Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 10:57 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,417,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic_Avalon View Post
Tin^ are you from Connecticut?

ps: I'm not confused... nobody normal, no such thing as normal person.

Yup, I'm from CT & still live in CT, other than the political climate I like it here.

Am I to understand that your opinion is that nothing is normal & therefore anything goes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 AM

576 posts, read 1,219,217 times
^ not all Trannies are homosexual... I knew one straight guy that was going into a sex changed and he claimed to be a lady as a lesbian.

ps: No, i'm saying a person is not always normal, mentally.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Who are you referring to as "confused people?"
People who cant figure out whats normal sexually, in this case.

Quote:
Hey, I'm engaged to my bf so I guess you'll go ahead oppose that.
Nah, I dont worry much over it. Its not like I write legislators or march on the capitol. I simply give my opinion when asked. I have gay friends & there is no hostility involved, I openly express myself to them if they ask & they do the same. So far only one of them has bothered getting "married".

Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 AM

Quote:
^ not all Trannies are homosexual... I knew one straight guy that was going into a sex changed and he claimed to be a lady as a lesbian.

ps: No, i'm saying a person is not always normal, mentally.

Yeah, that guys not confused is he? lol. I know a woman just like that.
She was a married man, had a sex change & kept the wife. Try to figure that one out. I mean, if the guy was born gay why did he marry a woman?
If he was born gay & married a woman before deciding he was gay, then why did he choose to become a lesbian after the sex change? Maybe he was born a lesbian in a mans body, but if his wife was born a lesbian then why did she marry a man? If she was born hetero then how could she switch like that, IF people are born gay I mean?

I really feel for these people, but I dont think the answer lies in acceptance of their denial.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
People who cant figure out whats normal sexually, in this case.
I took a human sexuality course in college. The one thing that sticks out in memory that "normal" sexuality is a very broad spectrum. There is a lot of activity that is much more common than most people imagine. A lot goes on within 2 standard deviations of the mean (statistical normal).

I think society benefits from not demonizing any sexuality that is between consenting adults. Private religious organizations may do as they which, but the government should be neutral in such matters.

That having ben said, again, the discussion here is not about sexuality it's about gender identity. People who cross dress and people who have gender reassignment surgery have a range of sexual behavior, most of which falls in the normal category.

Normal is not just "what I do and accept."

Old 04-12-2011, 11:21 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,221,057 times
Quote:
I mean, if the guy was born gay why did he marry a woman?
Without offending you, this happens because of people who think like you do; who reject homosexuality and view it as a choice, wrong and unnatural. Society says to marry someone of the opposite sex, buy a house, buy a dog, and have kids. Forcing someone into a lifestyle that goes against the way God made them is what's unnatural.

Quote:
If he was born gay & married a woman before deciding he was gay, then why did he choose to become a lesbian after the sex change? Maybe he was born a lesbian in a mans body, but if his wife was born a lesbian then why did she marry a man? If she was born hetero then how could she switch like that, IF people are born gay I mean?

I really feel for these people, but I dont think the answer lies in acceptance of their denial.
And this is where I refer to my post on the other page: Don't confuse confused people with homosexuals. They are entirely different.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:23 AM

576 posts, read 1,219,217 times
Quote:
Yeah, that guys not confused is he? lol. I know a woman just like that.
She was a married man, had a sex change & kept the wife. Try to figure that one out. I mean, if the guy was born gay why did he marry a woman?

Not sure if that guy was confused or not, some people are born with more feminine personality. Everybody is different, my personality is pretty feminine but I appear masculine to a lot of people, actually. I use to hate how I approach femininity or the way I talk (gay stereotype voice), but that was the time of my gay-denial...

I know that people can be self-denial, and then one day accept that they are gay and thats the way they come out the closet. I been there. I know people who already accept the fact that they are gay, but then they force themselves to please families and friends. I knew a gay guy who married a lady for 30 years all because he wanted to make his parent proud. I feel very sad for those kind of people who wasted their life away like that!

Straight people just cant understand how homosexual go through. Like we do not know what exactly a straight-men feels.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:27 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,221,057 times
Quote:
Straight people just cant understand how homosexual go through. Like we do not know what exactly a straight-men feels.
I can. I watched what my best friend from childhood went through. He's not feminine. He played lots of sports. He had girlfriends. When his last girlfriend spread information about his "performance" (or lack of), he finally had no choice. He was depressed, cried, talked to counselors to try and turn himself straight. In the end, he realized that it's who he is.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I agree with you that if someone wants a gun, they're going to get it. What I'm not finding are stats the prove what you're saying. Your reasoning hardly makes sense. Nothing in the crime stats released by the FBI say that people have been victimized due to a waiting period. IMO you're taking stats and speculating, thus forming an irrational opinion.
I'm not speculating. FBI stats exist pertaining to shootings in all the states. Since ours are not noticably lower than states without a waiting period its fair to say our waiting period is useless as a deterrent.
On the other hand you are right if you are saying theres no stats about people killed waiting out a waiting period. But it has hapenned & thats a shame right there, that a feel good law cost even one life. If I have time I'll see if I can dig up the cases I'v read of.

Quote:
THOSE people are confused. Don't confuse confused people with true homosexuals. Fact is, suicide IS higher among homosexuals - that's a fact. Even the right wing addresses that, though they put a spin on their reasons for it: Barber: Suicide Rate High Among Gay Youth Because They Know "What They Are Doing Is Unnatural, Is Wrong, Is Immoral" | Right Wing Watch
I'd suggest that while some people just might be born gay, theyre still confused if they think that makes it normal or the equivilent, other than emotionally, of a heterosexual couple.

Quote:
I'll agree with you that, sure, it's abnormal by your definition and examples. But I won't agree that it's unnatural.
I didn't say its un natural. Theres all sorts of "natural" things we recognize as abnormal.

Quote:
How do homosexuals have more rights? They can't marry legally in most states - that's having more rights? How exactly are you offended by two guys or to ladies getting married? On average, one out of ten folks are homosexual. At a ratio of 9:1, claims of being offended is just an excuse for intolerance.
They have the right to use the womans room now even if they have male equipment, the rest of us dont. They have the right to marry a member of the same sex to get insurance or other bennies that come with marriage, the rest of us dont. Or would it be ok for two heterosexual men to get married only to gain the perks provided to help married couples cope with the realities of raising a family?

I dont know that I buy the 10% statistic.
I'm not offended by gay couples, but I am offended by the idea that a gay couple is the same as a married hetero couple. It should be obvious that heterosexual couples are a very important thing. They are why we are all here. Mateing isn't about making your willy feel good, its about the perpetuation of the species, I'm not sure if ANYTHING can be more important.
I am offended by the concept of a man, any man, being free to go to the bathroom alongside my wife or mother.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Not sure if that guy was confused or not, some people are born with more feminine personality. Everybody is different, my personality is pretty feminine but I appear masculine to a lot of people, actually. I use to hate how I approach femininity or the way I talk (gay stereotype voice), but that was the time of my gay-denial...

I know that people can be self-denial, and then one day accept that they are gay and thats the way they come out the closet. I been there. I know people who already accept the fact that they are gay, but then they force themselves to please families and friends. I knew a gay guy who married a lady for 30 years all because he wanted to make his parent proud. I feel very sad for those kind of people who wasted their life away like that!

I agree with everything you just wrote. It sounds like you accept who you are & are fine with it. Thats a fantastic thing! Its what I think we should be promoting. Theres nothing "wrong" with being gay, its just different than being heterosexual. If its different its not the same. I use the term normal alot because it provokes discussion, but I thouroughly understand that "normal" to a gay person is not "normal" to a hetero. We are different, its only a big deal when I'm being forced to treat it as if it were normal to me, its not.

But when speaking of "Normal" in a biological sense, as we should IMO if talking about people or society in general, I find little room to entertain this discrepency.

I'm sure its not easy to grow up a gay person or even live as a gay adult. But I'd think it would be easier without all the fanfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut