Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 12:04 PM

561 posts, read 1,923,040 times

Advertisements

Anyone know anything about these apartments??

Beacon Mill Village-2 North Main Street Beacon Falls, CT 06403 203-723-1837 - Apartment Search Results

How about the area schools? Are they at least on par with the average CT schools?

How about crime in the area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 10:30 PM

42 posts, read 136,734 times
Whats crime?

Old 05-11-2008, 01:06 AM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
Anyone know anything about these apartments??

Beacon Mill Village-2 North Main Street Beacon Falls, CT 06403 203-723-1837 - Apartment Search Results

How about the area schools? Are they at least on par with the average CT schools?

How about crime in the area?
markhunt-

I know someone who lived in Beacon Mill for about a year and for the price, they enjoyed living there very much. The apartments are affordable, decent and are convenient to Waterbury, New Haven and Bridgeport.

The schools in Beacon Falls are good - Region 16 (Beacon Falls and Prospect) built a new high school recently. So far I have heard nothing but good things.

As for crime, there is very little crime in Beacon Falls. It is a safe rural/suburban town that has a lot going for it. Property values in the town keep rising.

To help you further, what is your price range and where will you be working?

Old 05-11-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celina1960 View Post
Whats crime?
Your from Naugatuck right?

Take a ride in and around areas of Rubber ave and your bound to see some drug deals go down. Or just take a 10 minute drive up route 8 to Waterbury and.....Voila!

Old 05-11-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
markhunt-

I know someone who lived in Beacon Mill for about a year and for the price, they enjoyed living there very much. The apartments are affordable, decent and are convenient to Waterbury, New Haven and Bridgeport.

The schools in Beacon Falls are good - Region 16 (Beacon Falls and Prospect) built a new high school recently. So far I have heard nothing but good things.

As for crime, there is very little crime in Beacon Falls. It is a safe rural/suburban town that has a lot going for it. Property values in the town keep rising.

To help you further, what is your price range and where will you be working?
Looking for a 2 bedroom around 1000-1200 per month. Will be looking for IT work within a 40 minute drive (including traffic), to any metro areas of the cities you mentioned, in addition to Danbury.

Old 05-11-2008, 08:53 PM

42 posts, read 136,734 times
How do you know I'm from Nuagatuck? Live on the Oxford Middlebury line. Don't see or hear much up here.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:37 PM

21,619 posts, read 31,202,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhunt View Post
Looking for a 2 bedroom around 1000-1200 per month. Will be looking for IT work within a 40 minute drive (including traffic), to any metro areas of the cities you mentioned, in addition to Danbury.
Centrally located would be most of the Valley towns - Ansonia, Derby, Beacon Falls, Naugatuck, Shelton. The other centrally located towns of Oxford, Southbury, Middlebury, Monroe, Bethany, Newtown and Woodbridge are also close to all, but are much more pricey.

For 1200/month, you can probably do a little better than Naugatuck and Beacon Falls. Also, have you checked out Black Rock in Bridgeport? I know there are plenty of IT jobs available in lower Fairfield County (Stamford/Norwalk/Wilton) as well as the greater Hartford area which is much more affordable than southwest CT. Also sections of New Haven are nice such as Westville and East Rock which most likely have an abundance of IT work.

Seymour is a great alternative as well.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celina1960 View Post
How do you know I'm from Nuagatuck? Live on the Oxford Middlebury line. Don't see or hear much up here.
Sorry, your user profile location says Naugatuck. Hence, why I thought you were from Naugatuck.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Centrally located would be most of the Valley towns - Ansonia, Derby, Beacon Falls, Naugatuck, Shelton. The other centrally located towns of Oxford, Southbury, Middlebury, Monroe, Bethany, Newtown and Woodbridge are also close to all, but are much more pricey.

For 1200/month, you can probably do a little better than Naugatuck and Beacon Falls. Also, have you checked out Black Rock in Bridgeport? I know there are plenty of IT jobs available in lower Fairfield County (Stamford/Norwalk/Wilton) as well as the greater Hartford area which is much more affordable than southwest CT. Also sections of New Haven are nice such as Westville and East Rock which most likely have an abundance of IT work.

Seymour is a great alternative as well.
I like Woodbridge, and did see a couple of rentals within my price range on craigs list, but my wifes family all live in Oakville and Watertown. I forgot about Shelton! That used to be an up and coming town last time I was living in CT. Got to check out the rentals there.

Thanks for the info. Got some rep for that!

Old 10-19-2014, 06:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,215 times
Obviously this thread is years old but I'm just looking for an update.

I'm relocating to Connecticut and Beacon Mill Village is fairly close to my new job, the rental rates are in my price range and the units look interesting - not the basic cookie cutter apartment complex. The reviews on apartmentratings.com are very mixed, some very good and some pretty bad.

Does anybody have some insight on it's current condition?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut