Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 08:36 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,014,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Let's try it again, since you are selecting which part you want to focus on, I'll select which part actually matters:
Quote:
JViello:
ELSE IF Joe's Diner has a men's room and a women's room, and CHOOSES not to make special accommodations for Andy-LynnTHEN Joe's Diner must accept that when Andy-Lynn has to pee, Andy-Lynn will be picking one or the other to pee in, and Joe's Diner has to just live with it.
Aaaand the end result is a man is in the ladies room.

Can we move on now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 09:10 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,798,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Aaaand the end result is a man is in the ladies room.

Can we move on now?
No, the result is a woman with a penis in the ladies' room. Which is obviously disturbing to you. I'm not sure why - there's nothing preventing men from going into the ladies' room currently except good manners.

I just don't see the big deal. Predators are MOST OFTEN people known to the families and MOST OFTEN NOT strangers. So that is a non-issue.

If it's just that you feel women shouldn't have to see penises, well there aren't any urinals in womens' rooms; they have stalls, with doors. So that would also be a non-issue. If you feel men shouldn't be watching women pee, those doors pretty much eliminate that problem, unless the guy like, climbs on a step stool to peek over the door. In which case, it isn't because a man was allowed in the bathroom, it's because some sicko did something he wasn't supposed to do.

I guess it's just not a big deal for me. In college, the hall bathrooms weren't segregated; the urinal had a half-wall so guys could do their thing without being ogled, the stall had a door, the shower was to the side and also had a door. You could have a gay man, a lesbian, a straight man, and a woman, and a transsexual in there all at the same time and no one really gave a damn. They weren't going there to have sex. They were going there to pee, crap, take a shower, use the mirror to apply makeup.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
No, the result is a woman with a penis in the ladies' room.
LOL I didn't have to read any further... LOL

Old 04-14-2011, 10:25 AM

5,064 posts, read 15,906,622 times
Quote:
Instead of men & women...

Penis & No-Penis.

And of course they'd all be handicap-accessible.

If you have one, you go to THIS bathroom. No matter what gender you identify with.
If you don't have one, you go to THAT bathroom. No matter what gender you identify with.
No more men and women's rooms, at all, because clearly the obsession isn't with what gender they are, but what equipment they possess.
But what about people with both a penis and a vagina, there is a small minority of people with both. Now you are discriminating against them. Oh wait, that isn't true, they can just choose either bathroom. So we've got all the bases covered in Ct. Will bathroom attendants be necessary so someone can prove they have the right equipment for the right bathroom?

Quote:
No, the result is a woman with a penis in the ladies' room. Which is obviously disturbing to you. I'm not sure why -
Okay, I'm trying to eat my lunch and I nearly choked when I read that. Label me with whatever name you want, but if I were to see a penis on a woman, I would be faintly disturbed. LOL

Old 04-14-2011, 11:36 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,798,125 times
And the only way you'd know, is if you looked over the bathroom stall door. Which would make YOU the disturbed person, not the woman with the penis.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:36 PM

83,542 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Quote:
The restaurant is not required to let men use the women's room. The restaurant CAN have just one bathroom, with one stall, one toilet, one sink - and if they do, they must allow ANY customer to use it. Regardless of their gender, gender identity, age, race, disability status etc. etc.
Not to keep this thread going but skimming through some posts I had to reply to this... Usually a single bathroom WILL HAVE A LOCK ON IT and nobody can come in! .. unless invited. lol
-----------
But its impossible for young children and women to safely determine whether or not the man — dressed as a woman — is a peeping tom, a rapist or a pedophile; And to permit such a scenario to legally exist is unconscionable and an inviting disaster. Period.

If people dont at least agree with that, no matter who you are, then I am truely sorry for them.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Not to keep this thread going but skimming through some posts I had to reply to this... Usually a single bathroom WILL HAVE A LOCK ON IT and nobody can come in! .. unless invited. lol
-----------
But its impossible for young children and women to safely determine whether or not the man — dressed as a woman — is a peeping tom, a rapist or a pedophile; And to permit such a scenario to legally exist is unconscionable and an inviting disaster. Period.

If people dont at least agree with that, no matter who you are, then I am truely sorry for them.
No no...you just want to see cross dressors get bludgeoned to a blood pulp but are not man enough to do it yourself.

You also hate gays, are homophobic and paranoid.

That's about the jist of the other sides argument in this thread.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:26 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
It is imposible to safely determine whether anyone, in the majority of public situations is a peeping tom, a rapist or a pedophile....

Perhaps we should all just cower at home?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:31 AM

Quote:
No no...you just want to see cross dressors get bludgeoned to a blood pulp but are not man enough to do it yourself.

You also hate gays, are homophobic and paranoid.

That's about the jist of the other sides argument in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Perhaps we should all just cower at home?

Old 04-15-2011, 06:34 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
If someone is worried about sex offenders every time they enter a public rest room that IS paranoid.

Last night I went to the opening night of the New Britain Rock Cats. Had to use the public restroom twice. (Too much root beer). Didn't think about the criminal background of, or the criminal potential of anyone else who was in there. I peed, washed my hands and left...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut