Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2019, 12:25 PM

830 posts, read 1,094,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
I know this is about the Norwalk Mall but the two closest mall are Stamford and Trumbull (my mall) which will be affected by it.

My Trumbull mall is going to be getting an aquarium in it which I think is really awesome.
https://patch.com/connecticut/trumbu...-trumbull-mall
https://trumbull.visitseaquest.com

And I have changed my mind on the apartments near the Trumbull Mall. I think they are needed to increase traffic in the Trumbull Mall.
Is it necessary to have another aquarium relatively close to the one in Norwalk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 12:38 PM

4,460 posts, read 3,354,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanny13 View Post
Is it necessary to have another aquarium relatively close to the one in Norwalk?
Is it necessary to have another mall relatively close to the one in Trumbull?

Old 01-04-2019, 11:10 AM

27 posts, read 23,095 times
Quote:
Is it necessary to have another mall relatively close to the one in Trumbull?
By the sounds of it the aquariums will be set up just like the malls, offering different stores/experiences. The Norwalk aquarium has mid-sized animals and a variety of exhibits while the new one in Trumbell looks mostly to be touch ponds and swimming with sting rays. Different offerings, different aquariums.

Old 01-05-2019, 03:56 PM

4,460 posts, read 3,354,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandMan22 View Post
By the sounds of it the aquariums will be set up just like the malls, offering different stores/experiences. The Norwalk aquarium has mid-sized animals and a variety of exhibits while the new one in Trumbull looks mostly to be touch ponds and swimming with sting rays. Different offerings, different aquariums.

I am going to get a yearly pass so I can go in whenever I am in the mall and have time to just sit and look at the fish. It is so relaxing. I would also think they would sell fish and animals too but I am not sure. It says on the website they also have parties. The entire area of the mall downstairs is shaping up to be for kids/families and that is a good thing. Hopefully we won't have bad things happening at our mall and families will indeed go.

Just another bit of info I just saw on one of the Trumbull Facebook pages is that my First Selectwoman is putting a two year moratorium on apartments being built. It appears that the apartments at the mall will be on hold a few years so we can decide as a town (not just the P&Z) what we should do there.

Old 01-20-2019, 06:30 PM

14,057 posts, read 13,950,334 times
Mid January 2018 Sono Collection Mall progress in South Norwalk it expected for a Fall 2019 opening maybe sooner it coming along fast.

80 to 100 stores expected at Norwalk Mall

NORWALK — A sports bar chain has become the first eatery to reveal plans to open at the SoNo Collection, the upscale mall going vertical in South Norwalk alongside Interstate 95.

Yard House has signaled its intent with the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection to open in South Norwalk, with the chain having more than 65 locations nationally but only a half dozen in the Northeast including neighboring Westchester County, N.Y.

https://www.thehour.com/business/art...m-85307-tbla-3

Old 01-22-2019, 01:06 PM

830 posts, read 1,094,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Mid January 2018 Sono Collection Mall progress in South Norwalk it expected for a Fall 2019 opening maybe sooner it coming along fast.

80 to 100 stores expected at Norwalk Mall

NORWALK — A sports bar chain has become the first eatery to reveal plans to open at the SoNo Collection, the upscale mall going vertical in South Norwalk alongside Interstate 95.

Yard House has signaled its intent with the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection to open in South Norwalk, with the chain having more than 65 locations nationally but only a half dozen in the Northeast including neighboring Westchester County, N.Y.

https://www.thehour.com/business/art...m-85307-tbla-3
Nice, the one in Westchester @ Ridge Hill is always completely packed. Although, that mall seems to have a bit more diversity in terms of a mix of upscale and mid-range stores than it seems this mall is going to, so I wonder if the target clientele will like this or not?

Old 01-22-2019, 01:11 PM

14,057 posts, read 13,950,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allanny13 View Post
Nice, the one in Westchester @ Ridge Hill is always completely packed. Although, that mall seems to have a bit more diversity in terms of a mix of upscale and mid-range stores than it seems this mall is going to, so I wonder if the target clientele will like this or not?
Yes this target for upscale Westport, Greenwich, Darien and some Westchester residents

Old 01-22-2019, 09:19 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,240,628 times
YardHouse will do fine. It's over here in Marina Del Rey (which is upscale) and it's always packed.

Old 01-23-2019, 04:41 PM

10,083 posts, read 14,458,372 times
Quote:
I know this is about the Norwalk Mall but the two closest mall are Stamford and Trumbull (my mall) which will be affected by it.

My Trumbull mall is going to be getting an aquarium in it which I think is really awesome.
https://patch.com/connecticut/trumbu...-trumbull-mall
https://trumbull.visitseaquest.com

And I have changed my mind on the apartments near the Trumbull Mall. I think they are needed to increase traffic in the Trumbull Mall.
I've been to one of those Seaquest aquarium experiences, and while it might be incredible for the kids to touch, play with, hold, and poke the animals, the animals probably don't feel the same.

It was kind of dirty (probably due to many people there that day), the employees didn't really know much about the animals, other than one main person, and essentially it's a loud, cramped space for kids under 8 to run around screaming and crying for an hour. LOL, I mean, that was my experience.

It's a great thing for the kids for sure, but the way the animals are kept, the lack of staff knowledge, and the "rush em in, rush em out/kid party atmosphere" does not lend itself to a well run organization--or a very fun afternoon for adults.

Think a glorified large Mcdonald's playland with large and small interactive aquariums.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:30 AM

8 posts, read 7,697 times
I grew up in Norwalk back in the 60's and left in the '90s. Had not been back until a few years ago when I worked on Norden Place for 4 years. I do not recognize Norwalk now. Way over developed and condos everywhere. A shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut