Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 05:12 PM

173 posts, read 352,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
You don't think watching a man transmorph into a "woman" is hard for a 5 year old to understand? That's crazy talk.
No, I don't think it's hard for a 5 year-old to understand at all - that's exactly what I meant. A 5 year-old will completely accept the explanation that someone is a "girl who used to be a boy" - in fact, they'll probably think it's cool. 5 year-olds are much more flexible thinkers regarding most things than adults are - we're the one's who teach them what is okay or normal and what isn't, which is completely subjective and often based in either inexperience, ignorance, misinformation, or fear. What I'm mainly saying is that, if you want to pin your prejudice on someone, please don't target the kid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 05:56 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,460,943 times
I don't know if you know many 5 year olds, but it certainly wouldn't fly with mine. I can't even get mine to understand that when he grows up, I will be a grandma AND a mom at the same time. You think I could convince him that mommy could be a daddy if I felt like it? He would laugh in my face.

What I find most disturbing is that they shot down the opportunity to increase penalties to sexual predators that exploited this bill. If there was anyone left that doubted who Liberals were really most interested in protecting, there is your answer.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,014,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meglion View Post
No, I don't think it's hard for a 5 year-old to understand at all - that's exactly what I meant. A 5 year-old will completely accept the explanation that someone is a "girl who used to be a boy" - in fact, they'll probably think it's cool.
But that's just it...they are not. A man is a man is a man and a women is a women is a women. You can't change your DNA. So you are both lying too and confusing your child.

*FOR ME* I would do my best to explain it as it is. Some people get confused about their sexuality just like some people see other people in the room who are not really there.

Yes I did.

As for the "cool" comment, have some kids...My wife has her Masters in early childhood education and minored in child psychology, and has been and early childhood educator for 20 years. She backs my position up 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
What I find most disturbing is that they shot down the opportunity to increase penalties to sexual predators that exploited this bill. If there was anyone left that doubted who Liberals were really most interested in protecting, there is your answer.
Bingo. Not only that it and TR's amendment was voted straight down the party line. This isn't about the people, it's about an agenda.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:26 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
Some people get confused about their sexuality
Just a quick point... Gender identity and sexuality are not the same thing. Gender identity is the issue here-- whether one identifies themself as male or female regardless of assigned biology. Sexuality is whether one is attracted to the opposite sex or the same sex.

This has nothing to do with "the gays" even though the issues of sexuality and gender identity are often equivocated. (wrongly). This is not a type of gay...

I think you will find that the impact of this legislation on anyone except the very small group who identify themselves as the opposite gender will be undetectable. The idea of someone cross dressing to legally enter the ladies room to commit a sex offense is absurd.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:45 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,014,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Just a quick point... Gender identity and sexuality are not the same thing. Gender identity is the issue here-- whether one identifies themself as male or female regardless of assigned biology. Sexuality is whether one is attracted to the opposite sex or the same sex.

This has nothing to do with "the gays" even though the issues of sexuality and gender identity are often equivocated. (wrongly). This is not a type of gay...

Good point, and frankly I think that deepens the crazyness here. Just because you have an "identity crisis" doesn't change your sex. Period.

If it's not about "gay" rights...what IS it about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
I think you will find that the impact of this legislation on anyone except the very small group who identify themselves as the opposite gender will be undetectable. The idea of someone cross dressing to legally enter the ladies room to commit a sex offense is absurd.
What do you live in a vacuum? Everywhere these types of "laws" have been inacted have shown an increase in sexual predation. You think it's okay for someones 6 year old daughter to be naked from the lower half with men in the room taking a piddle in the next stall?

Have you never seen some of the sick crap out there? I'm not willing to "help" these predators because someone doesn't like their penis or wishes they had one.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:50 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,809 times
Default go ask alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
...and a woman can now don overalls and enter the men's room.

Or does that not concern you?
Not on this side of the looking glass.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:56 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
If it's not about "gay" rights...what IS it about?
Well it's certainly not going to be popular with the majority-- so I would surmise it's about protecting the rights of a different marginalized group

Quote:
What do you live in a vacuum?
I live in Vernon. While it kind of sucks it's not a vacuum.

Quote:
Everywhere these types of "laws" have been inacted have shown an increase in sexual predation.
I need to see the cross dressing rest room assault stats before I buy this.

Quote:
You think it's okay for someones 6 year old daughter to be naked from the lower half with men in the room taking a piddle in the next stall?
I see fathers bring their young daughters in to the men's room all the time. I've seen my brother do this on more than one occasion. Not sure how this is different except that cross gender people give you the creeps.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:00 PM

149 posts, read 357,823 times
Quote:
I honestly do not recognize my state any longer. Bathroom Bill HB6599 has passed commitee and the amendments asked for by the Family Institute of CT and several legislators were shot down.

So, basically any male can now claim to be "sexually unsure" toss on a dress and use the ladies room or join an all female gym. This is a sexual predators DREAM.

The amendment to have "transitioning" K through 5 teachers suspend until their "transition" was complete was shot down. So Kindergarteners will be subject to Mrs Jones morphing into Mr Jones. Great, I'm sure they are ready to deal with that at 5 years old.

Below is a play by play via Facebook from Peter Woflgang of the FIC who was the fly on the wall.
TR's amendment, which would have cured the bathroom part of the bill, voted down on an almost-straight party-line vote. Democrats WANT this to be the Bathroom Bill.

Committee just voted NO on amendment that would at least allow Boards of Ed to suspend "transitioning" K-5 teachers until they're done "transitioning." Judiciary Committee wants to expose small children even to THIS.

Committee voted down amendment to increase criminal penalty if sex predator uses transgender law to commit bathroom attacks.

Bill passed out of committee by wide margin. Linda, I have Albis voting no but my staffer says he voted yes. Will get clarification.
This state has gone mad. Absolutely mad.
Hey,

There are some regular places to live. Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Indiana...those places come to mind....however I must admit, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, California and Oregon are pretty weird too!

Old 04-05-2011, 07:28 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,871,858 times
Quote:
I honestly do not recognize my state any longer. Bathroom Bill HB6599 has passed commitee and the amendments asked for by the Family Institute of CT and several legislators were shot down.

So, basically any male can now claim to be "sexually unsure" toss on a dress and use the ladies room or join an all female gym.
Your posting here reminded me of one of my favorite commercials. LOL:

YouTube - Banned Ikea Commercial - Balls

Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glxyman21 View Post
I can't see how they would vote in favor of suspending someone for going through a sex change. A law like that is just a form of discrimination. People who commit to this type of thing dont just wake up a different sex. The change can take many years. Plus if they were to be suspended they would have to be paid..plus someone else to fill in so towns would pay twice for the same position and then people would complain again. Generally, most people wont even notice the difference as these people are already using opposite sex bathrooms and teaching.

People so screwed up that they decide to swap sexes probably shouldn't be teaching kids anything anyway. This law is discrimination, its discrimination against heterosexuals. Why not just make bathrooms sexually neutral if theyre not going to be sexually specific.

Quote:
If someone wants to rape someone, a law like this won't provide any new opportunity because there is nothing stopping them now from doing it.
Not rape no, but a pervert can just wear a skirt & waltz into the bathroom of his choice. Something like this couldn't be limited to staff so ANYBODY with acess to the school could do it as could any kid, unless its ok to discriminate against gay kids, just not gay grown ups.

Its beyond rediculous, men are men & women are women, regardless of who we sleep with or what clothes we wear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut