Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2018, 08:41 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,185,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
The Trumbull Mall did expand within the last 10 years when they put on the Target and some of the restaurants. I don't think they will ever expand for small shops. That target is crazy busy all the time. I was in there last night at 9:00 and the checkout line was long with mostly college age adults. I also heard we might have a Costco (or something .
I was there for the most recent expansion. Costco would do well there. The complaint some tenants have is that many will just go the big box store and not visit the mall itself.

They had talks about going bigger still before the last expansion.

I think what will help Trumbull the most, the awful traffic getting in and out of Norwalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2018, 03:58 PM

21,758 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davwve View Post
RR has been averaging 8-10 years per platform generation and tend to only make minimal exterior updates during intergenerational years. I know of and seen plenty of individuals purchase older "clean" RR for cheap to keep up a certain appearance. Unless someone is well versed in RR's it is very difficult to tell what exact year one may be.
Sure, for appearances/status there isn’t a huge difference. Tech, interior design, features is night and day.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:25 PM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davwve View Post
RR has been averaging 8-10 years per platform generation and tend to only make minimal exterior updates during intergenerational years. I know of and seen plenty of individuals purchase older "clean" RR for cheap to keep up a certain appearance. Unless someone is well versed in RR's it is very difficult to tell what exact year one may be.
10 year old Range Rovers or any luxury car may require a maintenance budget equal to the lease payment of a lesser car.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:36 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
Norwalk mall still on track for Fall 2019

Mid July 2018 update

https://www.thehour.com/business/art...photo-15934199

Old 09-11-2018, 06:13 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
Proposed to built 106-apartment, mixed-use building next to South Norwalk Train Station. It will be good because area is steady improving

https://www.thehour.com/news/article...photo-16064664

Old 09-28-2018, 07:56 AM

4,455 posts, read 3,349,947 times
Here is something significant that is coming to the Trumbull mall. I surmise this is all coming about because of the new mall in Norwalk. The apartment complex at the Trumbull mall was approved and I see on one of my town's Facebook page another zone change was approved at the mall too. I am thinking maybe they approved the ENTIRE mall complex as mixed use but I have to keep checking for the specifics.

https://trumbullmeetings.wordpress.c...mixed-use-zone

Old 09-28-2018, 12:12 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,456,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
Here is something significant that is coming to the Trumbull mall. I surmise this is all coming about because of the new mall in Norwalk. The apartment complex at the Trumbull mall was approved and I see on one of my town's Facebook page another zone change was approved at the mall too. I am thinking maybe they approved the ENTIRE mall complex as mixed use but I have to keep checking for the specifics.

https://trumbullmeetings.wordpress.c...mixed-use-zone
Interesting. Kind of a weird way of trying to get renters with no kids, limiting to two bedrooms and no rooms that could be used as a bedroom. I wonder if other towns do this? If so it might explain why 3 bedroom apartments are so damn expensive when you can find them.

Old 09-29-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by East of the River View Post
Interesting. Kind of a weird way of trying to get renters with no kids, limiting to two bedrooms and no rooms that could be used as a bedroom. I wonder if other towns do this? If so it might explain why 3 bedroom apartments are so damn expensive when you can find them.
They are trying to cut down on the impact to the schools (rising taxes) with only 1 and 2 bedrooms.

We have the Royce apartments (the old Avalon) and it has many three bedrooms. With all the children in those apartments it is negative taxes to the grand list. But the first 20 years had to have a certain % of subsidized apartments and that is why there were so many children. The subsidized apartments are coming to an end though.

Sorry to go off topic but thought it was important to explain reason for the 1 and 2 bedroom cutoff. The reason for the apartments at the Trumbull mall is to make the mall thrive against the competition from the Norwalk Mall. So it does kind of relate to this thread in a round about way. Trumbull is trying to balance a way to make our mall competitive with as little impact to the taxpayers.

Old 09-30-2018, 05:17 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,185,266 times
I debated there was competition to Trumbull from SoNo before only to be dismissed!?

Old 09-30-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepfordct View Post
I debated there was competition to Trumbull from SoNo before only to be dismissed!?
I think my town officials are panicking about the mall and should not have approved the apartments. Just about most residents in Trumbull feel this way. And Trumbull residents are MAD. Trumbull might see complete turnover of politicians and the people on the planning and zoning the next time we vote for First Selectman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut