Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 05:46 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,014,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
You know, JViello, I'd have more respect if you just said that you object to transgendered people and the idea of transgenderism on religious grounds (or whatever), and so anything that helps them in any way -- i.e. the purpose of this law -- is automatically something to which you're opposed. I still wouldn't agree, but at least it'd be more honest than this nonsense about bathrooms.

(And it is complete nonsense -- there's zero room for discussion about that.)
If that were the case, I most certainly would say so, but in this case it's not. Are my core values shaped by my core beliefs? Of course, so are yours so are everyone else's. Do you look past your core beliefs sometimes in the public realm? I hope so. I know I do.

I'm not a statist, I don't want to ban homosexual marriage. On the flip side, I don't want the state involved with marriage at all. It's not their business.

Same wit this law. The state has no grounds to legislate morality on either front. It's not their place.

You getting my mindset now? This isn't about me, it's about common sense. Men should not be using the ladies room and ladies should not be in the mens room. There is no such thing as gender neutral. And the fact that this law has so many unintended ramifications Nor is it enforceable to any degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Something like people with the right equipment walking into a bathroom can't be enforced anyway.
Exactly! So why have the law in the first place if it CAN'T be enforced?

And if you might, tell me why the liberal legislators (Just a fact) all voted AGAINST and amendment that would charge a sexual predator taking advantage of this law with a class D felony vs a class B misdemeanor?

Why? Who are they protecting by shooting down that amendment?

There is more to this than you realize, and that's what many of us have problems with. Bad law is bad law.

You don't live here, and you spend most of your time just debating in the religion and controversy forums. This is a local issue, so unless you plan on moving here, I'm not sure of your motive other than to be in another "debate".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
I have to see almost everyday the woman next door walking all the time behind her husband in public. She is angloamerican and hi is a London britt ! Evidently to my eyes she is psicologically abused and mind controlled by her brit husband. What is worse? A confused man peeing in a ladies room or an abusive britt husband in America to his submissive american wife?
I like pizza.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2011, 07:44 AM

83,542 posts, read 75,390,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Calzadilla View Post
In the Roman times, everybody wore a toga to go everywhere and everybody were naked in the gyms and it was 2,000 years ago. I do not see anything wrong with that XX centuries after we have to worrie about a confused man peeing in the ladies room.
? In Roman times punishment for crimes was more severe so you can assure less crimes would happen. Now you rape, molest, or expose yourself and you get a slap on the wrist, community service, and your free to go. Or better yet.. now a days laws are made to welcome crimes such as this one..

Who and why would anyone defend this law continues to prove my theory that human dna has gone wrong.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:26 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
If that were the case, I most certainly would say so, but in this case it's not. Are my core values shaped by my core beliefs? Of course, so are yours so are everyone else's. Do you look past your core beliefs sometimes in the public realm? I hope so. I know I do.

I'm not a statist, I don't want to ban homosexual marriage. On the flip side, I don't want the state involved with marriage at all. It's not their business.

Same wit this law. The state has no grounds to legislate morality on either front. It's not their place.

You getting my mindset now? This isn't about me, it's about common sense. Men should not be using the ladies room and ladies should not be in the mens room. There is no such thing as gender neutral. And the fact that this law has so many unintended ramifications Nor is it enforceable to any degree.

Exactly! So why have the law in the first place if it CAN'T be enforced?

And if you might, tell me why the liberal legislators (Just a fact) all voted AGAINST and amendment that would charge a sexual predator taking advantage of this law with a class D felony vs a class B misdemeanor?

Why? Who are they protecting by shooting down that amendment?

There is more to this than you realize, and that's what many of us have problems with. Bad law is bad law.

You don't live here, and you spend most of your time just debating in the religion and controversy forums. This is a local issue, so unless you plan on moving here, I'm not sure of your motive other than to be in another "debate".

I like pizza.

I got married in CT and I'm planning on going to CT in a few weeks. I don't live in CT but I do visit periodically and it is important to know what's going on in all states because as it happens, there tends to be a great variation of laws regarding same-sex marriage and gender laws and so knowing what's going on in all states helps give an idea of what may happen in the future. I'm married in CT but single in NC, and in MD my marriage is recognized but I couldn't get remarried in MD. I may be spending the summer in MA where my marriage is legally recognized. The only way I can keep up is by keeping track of all the states, not just my own! I need to know where my marriage is recognized and where my gender identity is legally protected since it varies from state to state.

Why have laws that enforce gender for bathrooms if those can't be enforced anyway either?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Now you rape, molest, or expose yourself and you get a slap on the wrist, community service, and your free to go
Just want to correct a point here. Sentences, nationwide, for sex crimes have been increased significantly over the last 15 years. Watching the news is enough to know that rapists, child molesters and the like are not getting probated sentences frequently at all.

Old 04-11-2011, 10:56 AM

576 posts, read 1,219,781 times
\like only guys in the bathroom... i'm gay hello maybe it can cause problem for gay men having a lady in there LMFAO and I know women likes gay men they'll do anything to tried to rape us... back off girlfriend

Old 04-11-2011, 12:35 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,014,152 times
Quote:
I got married in CT and I'm planning on going to CT in a few weeks. I don't live in CT but I do visit periodically and it is important to know what's going on in all states because as it happens, there tends to be a great variation of laws regarding same-sex marriage and gender laws and so knowing what's going on in all states helps give an idea of what may happen in the future. I'm married in CT but single in NC, and in MD my marriage is recognized but I couldn't get remarried in MD. I may be spending the summer in MA where my marriage is legally recognized. The only way I can keep up is by keeping track of all the states, not just my own! I need to know where my marriage is recognized and where my gender identity is legally protected since it varies from state to state.

Why have laws that enforce gender for bathrooms if those can't be enforced anyway either?
Fair enough...

As to your last point, I think we can tell the difference between men and woman. The few "benders" that get by are not the problem here, and that's the whole point.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Fair enough...

As to your last point, I think we can tell the difference between men and woman. The few "benders" that get by are not the problem here, and that's the whole point.
I know several trans people that pass very well and get mistaken as biological women and biological men regularly. You can't always tell. Even I've been mistaken for a man and had people completely convinced I was male even though I'm lesbian and not FTM.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:11 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,419,943 times
Quote:
I know several trans people that pass very well and get mistaken as biological women and biological men regularly. You can't always tell. Even I've been mistaken for a man and had people completely convinced I was male even though I'm lesbian and not FTM.

For those people I'd imagine its a non issue, if you look like & pass for a woman nobody is going to stop you from useing the ladies room. This law can only be directed at those who obviously are male or female but want to use the opposite sex bathroom without fear of reprisals.
On another note I oppose the concept of same sex marriage but think its irrelevant to this discussion, outside of the fact of it being another case of homosexuals seeking special treatment.
Women, or men, shouldn't have to worry about surprises in public rest rooms. This is simply another case of a small group of confused people shoving their issues down everyones throat instead of dealing with it themselves. Kinda like paraplegics lobbying for removal of all urinals in order to eliminate upright urination so that they could feel normal.

Perhaps we need to stop putting "men" & "woman" signs up & instead switch to pictures of a penis or vagina.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:20 AM

21,631 posts, read 31,231,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
On another note I oppose the concept of same sex marriage but think its irrelevant to this discussion, outside of the fact of it being another case of homosexuals seeking special treatment.
Relevant or not, you opened a can of worms.

I'd agree with you if marriage was only recognized by religions and not the state. Since the government set the standard of recognition, it should apply to all human beings. What I've noticed is that many people who are against gay marriage are those who dislike homosexuality and deep down, want to restrict their rights at any cost.

It's hardly special treatment. It's equality.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 AM

576 posts, read 1,219,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
For those people I'd imagine its a non issue, if you look like & pass for a woman nobody is going to stop you from useing the ladies room. This law can only be directed at those who obviously are male or female but want to use the opposite sex bathroom without fear of reprisals.
Women, or men, shouldn't have to worry about surprises in public rest rooms. This is simply another case of a small group of confused people shoving their issues down everyones throat instead of dealing with it themselves. Kinda like paraplegics lobbying for removal of all urinals in order to eliminate upright urination so that they could feel normal.

Perhaps we need to stop putting "men" & "woman" signs up & instead switch to pictures of a penis or vagina.
Who are you referring to as "confused people?"

Hey, I'm engaged to my bf so I guess you'll go ahead oppose that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut