanted at the local Columbus dealership. Then when he was visiting a few months later he mentioned getting his Lexus serviced while he was here..which really puzzled me until I found out that there isn't even a Lexus dealership in Columbus so my Uncle schedules his routine maitenence appointments for when he comes to visit my grandmother. That is just one example but the reason why I was surprised was because let some people on here tell it, Columbus has all the amenites and retail options Augusta has and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA