Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 AM

21,629 posts, read 31,221,057 times

Advertisements

I decided to give Motorola another shot and get the Droid X. Like all previous Motorolas I've had, this one is sluggish and takes forever to load things. I often have to "force close" apps.

I can't wait to get the iPhone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 11:20 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,010,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
Just went back to T-mobile a few day ago. Loved the Iphone, but ATT's service... holy cow! Still not used to Android..I hate it. The list of things I dislike about Android is so long.
But, I pay 40 bucks a month less, and I have 4G, AND no more dropped called all the time. I'll have to suck it up.
Hmmm, what phone do you have? I didn't notice that drastic of a change. Gained some here, lost some there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkiv808 View Post
Going from iPhone to Android is a slight loss in usability IMO, but keep in mind that Android is slightly different on every phone. No 2 Android phones have the exact same OS.
Exactly. Most companies have software overlays on top of the Andriod and frankly some of them suck. (Motoblur, Sense etc) IMHO T-Mobile and HTC have done a much better job than Verizon/Motorola in that regard. Well, at least on the new HTC G2.

Android is now the largest selling platform for mobile devices, so I think it's going to be interesting to see what the future brings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
I decided to give Motorola another shot and get the Droid X. Like all previous Motorolas I've had, this one is sluggish and takes forever to load things. I often have to "force close" apps.

I can't wait to get the iPhone.
Really? Wow. My 1st gen Motorola Droid started showing it's age the past 6 months, but I never had it crash or have to forceclose on me.

My new G2 with the Snapdragon processor flat out screams, and I havn't rooted and overclocked the phone. Compared to even the Droid 2 it's much quicker. I use the crap out of my phone as we have gone 100% cloud based in the office including landline phone service. I invoice and print off right from it, process CC payments, and all that syncs real time with the office software which is again, cloud based, we do scheduling, tech tracking etc etc all without a single drive or server loaded up in a closet. Love it! It has revolutionized my business on many fronts.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:47 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,010,973 times
A quick video highlighting some of the voice features in the Droid I was talking about...and believe me this is just scratching the surface.

YouTube - Voice Actions On The T-Mobile G2 With Google

http://youtu.be/0L_IhqGcRM8

KidYankee, this is what I was talking about on the G2 processor. F'n thing rocks.

YouTube - Battle of the Speed Demons: T-Mobile G2 versus Epic 4G

Old 05-06-2011, 04:36 PM

415 posts, read 449,861 times
LG G2x... horrible OS... Still, each phone is almost the same. The differences between the Android phones are not that big.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:52 PM

811 posts, read 1,739,597 times
Forgot to mention that I also use my phone as a storage device. I usually bring my cable with me to work to charge the phone from the pc via usb cable. It also allows me to use the phone as a drive and store stuff on there so I can carry things on the phone to and from work.

However you can also use the dropbox app to sync things between multiple computers and your phone. I like to keep my resume on there for one thing just in case. Whenever I edit it and save it in my drobox, the newest version is automatically synced to all computers associated to my account so I always have access to my files wherever I am.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:50 AM

83,529 posts, read 75,355,132 times
After reading the posts here, I've decided to take the advice of sticking with Sprint, not paying the early termination and just upgrading the phone. Hopefully they will one day resolve the issue and withdraw their fee raise to ESPN and Weather Channel for providing text alerts.

I'm going to go look at these 2 today and feel them out.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:14 AM

2,256 posts, read 4,499,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
After reading the posts here, I've decided to take the advice of sticking with Sprint, not paying the early termination and just upgrading the phone. Hopefully they will one day resolve the issue and withdraw their fee raise to ESPN and Weather Channel for providing text alerts.

I'm going to go look at these 2 today and feel them out.
Like I said earlier, I love my evo 4g. I did hear from a sprint store rep that they liked the normal evo much more than the shift. Dont know why or if that was just salesmanship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut