Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2011, 06:38 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,002,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If someone is worried about sex offenders every time they enter a public rest room that IS paranoid.

Last night I went to the opening night of the New Britain Rock Cats. Had to use the public restroom twice. (Too much root beer). Didn't think about the criminal background of, or the criminal potential of anyone else who was in there. I peed, washed my hands and left...
Hey I walked across a dark parking lot last night and didn't get mugged. I guess there is no need to worry about that anymore.

You are a man, and the law has not gone into effect yet. Some women might think a little different than you on this subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 07:55 AM

83,510 posts, read 75,269,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Hey I walked across a dark parking lot last night and didn't get mugged. I guess there is no need to worry about that anymore.
Better one: I left my car running and doors open while going into a store, car didn't get stolen... I guess I dont have to worry about that anymore... I got an idea.. lets make a law where people are allowed to go inside your car to shut it off for you. Isn't it amazing how some people fail to see past the tunnel they are in?

Old 04-16-2011, 06:14 PM

1,844 posts, read 2,423,231 times
This is a consequence of state government gone mad. Every regulation spawns its own regulatory apparatus. The apparatchiks have to do something to justify their jobs. So they spin their wheels and make life unbearable for the rest of us. The only freedom remaining in CT is to vote with your feet. The majority now who vote their pocketbooks are the public sector, who must keep the tax spigot turned on all the way to ensure their salaries. There is no reversing this trend. The flywheel is now being turned by people whose interest is served by more regulation and more taxation.

I don't know when it all turned, but you are right. The state was formerly fiscally responsible and socially conservative. There seems to be a general delusion that this global post industrial decline cannot possibly affect CT. Whereas, what I see are lower salaries, fewer real opportunities, and even a dearth of possibilities with which to hang on.

Now that your eyes are opened, what are you going to do? If you are among the last to leave, you'll have a hard time getting rid of your house at a price that will allow you to start over.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:07 PM

4 posts, read 5,073 times
Okay, I just happened to stumble across this thread after doing a Google search and I had to chime in.

I am eighteen years old and I am a male-to-female transgender. I have been for about three years now and I hope to start taking hormones soon. I wear girl's clothes in public and I stuff a bra to make it appear as though I have breasts. And you know what? It works. No one ever questions me on my gender. I may have a bit of a mannish figure (i.e. shoulders, facial structure) but I seem to have enough of a feminine figure to pass as female.

I used to have a job at a movie theater, before I really knew this about myself. Once it started to sink in, I became worse at my job. Mostly because I worked in customer service and had to experience being called "Sir" on a regular basis. It greatly depressed me every day, culminating in a meltdown that inevitably resulted in my termination. And I couldn't have been happier to not be working there anymore. The managers were very transphobic and offensive to me.

But I digress. Since then, I've kicked my transitioning into high-gear. I got rid of all of my boys clothes, replaced them all with girls clothes, grew my hair longer (to the middle of my back), gave it a darker, more feminine color, finally started getting therapy, and ultimately changed my name. And it was the best decision I've ever made. I haven't been mistaken for male in months. Every store clerk calls me "Ma'am", every chivalrous man holds the door for me, and my boyfriend is straight. (We have not consummated our relationship for obvious reasons, but that's a story for another time.)

So I ask you people, strictly from a social standpoint, what makes me any less of a girl than the women I pass by in the girl's room?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:51 PM

720 posts, read 1,709,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
I guess it's just not a big deal for me. In college, the hall bathrooms weren't segregated; the urinal had a half-wall so guys could do their thing without being ogled, the stall had a door, the shower was to the side and also had a door. You could have a gay man, a lesbian, a straight man, and a woman, and a transsexual in there all at the same time and no one really gave a damn. They weren't going there to have sex. They were going there to pee, crap, take a shower, use the mirror to apply makeup.
Why I'm so glad I went to college in the 70's.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:24 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,421,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateWithKestrels View Post
Okay, I just happened to stumble across this thread after doing a Google search and I had to chime in.

I am eighteen years old and I am a male-to-female transgender. I have been for about three years now and I hope to start taking hormones soon. I wear girl's clothes in public and I stuff a bra to make it appear as though I have breasts. And you know what? It works. No one ever questions me on my gender. I may have a bit of a mannish figure (i.e. shoulders, facial structure) but I seem to have enough of a feminine figure to pass as female.

I used to have a job at a movie theater, before I really knew this about myself. Once it started to sink in, I became worse at my job. Mostly because I worked in customer service and had to experience being called "Sir" on a regular basis. It greatly depressed me every day, culminating in a meltdown that inevitably resulted in my termination. And I couldn't have been happier to not be working there anymore. The managers were very transphobic and offensive to me.

But I digress. Since then, I've kicked my transitioning into high-gear. I got rid of all of my boys clothes, replaced them all with girls clothes, grew my hair longer (to the middle of my back), gave it a darker, more feminine color, finally started getting therapy, and ultimately changed my name. And it was the best decision I've ever made. I haven't been mistaken for male in months. Every store clerk calls me "Ma'am", every chivalrous man holds the door for me, and my boyfriend is straight. (We have not consummated our relationship for obvious reasons, but that's a story for another time.)

So I ask you people, strictly from a social standpoint, what makes me any less of a girl than the women I pass by in the girl's room?
Besides the hormones, therapy, and surgery you'll need to complete the process? Nothing at all. What does your boyfriend have to say about it? Anyway, I don't think there needed to be a law for this. The whole thing is idiotic.

Old 05-04-2011, 05:20 PM

811 posts, read 1,738,436 times
When did they find time to debate and vote on this issue? Did we recover all the jobs we lost yet? Did they find a way to not raise our taxes yet? The issue I have with our lawmakers most is their priorities are not in line with many of the people that put them into office.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jviello View Post
i honestly do not recognize my state any longer. Bathroom bill hb6599 has passed commitee and the amendments asked for by the family institute of ct and several legislators were shot down.

So, basically any male can now claim to be "sexually unsure" toss on a dress and use the ladies room or join an all female gym. This is a sexual predators dream.

The amendment to have "transitioning" k through 5 teachers suspend until their "transition" was complete was shot down. So kindergarteners will be subject to mrs jones morphing into mr jones. Great, i'm sure they are ready to deal with that at 5 years old.

Below is a play by play via facebook from peter woflgang of the fic who was the fly on the wall.
tr's amendment, which would have cured the bathroom part of the bill, voted down on an almost-straight party-line vote. Democrats want this to be the bathroom bill.

Committee just voted no on amendment that would at least allow boards of ed to suspend "transitioning" k-5 teachers until they're done "transitioning." judiciary committee wants to expose small children even to this.

Committee voted down amendment to increase criminal penalty if sex predator uses transgender law to commit bathroom attacks.

Bill passed out of committee by wide margin. Linda, i have albis voting no but my staffer says he voted yes. Will get clarification.
this state has gone mad. Absolutely mad.
the bill of epic fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW THIS IS JUST WRONG

Old 05-09-2011, 08:34 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,951,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateWithKestrels View Post

Not on me Unlike most men I can spot a fake from miles away I can tell when boobs are fake and frankly I dont think stuffing ur bra is a funny joke its blatant dishonesty wait till u grow boobs

Old 05-10-2011, 06:52 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,002,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
Not on me Unlike most men I can spot a fake from miles away I can tell when boobs are fake and frankly I dont think stuffing ur bra is a funny joke its blatant dishonesty wait till u grow boobs
A man will never be a woman. Period. I don't care what you stuff, cut off, shoot up with...not happening.

Example: A man's ring finger is longer than his index finger, and a womans is not. That happened in the womb. Are you going to shrink your fingers now?

Women have wider hips. Men do not. Unless your's packing on silicone "enhancements" or have your pelvis surgically modified, the difference is obvious.

So I agree it's super easy to know a man in drag. We are built different for differnet purposes. This is not hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut