Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:14 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I'm still trying to figure out why there's this huge argument here and I'm not even sure which side to bat on

When I see a leak room, I take a leak and walk away. Other people don't do this?? They fight for their leaking rights?? Seriously? This thread has taken a comical turn and is quite entertaining. I love pissing contests.

Oh now, on to my long term doubts, if a woman were to cross dress and enter the men's room, will she be able to take a leak in the bowl standing up?? How does Pascal's law of fluids work here? LMAO, I'm aaaaaaaall ears.
If they pull up hard in a certain area- it works..do the math!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 08:17 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
What do you think this bill is going to do...reduce these types of crimes?
What's that got to do with the price of eggs?

The focus of this bill is not to reduce gang related rapes - the only correlation you have is that it occurred in a bathroom. It could have happened anywhere else. There are already laws in place that condemn actions like that no matter what room or place they occur. This bill has nothing to do with that.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:33 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,422,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I think it's ignorant to judge a whole state based on the opinions of a few posters on a message board. Just sayin'.
I'm not judging the state... I'm just surprised by the large amount of intolerance.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Sometimes things sound and look good from 900 miles away...but perhaps when social "theory" is actually lived out in real life you find it stinks to high hell.

You should take a trip to Hartford, Bridgeport or New Haven and see how those progressive ideas are working out.
It can't be too bad considering Connecticut is the richest state per capita in the nation.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:38 AM

323 posts, read 634,067 times
CT can be intolerant at times, and is getting to be a somewhat angry state. With all the new taxes and the state being in financial trouble, AND with all the minorities (eeeek!) (joke, haha) moving in, CT residents are getting a bit hot under the collar.

But, I'll say it again, why so much attention to this issue?

Old 04-07-2011, 08:52 AM

576 posts, read 1,219,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
There is way too much ignorance in this thread. It's surprising, too, considering it's Connecticut... I see more progressive thoughts where I live in Kentuckiana. Yikes.
Dont pay no attention to these posters LOL most CTers are open-minded

Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,447,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat456 View Post
CT can be intolerant at times, and is getting to be a somewhat angry state. With all the new taxes and the state being in financial trouble, AND with all the minorities (eeeek!) (joke, haha) moving in, CT residents are getting a bit hot under the collar.

But, I'll say it again, why so much attention to this issue?
The attention is from the fact that the government created a law about a very private issue that should not be categorized in broad ways.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:08 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
What's that got to do with the price of eggs?

The focus of this bill is not to reduce gang related rapes - the only correlation you have is that it occurred in a bathroom. It could have happened anywhere else. There are already laws in place that condemn actions like that no matter what room or place they occur. This bill has nothing to do with that.
So you think that a bill/law that can not be defined or enforced with any kind of clarity which allows men the ability to enter a womans bathroom, or join an all female gym or use the locker room with not have any affect on sexual assaults?

That's crazy talk.

Quote:
I'm not judging the state... I'm just surprised by the large amount of intolerance.
Yes we as a society are generally NOT TOLLERANT towards laws that give criminals a leg up, especially sexual predators. Sorry.

And yes I'm NOT TOLLERANT to a 6 year old girl using the bathroom next to a man in a dress.

Quote:
It can't be too bad considering Connecticut is the richest state per capita in the nation.
Those billionairs and heavy millionaires who make that figure what it is, surely didn't get there via social progressive policies. They are generally conservative capitalists.

Again, you really don't know what you are talking about. CT has the poorest and most dangerous cities in the nation. You should visit sometime and see how well liberalism works in our inner cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin85 View Post
The attention is from the fact that the government created a law about a very private issue that should not be categorized in broad ways.
"Laws passed should be enforceable. This bill is an enforcement nighmare. In the end, it all leads to unisex bathrooms."
Martha Dean former candidate for Attorney General.

Old 04-07-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Yes we as a society are generally NOT TOLLERANT towards laws that give criminals a leg up, especially sexual predators. Sorry.

And yes I'm NOT TOLLERANT to a 6 year old girl using the bathroom next to a man in a dress.
Yes. All transgender people are sex predators or "men in dresses". Yup. That's an educated opinion.

Quote:
Those billionairs and heavy millionaires who make that figure what it is, surely didn't get there via social progressive policies. They are generally conservative capitalists.

Again, you really don't know what you are talking about. CT has the poorest and most dangerous cities in the nation. You should visit sometime and see how well liberalism works in our inner cities.
Didn't you guys have a Republican for governor for 8 years? How'd that work out?

Old 04-07-2011, 04:40 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Yes. All transgender people are sex predators or "men in dresses". Yup. That's an educated opinion.
Are you dense? Nothing of the sort was said. Sexual predators will TAKE ADVANTAGE of this. Maybe in backwoods penciltucky you don't deal with this stuff, but here in the megalopolis you see things that would make a billygoat puke.

Quote:
Didn't you guys have a Republican for governor for 8 years? How'd that work out?
For the cities? Quite well actually. Rowland did more for the cities than any sitting Governor in decades. That's just factual. His successor got in by default and was a HUGE RINO.

Last edited by JViello; 04-07-2011 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut