Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 04:20 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times

Advertisements

I honestly do not recognize my state any longer. Bathroom Bill HB6599 has passed commitee and the amendments asked for by the Family Institute of CT and several legislators were shot down.

So, basically any male can now claim to be "sexually unsure" toss on a dress and use the ladies room or join an all female gym. This is a sexual predators DREAM.

The amendment to have "transitioning" K through 5 teachers suspend until their "transition" was complete was shot down. So Kindergarteners will be subject to Mrs Jones morphing into Mr Jones. Great, I'm sure they are ready to deal with that at 5 years old.

Below is a play by play via Facebook from Peter Woflgang of the FIC who was the fly on the wall.
TR's amendment, which would have cured the bathroom part of the bill, voted down on an almost-straight party-line vote. Democrats WANT this to be the Bathroom Bill.

Committee just voted NO on amendment that would at least allow Boards of Ed to suspend "transitioning" K-5 teachers until they're done "transitioning." Judiciary Committee wants to expose small children even to THIS.

Committee voted down amendment to increase criminal penalty if sex predator uses transgender law to commit bathroom attacks.

Bill passed out of committee by wide margin. Linda, I have Albis voting no but my staffer says he voted yes. Will get clarification.
This state has gone mad. Absolutely mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,202,923 times
If San Francisco were a state, it would be Connecticut.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:30 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,414,674 times
Its not just this state, but it sure would be nice to be outside looking in instead of inside looking out.
Cant get a much more liberal definition of gender than letting it depend on the fashion of the day can you?

Never thought I'd see the day that a man ceased being a man just because he donned a dress. Its like we are striving to eliminate normalcy from the public arena. I wonder if transgender teenage boys will be allowed to shower with the girls after gym now? and why they cant if this actually gets signed. And people wonder why acceptance of deviancy should be avoided.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:33 PM

323 posts, read 634,004 times
Come one! What happened to CT being a conservative, "reasonable" state. Its in New England, for Christmas sake! Isn't this supposed to be the "uptight" area of the country?? Someone is trying to break down the values of this country. And they are doing it slowly but surely.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:33 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,436 times
...and a woman can now don overalls and enter the men's room.

Or does that not concern you?

Old 04-05-2011, 04:40 PM

173 posts, read 351,811 times
Default Please Get Your Facts Straight

Seems to me that a 5 year-old can probably handle this better than the folks who have posted so far.

96% of pedophiles are heterosexual and have no gender confusion. Pedophilia = sexual attraction to a minor who cannot consent. Transgender = an individual who believes they were born into the wrong-sex body. They have absolutely nothing to do with one another, contrary to what "Silence of the Lambs" might have suggested.

It takes a whole lot of courage in this society to be a man who dresses as a woman - they're one of the most frequent victims of violence, usually perpetrated by other men. I can assure you that unless we're talking about teenagers having a little fun with this and cross-dressing so they can race into a women's bathroom just to say they did, the transgender folk who want a bathroom that is consistent with their chosen gender will likely walk right past you without your ever noticing.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,005,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
...and a woman can now don overalls and enter the men's room.

Or does that not concern you?
Yes it does...but I don't know of too many men crying at the police station that they were raped by a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meglion View Post
Seems to me that a 5 year-old can probably handle this better than the folks who have posted so far.

96% of pedophiles are heterosexual and have no gender confusion. Pedophilia = sexual attraction to a minor who cannot consent. Transgender = an individual who believes they were born into the wrong-sex body. They have absolutely nothing to do with one another, contrary to what "Silence of the Lambs" might have suggested.

It takes a whole lot of courage in this society to be a man who dresses as a woman - they're one of the most frequent victims of violence, usually perpetrated by other men. I can assure you that unless we're talking about teenagers having a little fun with this and cross-dressing so they can race into a women's bathroom just to say they did, the transgender folk who want a bathroom that is consistent with their chosen gender will likely walk right past you without your ever noticing.
What part of this bill being exploited by heterosexual MALE sexual predators is not sinking in?

I don't think anyone is saying transgender people are predators by default or pedophiles. That is a red herring.

I also do not think it appropriate to subject young children to this via the public school system. What happened to the rights of the rest of us as well? You don't think watching a man transmorph into a "woman" is hard for a 5 year old to understand? That's crazy talk.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:55 PM

575 posts, read 3,132,329 times
I can't see how they would vote in favor of suspending someone for going through a sex change. A law like that is just a form of discrimination. People who commit to this type of thing dont just wake up a different sex. The change can take many years. Plus if they were to be suspended they would have to be paid..plus someone else to fill in so towns would pay twice for the same position and then people would complain again. Generally, most people wont even notice the difference as these people are already using opposite sex bathrooms and teaching.

If someone wants to rape someone, a law like this won't provide any new opportunity because there is nothing stopping them now from doing it.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:55 PM

83,516 posts, read 75,294,816 times
I thought laws were made to somehow in someway "protect" citizens or businesses. What or who is this new law protecting???

The problem is... there's not enough people like us who will smack and wake people up. We go about our own ways like robots in life.. 6.7 BILLION people...I'm starting to think we need a reset.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM

323 posts, read 634,004 times
That's what I mean. There is a reason for all of the criss-crossing of values, and mixing of the sexes. With everything going on in this country, THIS is what is being voted on, and actually getting thru the legislative branch of our government?? They are s l o w l y trying to make us except crazy things for some reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut