Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 04:16 PM

83,523 posts, read 75,333,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
However they are still showing tuesday night into wednesday even though everyone else is saying wednesday night into thirsday so this may not be updated yet....
I think that's beause it will fall on Tuesday for Great Lakes Areas. Date bottom right says it was updated this afternoon but yeah, they should extend it to Thursday morning? Maybe not. Might end by midnight.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:58 PM

As of right now here's the snow total forecast for Weds/Thurs. maybe Philly with more than Norfolk, CT. lol Not much more anyway. Take that "3" lightly. More like 1-2" with 3" locally but their scale fits southern CT into the "1-3"

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/gis/images/PHI_Snow.png

And here's TWC. LOL!

Old 01-19-2015, 08:36 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,956 times
Another example of what ice on the road can do..
http://youtu.be/O7ApxVyskuI

Old 01-20-2015, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
New update from Upton. Lol. Less.
And........... New Update..... Less.. LOL

Old 01-20-2015, 05:27 AM

All winter we have been looking past 5-8 days for the big snows. They have been there.... we get closer and they disappear. So it's VERY hard for me to even talk about whats coming up just based on the winter pattern we been having!

Some folks talking about the pattern changing (including mets)
Some folks talking about potential for snowstorms coming up

I keep reminding them the trend is your friend and it's been working for me! Even with this clipper! Some folks thought for sure CT would see 2"+, I never really bought it. Almost.

With that said.... does it last forever? All winter?? It can.... but now chances are lower for it to continue.

So when... When will it change. February? March? End of January? This weekend? Be careful what you see today with what the Euro showed last night.

Lets wait until 2 hrs before to mention it. LOL

Old 01-20-2015, 09:42 AM

Just wanna show what the latest GFS says. I wonder how NWS discussions will word things this evening. Euro hasn't updated yet but lets go through 4 images real quick...

1. Tomorrows event.. This clipper comes down and hits a brick wall called the Appalachians. Notice the precip the lightest shade of green = VERY light. Also whats happening is a coastal storm will form off Virginia tonight which will rob the moisture out of the Clipper system coming down. But again...notice.. nothing over CT. LOL This is Wednesday 7pm but precip is for 6hours prior. Wed 1-7pm.

Thursday 4am. Look where that coastal storm is now. No more clipper. Gone. Nothing over CT. Dry day. Light snows over Nantucket only. But take a look to bottom left... Energy digging down to south.

Friday 7am.. Another Dry day for us. High Pressure in control. But notice the system in the gulf ton of moisture into the Florida panhandle. The path..... models have been tucking it closer to the coast.

4. Saturday 10pm. BOOM. 973mb low off Nantucket. Blizzard conditions in Eastern MA.

On this update the system is close enough to give us a snowstorm Saturday. (DeJaVu??) 4 days away. Curious what Euro says and what NWS will say.

Another clipper comes down while al this is happening.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:22 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,363,314 times
Quote:
Just wanna show what the latest GFS says. I wonder how NWS discussions will word things this evening. Euro hasn't updated yet but lets go through 4 images real quick...

1. Tomorrows event.. This clipper comes down and hits a brick wall called the Appalachians. Notice the precip the lightest shade of green = VERY light. Also whats happening is a coastal storm will form off Virginia tonight which will rob the moisture out of the Clipper system coming down. But again...notice.. nothing over CT. LOL This is Wednesday 7pm but precip is for 6hours prior. Wed 1-7pm.

Thursday 4am. Look where that coastal storm is now. No more clipper. Gone. Nothing over CT. Dry day. Light snows over Nantucket only. But take a look to bottom left... Energy digging down to south.

Friday 7am.. Another Dry day for us. High Pressure in control. But notice the system in the gulf ton of moisture into the Florida panhandle. The path..... models have been tucking it closer to the coast.

4. Saturday 10pm. BOOM. 973mb low off Nantucket. Blizzard conditions in Eastern MA.

On this update the system is close enough to give us a snowstorm Saturday. (DeJaVu??) 4 days away. Curious what Euro says and what NWS will say.

Another clipper comes down while al this is happening.
WTNH mentioned snow possible on Tuesday of next week as well, is that the clipper?

Old 01-20-2015, 11:19 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talorsew23 View Post
All I can say is "GREAT"

I hope we finish out Jan with no snow.

By Feb, even if it turns stormy, the sun is working with us = melts snow faster. It has been so nice this winter, rain, and mostly sunny like today.

I see my snowdrops are blooming, soon my daffs will be up and then SPRING!
But man has it been COLD this month....don't you wish you hadn't come back from Florida?

Old 01-20-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
WTNH mentioned snow possible on Tuesday of next week as well, is that the clipper?
Still 7 days away but yeah, looks like that would be a clipper type. Funny, all this action and I hope we don't have T-2" to show for it. lol

Canadian update is a near miss with Saturdays storm. Only snows for coast/Long island. Atlantic City sees a few inches!

Euro out soon

Old 01-20-2015, 11:47 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,164,409 times
Quote:
All winter we have been looking past 5-8 days for the big snows. They have been there.... we get closer and they disappear. So it's VERY hard for me to even talk about whats coming up just based on the winter pattern we been having!

Some folks talking about the pattern changing (including mets)
Some folks talking about potential for snowstorms coming up

I keep reminding them the trend is your friend and it's been working for me! Even with this clipper! Some folks thought for sure CT would see 2"+, I never really bought it. Almost.

With that said.... does it last forever? All winter?? It can.... but now chances are lower for it to continue.

So when... When will it change. February? March? End of January? This weekend? Be careful what you see today with what the Euro showed last night.

Lets wait until 2 hrs before to mention it. LOL
Early February..not ready yet. 2 major snows 6 inches or more in February..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut