Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2023, 02:54 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,031,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davwve View Post
This is the house. Sold for $260k.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...59014245_zpid/

My inlaws also sold their house in E. Granby back in August which went quickly especially considering it was at the very top range for the town.
That house would go for a $1m in Stamford.

Old 02-22-2023, 03:47 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,333,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
For many people working in NYC, FFC is relative bargain from an income/property tax perspective. If you add in the value for the dollar (price per square foot) and excellent quality of life in many of the communities, it makes total sense.
I own a 3BR/2Bth SF house in Belfast, NY. Property tax is $900/yr. School Tax is $500. Now that's attractive. All relative I guess but you are right.

Old 02-22-2023, 05:46 PM

84 posts, read 34,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
For many people working in NYC, FFC is relative bargain from an income/property tax perspective. If you add in the value for the dollar (price per square foot) and excellent quality of life in many of the communities, it makes total sense.

Looking at the greater Hartford area (not Hartford city itself but rather West Hartford, Avon, Farmington etc.), the homes continue to be terrific values in comparison to Boston or NYC suburbs. If you are remote or hybrid, this area is an excellent place to live.
As a former Long Island resident, I can relate. Anywhere outside the exclusive FFC towns, you can get a house at least 1.5X bigger on a lot 10X bigger in CT than you can get in a LI town with similar schools and QOL for the same PITI payment.

Old 02-22-2023, 06:12 PM

6,918 posts, read 3,750,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basementbarandgrill View Post
As a former Long Island resident, I can relate. Anywhere outside the exclusive FFC towns, you can get a house at least 1.5X bigger on a lot 10X bigger in CT than you can get in a LI town with similar schools and QOL for the same PITI payment.
No doubt about it, and even FC is a deal these days compared to some other state’s A listers and CA and FL B- listers.

Old 02-22-2023, 07:23 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basementbarandgrill View Post
Fairfield County desirable areas is one of cheapest rich area in country compare to Bay Area, LA/San Diego, Seattle, Chicago, Portland OR, Miami-Palm Beach area, Boston metro

Old 02-23-2023, 05:06 AM

252 posts, read 139,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Fairfield County desirable areas is one of cheapest rich area in country compare to Bay Area, LA/San Diego, Seattle, Chicago, Portland OR, Miami-Palm Beach area, Boston metro
It better be cheap when you consider how car-dependent it is and how horrendous the traffic is. No one is going to pay a premium to live somewhere like that unless it’s in CA.

Old 02-23-2023, 07:15 AM

6,918 posts, read 3,750,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okbymeman View Post
It better be cheap when you consider how car-dependent it is and how horrendous the traffic is. No one is going to pay a premium to live somewhere like that unless it’s in CA.
Have you lived in CA? you might want to rethink that. Go back and take a second look, make sure.
Not only do you get heavier price tags in the other places BPT mentioned you also get heavier traffic, there is no way to dispute that. There just isn't.
While the Greenwich to New Haven stretch is undoubtedly congested, you get what you pay for, and that's a lot, a helluva lot. To me and many many others it's worth it, every last penny, All Day! Everyday! I don't care what anyone says.

Old 02-23-2023, 10:25 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Have you lived in CA? you might want to rethink that. Go back and take a second look, make sure.
Not only do you get heavier price tags in the other places BPT mentioned you also get heavier traffic, there is no way to dispute that. There just isn't.
While the Greenwich to New Haven stretch is undoubtedly congested, you get what you pay for, and that's a lot, a helluva lot. To me and many many others it's worth it, every last penny, All Day! Everyday! I don't care what anyone says.
CA is tech and entertainment hub of the world Hollywood, Facebook Intel, Tesla, Microsoft, Apple, Google, Netflix and many more, snow mountains, desert, islands, forest, hills, urban areas but it too expensive to live. It better to live in CT you get more for your money and closer to other places $800,000 get you something nice in Fairfield or Trumbull.

Old 02-24-2023, 07:17 AM

570 posts, read 477,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
From a Realtor friend of mine... "On Fire"

I expect the market to remain strong and then fall off heavily as we always see during the second half of the year. Interest rates should rise, but Chief Economist at NAR says he expects rates to be 5.5% by the end of the year, a drop from today. That implies that the market will remain healthy and sellers will still benefit.."
NAR Chief Economist..hah. This is funny. Ministry of Truth would be a less bias source. I have yet to find a market where it is a 'bad time' to buy according to real estate "professionals". Let's be clear - any time over last two years who have been a bad time to purchase real estate to hold. With hot inflation and rates about to get 50 point hike..bye,bye spring market for all but fools. Prices need to come down 30-40% in CT.

Old 02-24-2023, 07:21 AM

21,765 posts, read 28,094,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Stamford to Fairfield**

After the B-port border, it’s pretty easy traffic wise, and I never hit much traffic in Greenwich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut