Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2018, 08:30 AM

34,969 posts, read 57,045,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE72 View Post
Let's be clear. The Republicans have never held all three areas , Governor, House and Senate . The Democrats have held all three for the past 7 years. The Republicans only had the Senate in 1995 and 1996, and the Governor but not the House.

While the Governor can set policy it is the Legislature that has the check book. It is the Legislators that push their individual agenda into a collective bucket of needs and wants. It is not a secret that the deeper you look into the fabric, processes and workings of the Government that you can see the handiwork of Democrats. Sure there is " blame to go around" , but if you really think that Rowland was a crook, but not so many others that have been just skilled and lucky enough to hide their shenanigans , you haven't looked under the rug.

I have stated here before that when I moved to CT over 40 years ago , this was the " Switzerland of the Northeast " . Today, CT hardly resembles the " land of steady habits" that I embraced in the early 1970's. Thats' why I moved here. That's why I built a business from the ground up.

Today it is more like the " Land of Thieving Grifters "
The Republicans had a chance to prove their abilities and failed dramatically. The long term problems with the state's finances were known under Wiecker which is why the income tax was implemented. Rowland and Rell did nothing to address the problems. They certainly could have used their position as the leader of the state to address it. Instead they did what every other Governor did, kick the problem down the road. Again, poor leadership. To say that is because the Democrats controlled the legislature is wrong. As I say, there is more than enough blame on both sides of this. Jay

Old 10-13-2018, 09:22 AM

9,911 posts, read 7,716,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
The Republicans had a chance to prove their abilities and failed dramatically. The long term problems with the state's finances were known under Wiecker which is why the income tax was implemented. Rowland and Rell did nothing to address the problems. They certainly could have used their position as the leader of the state to address it. Instead they did what every other Governor did, kick the problem down the road. Again, poor leadership. To say that is because the Democrats controlled the legislature is wrong. As I say, there is more than enough blame on both sides of this. Jay
So the time of the 3rd Parties. No Parties to be beholden to and fresh unique ideas!

Old 10-13-2018, 04:22 PM

377 posts, read 241,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
As I stated , the Democrats have controlled all three areas for 7 consecutive years. The Republicans have never possssed all three. A “ chance” is just that, subject to the odds at hand. And the odds have been stacked against them. Leadership is fine, but when you are constantly in the minority , leadership falls flat. This is a true blue state. REpublican Leadership isn’t going to change the minds of those entrenched in the Progressive Liberal ideology. And this state has constantly demonstrated they are in lock step with the continued influence of the left of the Democratic Parry.

In the past I have written on this message board how CT is starting to mimic the way that California is heading. Sanctuary cities, illegal as a protected class high taxes, anti business,the squeeezing of the middle class and the emptying of the State Treasury based on emotional responses to the plight of the latest perceived designated class of victims. The gap between the rich and the poor is widening. Democrats are against a wall, but the elite Democrats wall themselves in with gated communities. The gates are not all the time physical visual structures. People may ask, how do you know what will happen if Democrats continue to govern Connecticut? All you need to do is look at the pattern of behavior and you have your answer.

If CT stays Blue in State Government, and stays Blue in Senate and House representation, you will continue to see this State spiral down into the abyss of more and more Red ink.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:09 PM

I just hope the next Governor will be: Green/Environmentally Friendly; lower income tax; lower taxes on property; assist CT Cities to grow & flourish; do away with sales tax; improve mental health services in the State; legalize marijuana; lower crime rates; do away with/less regulation on bussiness/personal liberties.

Old 10-13-2018, 10:06 PM

34,078 posts, read 17,129,438 times
Quote:
As I stated , the Democrats have controlled all three areas for 7 consecutive years. The Republicans have never possssed all three. A “ chance” is just that, subject to the odds at hand. And the odds have been stacked against them. Leadership is fine, but when you are constantly in the minority , leadership falls flat. This is a true blue state. REpublican Leadership isn’t going to change the minds of those entrenched in the Progressive Liberal ideology. And this state has constantly demonstrated they are in lock step with the continued influence of the left of the Democratic Parry.

Correct.

If you have one of 3 branches, you cannot change squat.

Old 10-13-2018, 11:01 PM

21,790 posts, read 28,153,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazbme99 View Post
OZ Griebel has no chance of winning. I hope voters realize that voting for him is a wasted vote. Stefanowski is the only way to vote in this election. Lamont will be a disaster and be the final nail in the coffin of the state of Connecticut. I still think the silent majority will do the right thing and vote for change. Legislature needs to go Republican. Stefanowski is not a great choice, but he is the only choice.
Oz will not get over 4-6 % of the vote.
Yes, but the point is Oz is not pulling D votes. He’s going to make it easier for Lamont to win.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:59 AM

6,594 posts, read 4,992,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Yes, but the point is Oz is not pulling D votes. He’s going to make it easier for Lamont to win.

This is true. I have voted third party before and it never works out well. They will have to be really strong to get in and I just don't see it in this case.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:16 AM

Saw another Oz sign this time in Waterbury. Seen them in Southbury, Waterbury, Bristol, and one other town in CT.

Anyone see the rap for Oz. See if I can post the link pretty cool.

Oz is in the next 2 debates. This can be the momentum Oz and Monte need!

Old 10-14-2018, 09:08 AM

https://www.newhavenarts.org/arts-pa...ave-oz-griebel

Old 10-14-2018, 09:15 AM

5,104 posts, read 4,844,487 times
Quote:

In the past I have written on this message board how CT is starting to mimic the way that California is heading. Sanctuary cities, illegal as a protected class high taxes, anti business,the squeeezing of the middle class and the emptying of the State Treasury based on emotional responses to the plight of the latest perceived designated class of victims. The gap between the rich and the poor is widening. Democrats are against a wall, but the elite Democrats wall themselves in with gated communities. The gates are not all the time physical visual structures. People may ask, how do you know what will happen if Democrats continue to govern Connecticut? All you need to do is look at the pattern of behavior and you have your answer.

If CT stays Blue in State Government, and stays Blue in Senate and House representation, you will continue to see this State spiral down into the abyss of more and more Red ink.

CT is not liberal or progressive and Daniel the Dino hasn't done anything to change that. There's no real liberal and/or progressive state in the country. At best CT is neutral / populist.

The last real progressive was Franklin D Roosevelt. No Democrat in CT or nationwide can touch him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut