Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 03:36 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Is Hartford seeing any rollover/spill from Bostons growth to world class status spreading out to Westfield? How about from College valley? Anything?
No. What makes you think Boston has spread to Westfield? I don’t even see that in Springfield. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 03:52 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,036,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
No. What makes you think Boston has spread to Westfield? I don’t even see that in Springfield. Jay
Yes, the biotech industry has been marching westward. Wfh, cheaper lab costs have pushed the industry out further west. Engulfing Worcester, now approaching Westfield/Springfield slowly. Springfield’s increase in funding/revenue is a direct result of the eastern sides success story.

Now is anything trickling down to CT in the form of increased construction of development? Westfield and other neighboring towns are doing quite well as of the past two years… i wonder how the suburbs due north of Hartford will perform.

I think, i hope really, the housing market in/around Hartford rallies.

Again, being two hours and change to NYC, sub 90 minutes to 128 belt, and over the border to another job market that is picking up steam.. Hartford has a LOT of potential

Old 11-03-2021, 04:00 PM

252 posts, read 139,602 times
Quote:
Yes, the biotech industry has been marching westward. Wfh, cheaper lab costs have pushed the industry out further west. Engulfing Worcester, now approaching Westfield/Springfield slowly. Springfield’s increase in funding/revenue is a direct result of the eastern sides success story.

Now is anything trickling down to CT in the form of increased construction of development? Westfield and other neighboring towns are doing quite well as of the past two years… i wonder how the suburbs due north of Hartford will perform.

Again, being two hours and change to NYC, sub 90 minutes to 128 belt, and over the border to another job market that is picking up steam.. Hartford has a LOT of potential
The Hartford suburbs have always been relatively stable and well-off, even if they are kind of depressed these days compared to Boston. It is the city of Hartford itself that has serious problems.

Old 11-03-2021, 04:29 PM

12,169 posts, read 8,036,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okbymeman View Post
The Hartford suburbs have always been relatively stable and well-off, even if they are kind of depressed these days compared to Boston. It is the city of Hartford itself that has serious problems.
I wouldnt go that far. I dont think Hartford suburbs are depressed by any means.

Certainly a lot quainter and polished/refined than NYC burbs and not as expensive as BOS/NYC burbs. But thats the thing that makes Hartford suburbs so great. I actually think Hartford burbs (price aside) may be my favorite suburbs in the Northeast. They have a perfect blend of a lot of things that make a truly great agglomeration of suburbs for the region.

Old 11-03-2021, 11:30 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,115,027 times
Quote:
I wouldnt go that far. I dont think Hartford suburbs are depressed by any means.

Certainly a lot quainter and polished/refined than NYC burbs and not as expensive as BOS/NYC burbs. But thats the thing that makes Hartford suburbs so great. I actually think Hartford burbs (price aside) may be my favorite suburbs in the Northeast. They have a perfect blend of a lot of things that make a truly great agglomeration of suburbs for the region.
I wouldn’t put them over New Haven area suburbs, but I know what you mean. It’s a well rounded region.

Old 11-04-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:

Connecticut has its own biotech economy with a large research community in New Haven and Jackson Labs in Farmington. New labs are being built in New Haven. I’m not aware of any being built in Farmington. Jay

Old 11-04-2021, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbymeman View Post
Depressed??? I am not sure how anyone can think Hartford’s suburbs are depressed. Have you been to any of them? By no measure can anyone call Hartford suburbs depressed especially these days when greater Hartford’s real estate market has been among the top for price growth. Jay

Old 11-04-2021, 05:51 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,492,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Depressed??? I am not sure how anyone can think Hartford’s suburbs are depressed. Have you been to any of them? By no measure can anyone call Hartford suburbs depressed especially these days when greater Hartford’s real estate market has been among the top for price growth. Jay
The only thing depressed are the people who can’t afford to move in Hartford county. ::knee slapped::

Aka me.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:20 AM

332 posts, read 218,218 times
It seems that our capitol city has had a bit of a turnaround recently after decades of decline. Glad to see that Hartford is part of the Connecticut comeback.

S&P upgrades Hartford’s long-term issuer credit rating

Article: https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...-credit-rating

Old 11-26-2021, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecticutSir View Post
It seems that our capitol city has had a bit of a turnaround recently after decades of decline. Glad to see that Hartford is part of the Connecticut comeback.

S&P upgrades Hartford’s long-term issuer credit rating

Article: https://www.hartfordbusiness.com/art...-credit-rating
That is excellent news for the city. It shows that the hard work to improve the city in general is paying off. Go Hartford! Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut