Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 06:08 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy0519 View Post
Working hard doesn't necessarily equate with more hours. At all. I do agree about working smart--I too, get exceeds expectations and I was the least tenured consultant, yet the first taken on full time at my hospital, because the work I do and how I do it was noticed.

I've said it time and time again....Same age as you, great boyfriend, great friends, great career (that I love), great health, very little-no stress, and a great social life.

Also, many of the more "upper-upper" class people I know, with careers, do the same thing I do--and lead a stress free, happy life.

I think you are just an unhappy person, who doesn't know what they truly want for themselves or who they truly want to be.

I'm done feeding nep in this post.
I'm not Nep.

I can't get buy on looks or sterling personality. I actually have to work. Hard. Just how my family has done it. Several of my closest friends are Physicians. They worked hard and continue to do so.

I am also very happy. Enjoy life very much.

Since you've conflated my comments with Neps, and are painting his attributes on to me, I'm not sure it's worth saying much else...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 06:19 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,958,320 times
Anyway, I have decided to move out of FFC around May, to a new place, with no job secured. Just me and my $75,000 in cash that I will have in the bank, and a resume. I will also purchase Obamacare for just $300 a month. I have determined that even if I blew through all my savings and had to start all over again, I would still be better off than staying in FFC employed and saving forever to buy a home. I announced the news to my mother this weekend and she was very understanding, supportive and encouraging. I mean, even if I blow through $30K, I'll still have $45K leftover, which is more than enough to make a nice down payment on a $180K home or so, in a lower cost metro area. I will have put in 2 years of tenure at my job in Stamford. With the economy and job market really improving this year, and being in a high-demand profession, I am more excited than ever to enter the next chapter in my life.

I sort of attempted to do this back in 2012, but only had $28,000 saved up, and lost focus and blew through my savings quite a bit. But this time, I will move directly to the new place and start looking for work immediately. It will be a place that has plenty of job openings in my specific field, and a place with proven ability to generate new job openings in my field. I have been monitoring virtually every city in the nation, on Indeed.com, as a gauge of where I could find suitable employment and be able to purchase a home by the age of 32 or 33.

I look forward to this important next step in my life and have learned from my mistakes of the past. I will be successful in doing so and prove you all wrong. It can be done. Not being a local candidate is more harmful to chances of finding a job than being a local, unemployed candidate. It worked every time and I expect it will work again. Even when I was in Charlotte, unemployed, I had recruiters all over me, and two job interviews lined up. But I chickened out and went back to mommy in CT. Not this time!

Last edited by nep321; 01-27-2015 at 06:52 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 06:43 PM

370 posts, read 609,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Anyway, I have decided to move out of FFC around May, to a new place, with no job secured.
Hope you have a nice summer vacation...again. Drive safe when you return to CT in September.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:52 PM

95 posts, read 320,598 times
Where ya headed this time nep?

Old 01-27-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UconnHusky1 View Post
Hope you have a nice summer vacation...again. Drive safe when you return to CT in September.
Won't happen. I'm proving you all WRONG this time.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin1786 View Post
Where ya headed this time nep?
I don't know yet. One potential choice is Cleveland metro. Jobs are plentiful in my field, housing is affordable, much more dating opportunities, four seasons, direct flights to BDL, and a semi-northeastern mentality. Amazing history, architecture and the city overall is making a comeback faster than most U.S. cities. But I'm still trying to choose an exact place. So I don't know yet.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:02 PM

95 posts, read 320,598 times
Quote:
I don't know yet. One potential choice is Cleveland metro. Jobs are plentiful in my field, housing is affordable, much more dating opportunities, four seasons, direct flights to BDL, and a semi-northeastern mentality. Amazing history, architecture and the city overall is making a comeback faster than most U.S. cities. But I'm still trying to choose an exact place. So I don't know yet.
Have you ever been to Cleveland? Gross, no thanks.

I hear what you are saying about the COL being redic man, but sometimes there a reason why some places are super cheap.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:08 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Well at least Cleveland hasn't seen a river burn in a few decades, now (LOL)!

Old 01-27-2015, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin1786 View Post
Have you ever been to Cleveland? Gross, no thanks.

I hear what you are saying about the COL being redic man, but sometimes there a reason why some places are super cheap.
No, I never have been to Cleveland, but wish I visited. Obviously, I wouldn't live in the city, but a nice suburb. That's why I said Cleveland metro. Maybe I should go for Columbus instead.

Yes, there is a reason why some places are very cheap. There is also a reason why some places are very expensive. This doesn't necessarily mean that the place is desirable, however. In my opinion, Fairfield County is an extremely undesirable place to live for someone in my shoes, due to extreme cost of living, fast paced lifestyle and severe lack of dating opportunities. That's just the way it is. On the other hand, for a wealthy family who enjoys being near NYC, might love it here. It's just not for me.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:11 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,108,607 times
Quote:
Amazing history, architecture and the city overall is making a comeback faster than most U.S. cities.
Can't wait until the "ghetto" and "rundown" complaints come rolling in.

Also, please stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut