Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 01:44 PM

21,618 posts, read 31,197,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddb View Post
The edge recently opened a new location in Fairfield - took over the massive old linens n things spot across from Home Depot. There's another gym across from BJ's - I forget what it's called.

I would definitely be happy with an affordable gym that had a pool (open for laps in the mornings and evenings) and racquetball courts. There's not much in the area for this, and the cost is so high that I can't help but calculate how many dollars I'm spending per minute on the court.
I forgot about the Edge that opened up there. I think it's only like $20 a month too.

Have you looked at LA Fitness? There are locations with raquetball courts (I think) in Norwalk, Orange and Wilton - a bit far from Fairfield but if it's on your way to/from work, it could be worth it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 01:47 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriM View Post
My husband and I are looking to start a small business in Fairfield, preferably one of the empty spaces on the Post Road or surrounding area. Is there something that the residents want to see open? All suggestions welcome please! Thank you!
You can look at opening a Chipotle or a Chick-Fil-A. If you do the second, I won't mind driving ALL the way up, despite my diet restrictions

Some people opened a Chipotle on post road in Darien/Norwalk border and it's been going thru the roof since.

If you're gonna open a store, well, uh.. how about an adult store?? LMAO, just kidding

Old 02-18-2011, 01:55 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,897,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I forgot about the Edge that opened up there. I think it's only like $20 a month too.

Have you looked at LA Fitness? There are locations with raquetball courts (I think) in Norwalk, Orange and Wilton - a bit far from Fairfield but if it's on your way to/from work, it could be worth it.
Yes, the Edge is only $20 a month. But there is a new LA Fitness opening up in Trumbull soon:

Westfield - Trumbull Shopping Mall - L.A. Fitness Coming Soon (http://westfield.com/trumbull/ourstores/details/l-a-fitness-coming-soon-42630.html - broken link)

Old 02-18-2011, 01:56 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriM View Post
My husband and I are looking to start a small business in Fairfield, preferably one of the empty spaces on the Post Road or surrounding area. Is there something that the residents want to see open? All suggestions welcome please! Thank you!
Rather than asking, why don't you tell us of your top 5 ideas That would be even better, for you can check if your business ideas are in line with the public needs. Not sure if C/D is a good representative of CT though, like other state boards where board traffic is higher.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:57 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,897,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Not sure if C/D is a good representative of CT though, like other state boards where board traffic is higher.
Like maybe this site:

Fairfield, CT Patch - News, Sports, Events, Businesses & Deals

Old 02-22-2011, 09:45 AM

588 posts, read 1,872,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I haven't, but since I commute to Manhattan every day I would need something in or near the train station that opens early. And I know there are places near Grand Central, but I don't want to have to take out a 2nd mortgage to pay the monthly dues, even with the so-called "corporate discounts." If/when I can find some new (local to Fairfield!) employment without the train commute, that might be an option.

For the OP - buy the old Edge location and put up your own parking garage - I'm sure you can make the money back once the new station opens up since they only budgeted for 1500 spots.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 AM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
To answer the OP's original question, what about a good Jewish Deli. Rye Ridge on Black Rock Turnpike closed a couple of months ago and we miss it a lot. Not sure where to go now to get our deli fix. Any suggestions? Jay

Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 PM

74 posts, read 299,646 times
I would love a good skin care/cosmetic place in town! For myself and also for ease of popping in to grab a gift for someone. There's always Sephora in the Trumbull mall, but I prefer driving to Blue Mercury in Westport because I love the shopping on Main Street. As aa aside, I can't stand Victoria's Secret and for me it's a waste of real estate. I'm sure they make a killing from all the college girls but I would love to see a nice mid-priced boutique selling men's and women's clothes there instead. I can go the V.S., Banana, Ann Taylor Loft and Chico's on the Post Road in every mall in every town surrounding Fairfield. I'm more of a fan of locally-owned stores. Back to original point - skin care/cosmetics/bath products would be a lovely addition to the Post Road.

Old 02-22-2011, 01:43 PM

526 posts, read 1,003,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
To answer the OP's original question, what about a good Jewish Deli. Rye Ridge on Black Rock Turnpike closed a couple of months ago and we miss it a lot. Not sure where to go now to get our deli fix. Any suggestions? Jay
There's a good Jewish Deli in Woodbridge by the entrance to the Merrit -Katz's I think it's called.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:33 AM

588 posts, read 1,872,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Yes, please. I miss my knishes!

The only concern there would be the competition from the Firehouse Deli - they have got some incredible sandwiches there. But if you put in a good sized sit-down deli, especially one with a good brunch menu on weekends, there isn't much like it. Otherwise, there's really only A&S (not really a sandwich place, but they make em good) and the Country Cow on Black Rock for good sandwiches in town. Roly Poly closed (soon to be a Sub Zone or something like that?), and I'm not sure what else there is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut