Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2015, 04:01 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,037,272 times

Advertisements

I am so loving this thread! When I first checked it out, there were so many pages & I was hopscotching around. Now there's even more, so I've decided to go back to the beginning and do it the right way. Thank you all for taking the time to post these great photos; as I continue to visit your beautiful state, these pics will aid me in my relocation adventure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 10:07 AM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
A view from the CT coast this morning & the Long Island Sound.

I mean to see this much snow around the coast here this time of year is special but to know it's been lasting over 3 weeks without melting is just crazy!

Milford coastal community

Westport Compo Beach.

Video.. Birds found the open pocket but truly amazing to see the Sound glazing over everywhere. Never seen this before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VaJwcLUmWA&feature=youtu.be

Old 02-24-2015, 10:59 AM

Cambium, thanks to you and others here for keeping this thread alive. I just finished enjoying pics posted back in 2008, & am now into the 2010 posts! So many to enjoy - Waverunner had quite a string there. My dog just had one of her back legs amputated; by the time warm weather has arrived (??!!!?), she will be ready for some short jaunts. I hope my camera can capture even a bit of the Connecticut you all are showing here. What a beautiful state.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:06 PM

83,526 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Memorial Day is 3 months from today. Something tells me nobody will be in the water.

Took another trip to the beach. Norwalk has a 6-12"+ SnowPack and Waters Iced up. Drifts over 2 feet in spots. Nuts!

Business owners were in there just catching up on stuff.

Surreal to see this on the Salty Always moving Sound.

One side open waters, the other side frozen solid. Tide was going out. I have video later.

Sign should say "Ice Fishing Pier" lol

I never had a 4 week snowpack of 12"+ linger into March. Looks like I'll have some White Mulch for the garden beds. :-)

Old 02-25-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
So many to enjoy - Waverunner had quite a string there.

Sorry...not Waverunner... Wavehunter! Oops!

Haha... yep Cambium, you're gonna have lots of white mulch!

Old 02-26-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arm&Hammer View Post
Thought I would share this one... looks good
Wow what a beautiful pic! Was that taken from your yard? If it was taken from a public spot, definitely have to put that one on my list! I could say that about most of these pics I've seen so far - and I'm only up to 2012!

Old 02-27-2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I was in Avon today and I added that city to my Top 10 places to live in CT.

This one is nice, you can see the rolling hills with the dips and rises. Just imagine, water must of been running through those valleys millions/billions of years ago.

Avon is so far one of my favorite CT towns - I've many still to visit.
Quick question, many of the posts in the early half of this thread (2012 or prior) have "removed" notices or advice to click on the frog... Even when clicking on that thumbnail I get nothing. Did I just get to the party too late?

Old 02-28-2015, 05:06 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,956 times
I will be out on Easter - boat goes in April 1st no matter what the weather is doing..

A couple pictures of Norwalk harbor from yesterday, sorry about the quality.

Middle passage right off of chimmons Island looks totally frozen..
Attached Thumbnails
Photo & Video Thread-norwack.png   Photo & Video Thread-norwak2.jpg   Photo & Video Thread-chimmons.png  

Old 03-02-2015, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipperman View Post
anybody else have trouble linking to Flickr pics? seems they changed the copyable link code so the pic doesn't show up in the post anymore.
Yes, I am. Also imageshack & another one too. I thought it was either due to the tablet from which I'm viewing them; or that they just timed out. Now that I'm almost caught up on the thread, I hope all of you great photographers will keep posting. I have a few specific places to visit after seeing your pics.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:58 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,693,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Yes, I am. Also imageshack & another one too. I thought it was either due to the tablet from which I'm viewing them; or that they just timed out. Now that I'm almost caught up on the thread, I hope all of you great photographers will keep posting. I have a few specific places to visit after seeing your pics.
wow, i posted that a while ago. Flickr has since returned to their old way of linking..

just click to display the picture, click Share (arrow) and choose BBCode and the size, copy the link and post it right into this editor - don't need to click the image button.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut