Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 10:21 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,242,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
So it's normal that we have gotten zero rain, no storms and almost 70 degree weather all October and into early November?

And the pacific northwest is where I should be
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
What is happening now has nothing to do with what happens in January ...NOTHING .. you need to move to a town along the east side of Lake Ontario or Erie. I'm serious..that is the only place you will find the type of weather you are looking for. Its pretty obvious you are looking for weather here in fall that would be completely abnormal for this climate.
Mixum,

If you like the Snow,
this is where you gotta go.

Ski Country - Ski country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if you think your tough,
go find the real white stuff,
because coastal Connecticut has the chowder,
but not enough good white powder!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:22 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,157,308 times
Quote:
So it's normal that we have gotten zero rain, no storms and almost 70 degree weather all October and into early November?

Stop.

70 degrees into early November? ..the last 2 weeks have been BELOW normal. When you said August sucked for weather.. (when it was the most pleasant August I can ever remember) you lost me.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:44 AM

83,511 posts, read 75,269,804 times
Another cold morning out there. I didn't drop below freezing this time but close. (32.4°). 30s made it down to South Carolina. BDL and Willimantic in the 20s. Of course some other local CT spots as well.

How about you guys... what is/was your temp?

Old 11-05-2013, 05:00 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Another cold morning out there. I didn't drop below freezing this time but close. (32.4°). 30s made it down to South Carolina. BDL and Willimantic in the 20s. Of course some other local CT spots as well.

How about you guys... what is/was your temp?
The main difference between this morning and yesterday is NYC itself stayed a little bit warmer, but all the other places were pretty much the same they were at this time yesterday. Warmup coming though (then another cooldown).

Old 11-05-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
The main difference between this morning and yesterday is NYC itself stayed a little bit warmer, but all the other places were pretty much the same they were at this time yesterday. Warmup coming though (then another cooldown).
More 20s were around yesterday. As far as the warmth... Warmest day of the week for the coast should be Thursday. Wednesday for Interior.

Don't forget...50s is seasonable for the daytime now and not considered "warm" even for warm weather fans..

GFS6z max temps for Thursday

Old 11-05-2013, 05:53 AM

Record Highs for November 7th.

Bridgeport:68.
Danbury:79.
NYC: 78.
Boston: 77.
Hartford: 74.
Philly: 76.

Will be No where near these values

Old 11-05-2013, 08:24 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,880,628 times
Quote:

Bridgeport had a shot at one point when they were talking 68-72 everywhere but they seem to be lowering the temps.....last night they were saying mid 60s now they're even saying low 60s everywhere which is only a little above normal.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:27 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,242,409 times
Quote:

Its kind of odd that Danbury has the highest temperature listed, even higher than nearby Bridgeport.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Its kind of odd that Danbury has the highest temperature listed, even higher than nearby Bridgeport.
Yeah, I'm thinking records aren't official and sketchy from Danbury pre 1980 so who knows.

Drought map not updated yet but will post it.

Hard to see the CT coast with map below but with just six of the last 43 days having measured rain (0.40"), we're in D1 Moderate Drought status now.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...ing/palmer.gif

Old 11-05-2013, 09:04 AM

4,429 posts, read 10,360,931 times
Quote:

Stop.

Quote:
Cactus belong in Arizona not CT. This weather is atrocious
I understand you wait 7 or 8 months for some rainy, cool and overcast weather, so it can be disappointing. However, I think because of the way weather is “marketed” today....not only has our image of the climates of distant lands been distorted - but even us locals seem to have lost touch with what is “normal” for our climate. With all the hype, spin, bias, bad information, marketing…etc…most of us couldn’t even tell a traveler what is “normal” for our area any time of year -lol.

You are at 40 latitude…you live on the oceanic margins of a landmass…facing a subtropical ocean to the south. What are you expecting in October and November – heavy snow, 30 F highs, constant overcast weather and precipitation, frequent storms…etc?

The fact that there has been some snow a FEW times in November (and even late October) has been distorted to make many of us think there is a real chance of snow in fall EVERY YEAR. This is totally misleading of course: Snow is RARE in October/November… average daily highs are in the mid 50’s F, and several days even in November will see highs of 60 F. In terms of sunshine and dry weather -we are not a high latitude location like the PNW, Northern Europe, Russia, Northern Asia…etc) where Oct/Nov bring much overcast and cyclonic weather. I agree, it has been overly sunny and dry – but frequent sunshine is a fact of life for anyone who lives from around 40 latitude southward. In fact, there are some climates that are classified as “subtropical” that start around 38 – 40 latitude.

My point is that that the true nature and genetics of any climate often win out over the extremes. You are seeing that now – despite the extremes we see now and then (and how they are sooooo hyped)… the “typical “ weather in the Tri-State region in October and November frequently wins out – meaning it’s often mild, sunny, stable, and dry.

…and one other FYI (that again shows how nothing is what it seems)….Cactus are NATIVE to the sand dunes of the whole East Coast from Rhode Island to Key West and into the West Indies:

Prickly-pear (Opuntia humifusa)

Cactus actually FLOWER in the CT/NY/NJ/DE area....these are from Milford, CT

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut