Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 05:46 AM

2,643 posts, read 2,625,561 times

Advertisements

It's been a while since I took the train in on Saturday. Will parking be a problem? Is it still allowed on weekends, if you don't have a pass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 08:30 AM

56 posts, read 141,923 times
Hope this helps!

Rail Commuter Information, Parking Permit and Wait Lists Summary for the Town of Fairfield, CT

[SIZE=4]"Day Parking[/SIZE]
[LEFT]Day parking is permitted in designated areas in front of the train station. Cost is $6.00 a day. A self addressed payment envelope will be placed on the car's windshield. Click here to pay for day parking online.
After 9:00am day parking is permitted in any open parking spot. Cost is $6.00 a day. A self addressed payment envelope will be placed on the car's windshield.
Payment for day parking may be made online. For more information, click here. For login and registration, click here.
Overnight parking if you don't have a permit is permitted in day parking only. Three (3) day maximum.
Parking is free on Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays only."

[/LEFT]

Old 09-19-2011, 08:31 AM

462 posts, read 737,442 times
You do not need a permit for the weekend.

8500 people now on the waiting list...and this town does nothing about it. What joke. It literally grew faster than the new train station lot will reduce it.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:40 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,980,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTJayC View Post
You do not need a permit for the weekend.

8500 people now on the waiting list...and this town does nothing about it. What joke. It literally grew faster than the new train station lot will reduce it.
No, there are 4,278 people on the list for parking at Fairfield Station and there are 4,251 on the list for Southport Station. Many of these are the same people on both lists. The wait is listed as 77 months for Fairfield and 76 months for Southport. Jay

Old 09-19-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
No, there are 4,278 people on the list for parking at Fairfield Station and there are 4,251 on the list for Southport Station. Many of these are the same people on both lists. The wait is listed as 77 months for Fairfield and 76 months for Southport. Jay
And that fact that you don't find that INSANE, is why I will never understand people like you.

You could get a boat slip in this town, send you kid to college, get a PHD, pay off a car, etc....before you get a parking pass at the train station in the town you live in. Well, the town I live in that is.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:25 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times
Quote:
And that fact that you don't find that INSANE, is why I will never understand people like you.

You could get a boat slip in this town, send you kid to college, get a PHD, pay off a car, etc....before you get a parking pass at the train station in the town you live in. Well, the town I live in that is.
Yes, it is a ridiculous problem. At the same time, what is the proposed solution? Pave over and stripe half of downtown? Westport has similar waits... I get dropped off by my other half when I go in to the city.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Yes, it is a ridiculous problem. At the same time, what is the proposed solution? Pave over and stripe half of downtown? Westport has similar waits... I get dropped off by my other half when I go in to the city.
Parking garage, either at the currents station, or at the brand new one. Why not garage at the new station? Afraid of what else we'll dig up over there building it? How about just a massive 10,000 car lot at the new station? Plenty of real estate. Nothing but abandoned office space over there.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:25 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,625,561 times
Is the lot anywhere near full on Saturdays?

Old 09-19-2011, 10:01 PM

680 posts, read 1,576,466 times
Quote:
Parking garage, either at the currents station, or at the brand new one. Why not garage at the new station? Afraid of what else we'll dig up over there building it? How about just a massive 10,000 car lot at the new station? Plenty of real estate. Nothing but abandoned office space over there.
And crowd the entire town streets with commuter cars in the morning? You will need to build 10 lane streets to prevent the parking garage from jamming lol.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konig1985 View Post
And crowd the entire town streets with commuter cars in the morning? You will need to build 10 lane streets to prevent the parking garage from jamming lol.
It's already jammed up. They refuse to fix that light across from the starbucks, and the traffic backs all the way up to the station. It couldn't get any worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut